• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Samsung FLIP5 5g for effectively 76k

Pankhuri

TF Ace
If anyone is looking to buy Flip5, Samsung is running some pre-order discounts. There is 5k INR coupon discount applied upfront. If you use edge browser, it finds another coupon for 750 INR, FLIPFOLD750. There is 8K INR discount on using HDFC credit card. If you use the no cost emi option of 18 months, then it would be another discount of 10K INR. Final price would be 76231 INR. If you are looking to buy this device, I think this is a great deal. Also, kinda shows how useless the Samsung cobranded cards with axis are, HDFC is still giving better discounts on Samsung products.

1690947887067.png

Pankhuri

TF Ace
So, you can just cancel emi?
Yes. Call the bank, cancel the emi, if done in first 30 days, then no foreclosure charges too. IIRC in some cases the processing fees is reversed and in some don't. Plus, if you plan your purchase rightly, you can get an extension on time you need to pay. So if purchased something and it is converted into emi before the statement generation, then when you cancel the emi you will have this purchase as full in your next statement and have 20 more days after next statement generation.

Purchase date - 15/06

EMI processed - 18/06

Statement date - 20/06

EMI cancelled - 26/06

Next statement date - 20/07

Payment due date - 10/08

If it was a normal purchase, then no no-cost-emi discount and no extra 30 days to pay the amount back.

iNokia

TF Premier
Have tried in the last sale for a laptop and printer. Nothing got added back when I cancelled the emi. Was on ICICI and Axis.
Canceling EMI is the main trick to avoid getting those charges added back as interest later on.
So you are literally talking about the only exception where those charges won't get added.

beingmohit

TF Premier
Folks, you may want to check out the official Samsung website too. They are running a crazy exchange offer. They are offering 27k for my year-old S20 FE 5G, which I got for around 29k! If you have a newer phone, you may get incredible discounts

Pankhuri

TF Ace
Folks, you may want to check out the official Samsung website too. They are running a crazy exchange offer. They are offering 27k for my year-old S20 FE 5G, which I got for around 29k! If you have a newer phone, you may get incredible discounts
There is an offer running on amazon too, 12K extra off on selected devices. Is giving 20k back for oneplus 7T, bought for 32k in Jan 2020.

miles_guy

TF Select
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Yes. Call the bank, cancel the emi, if done in first 30 days, then no foreclosure charges too. IIRC in some cases the processing fees is reversed and in some don't. Plus, if you plan your purchase rightly, you can get an extension on time you need to pay. So if purchased something and it is converted into emi before the statement generation, then when you cancel the emi you will have this purchase as full in your next statement and have 20 more days after next statement generation.

Purchase date - 15/06

EMI processed - 18/06

Statement date - 20/06

EMI cancelled - 26/06

Next statement date - 20/07

Payment due date - 10/08

If it was a normal purchase, then no no-cost-emi discount and no extra 30 days to pay the amount back.
Got it now. Thanks 😀

beingmohit

TF Premier
There is an offer running on amazon too, 12K extra off on selected devices. Is giving 20k back for oneplus 7T, bought for 32k in Jan 2020.
Here in Korea, I guess even in the US, Samsung is offering amazing buyback prices for the older Flip/Folds. A friend bought a Flip5 for effectively 150$ after exchanging his Flip4.
I wish Samsung introduces similar offers in India too. The current set of offers is a good step in the right direction

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Samsung India doesn't give offers like US and Korean counterparts...

Went to see Watch6 Classic, In US and Korea, Samsung is giving option to buy straps and watch of different colors as per your requirement but in India its like "silver watch ke saath white strap hi milega" (no option to choose strap color (and size) with watch color

Also, Samsung US was giving $150 off on watch4 exchange, while Samsung India is giving 2k off for iPhone 7 :ROFLMAO:

They know Indians who has that kind of money to spend on a watch will buy it without thinking about exchanges offers (unlike US), which is extremely sad

T
If anyone is looking to buy Flip5, Samsung is running some pre-order discounts. There is 5k INR coupon discount applied upfront. If you use edge browser, it finds another coupon for 750 INR, FLIPFOLD750. There is 8K INR discount on using HDFC credit card. If you use the no cost emi option of 18 months, then it would be another discount of 10K INR. Final price would be 76231 INR. If you are looking to buy this device, I think this is a great deal. Also, kinda shows how useless the Samsung cobranded cards with axis are, HDFC is still giving better discounts on Samsung products.

1690947887067.png
These phones don’t last more than a year or two at most even if you baby them. Yeah the after support on them is great but are you real willing to leave your phone with them for a week or more? The flip5 especially feels like a gimmick because it gives you a plastic screen with none of the upsides such as the larger screen when unfolded.

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
Samsung India doesn't give offers like US and Korean counterparts...

Went to see Watch6 Classic, In US and Korea, Samsung is giving option to buy straps and watch of different colors as per your requirement but in India its like "silver watch ke saath white strap hi milega" (no option to choose strap color (and size) with watch color

Also, Samsung US was giving $150 off on watch4 exchange, while Samsung India is giving 2k off for iPhone 7 :ROFLMAO:

They know Indians who has that kind of money to spend on a watch will buy it without thinking about exchanges offers (unlike US), which is extremely sad
I was given the option to choose between Blue and Sand straps.

I got a 6K discount on my Credit Card and an additional 4K off as an upgrade offer. The best part is, you don't need to trade in a device; they only require the IMEI number. Guess what they chose? An iPhone 7!

If you explore various stores, you might uncover even better deals.

Venky

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
So, if you need good cameras, go for it. If you need great cameras, you need to look elsewhere
Using an iPhone 14 Pro right now and iPhone camera’s are great in general. Wallpaper quality photos straight from the Camera.

Any input about the device that you’d like to share? I am planning to switch from iP to Fold 5. Using iPhones since the past 13 years. Just too afraid to pull the trigger!

Also kinda noob question, the fold 5 can do normal 4:3, 16:9 photos too right? Just the screenshots will be oddly shaped?