• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Samsung FLIP5 5g for effectively 76k

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I bought the Watch 6 with a Black Band only, while for Watch 5, I tried the magnetic metal chain.
woah, you bought watch6 after buying watch5 o_O

kudos (upparwaala itne paise mujhe bhi de) :ROFLMAO:

How to avail this?

As per the website this could be used only with exchange?
you don't need to do anything, most of offline samsung stores use random IMEI of apple devices which they get from Internet (or their own connections) for upgrade program...

Basically, we get discount of the said amount, and they get that money from Samsung which is win-win for both

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Will keep this in mind. Have to upgrade phone finally and anything outside of samsung is dead due to google dialer being the only option.
you don't like it or are you FOSS guy ?

As, samsung has too has it own dialer with spam detection, etc which means they too might be collecting data similar to google

Pankhuri

TF Ace
you don't like it or are you FOSS guy ?

As, samsung has too has it own dialer with spam detection, etc which means they too might be collecting data similar to google
It's dogshit. If it was any good, google won't need to strong arm other OEMs to make it default.

Samsung's own dialer has many features which I like, so would need to go with that. I would have preferred Xiaomi tbh but since they use google dialer, they are a no go for me.

Pankhuri

TF Ace
Basically, we get discount of the said amount, and they get that money from Samsung which is win-win for both
As someone else mentioned, the upfront discount on the website is called upgrade offer on the offline store. So is this the case?

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Classic ka design acha laga isliye le liya 🤭

Gave Watch 5 to a family member in my household.
same, gave my watch4 to family member (they were using fastrack before, so WearOS would be better anyway)

I feel smart watch are just gimiky...
Depends on your usage...
it feels like a gimmick until you buy and start using it... It makes life easier

For the first time buyer, The cost is not at all justified as everyone thinks that its just an helper of actual phone but still costs as much as mid-premium phone (like Nothing Phone 1/2)

The accessory is only for those who can actually shell out that amount of money for minor improvements in their life, its not a necessity and thus not for everyone (the makers know about this too)

I too got my hands on Watch4 as I was getting it for 3k while buying S22Ultra 1 year back and the improvements it made (even if minor) were worth it and so got the latest one :p

It's dogshit. If it was any good, google won't need to strong arm other OEMs to make it default.

Samsung's own dialer has many features which I like, so would need to go with that. I would have preferred Xiaomi tbh but since they use google dialer, they are a no go for me.
hmm, I always liked GDialer for some reason (using samsung dialer for now)

maybe its the T9 keyboard search using single key, or the integration with GCalendar (shows birthdays)... which is why I feel it to be better..

As someone else mentioned, the upfront discount on the website is called upgrade offer on the offline store. So is this the case?
as per my, upfront discount is the discount via card/emi, which is same online and offline afaik (hardly any differene)
Upgrade offer too is same, its just that in case of buying online, you might need to actually give your phone to a samsung shop whereas if you buy it from the shop itself, they might put random IMEI and give you the discount.

You can go to samsung experience store (you can find them via samsung storelocator) and get more info on it and compare

Also, if you have any corporate-email, do check their corporate offers too...

S22Ultra is cheapest via corporate email, while S23Ultra is same

saucy

TF Ace
If anyone is looking to buy Flip5, Samsung is running some pre-order discounts. There is 5k INR coupon discount applied upfront. If you use edge browser, it finds another coupon for 750 INR, FLIPFOLD750. There is 8K INR discount on using HDFC credit card. If you use the no cost emi option of 18 months, then it would be another discount of 10K INR. Final price would be 76231 INR. If you are looking to buy this device, I think this is a great deal. Also, kinda shows how useless the Samsung cobranded cards with axis are, HDFC is still giving better discounts on Samsung products.

1690947887067.png
Why did you not choose no cost emi of 24 months?

Pankhuri

TF Ace
hmm, I always liked GDialer for some reason (using samsung dialer for now)

maybe its the T9 keyboard search using single key, or the integration with GCalendar (shows birthdays)... which is why I feel it to be better..
Till android 9, I didn't mind any but mostly used foss due to using lots of custom roms at that time. Plus call recording was not that important for me at that time. In android 10 google removed the api for call recording essentially killing 3rd party apps for such purposes. There were some backgrounds but all were inferior to what worked on android 9. Then in android 11 google completely hid the audio feed behind root partition so was not accessible to any apps. Then they strong armed other OEMs in Indian market to push their dialer.

Other than call recording, their dialer is quite unintuitive. Going to history takes more steps. Tapping on a contact in call history at different locations brings up different options. Many other such shenanigans that I have now forgot. I bought 11 lite NE in oct 2021 and gave it to cousin after one month in exchange of his 2 yr old realme 5 pro, all thanks to google. At that time I was not willing to spend so much money for a samsung phone. I would buy any of xiaomi's "flagship killer" kind phone without the google dialer bullshit in a heartbeat.

AritraSaha

TF Legend
Till android 9, I didn't mind any but mostly used foss due to using lots of custom roms at that time. Plus call recording was not that important for me at that time. In android 10 google removed the api for call recording essentially killing 3rd party apps for such purposes. There were some backgrounds but all were inferior to what worked on android 9. Then in android 11 google completely hid the audio feed behind root partition so was not accessible to any apps. Then they strong armed other OEMs in Indian market to push their dialer.

Other than call recording, their dialer is quite unintuitive. Going to history takes more steps. Tapping on a contact in call history at different locations brings up different options. Many other such shenanigans that I have now forgot. I bought 11 lite NE in oct 2021 and gave it to cousin after one month in exchange of his 2 yr old realme 5 pro, all thanks to google. At that time I was not willing to spend so much money for a samsung phone. I would buy any of xiaomi's "flagship killer" kind phone without the google dialer bullshit in a heartbeat.
Now in poco they are giving miui dialer..
But most annoying thing about miui is they removed gusture support for 3rd party launcher.

beingmohit

TF Premier
I am in the opposite camp but have a friend who was using iPhone till iPhone 13 and switched to s22U and most of her complaints are about just in the way android is different from iOS. Kinda like mine, when I use iPhone or iPad, I always wonder who was the idiot who designed things like this, my friend has similar reaction when using android. She switched back to iPhone after some 6 months.
I have a family member who has been using the Flip 3 for 2 years now. She had a slight issue with the screen protector on her folding screen, but her Samsung Care+ covered the repair. I would suggest getting Samsung Care+ for 2 years if you buy a Flip/Fold. I think the current generation of screens should last for 3-4 years, maybe even more. If you opt for Samsung Care+, you can get your screen replaced at the end of the second year and your phone should be ready for another bout lasting a good 2-3 years.
Also, you might want to check out the Flip vs Razr floding comparison on Youtube. The Flip5 lasted for more folds than what Samsung promises, which is insane!