• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Aurum - Does it deserve a place after the Magnus catastrophe and for those who cannot get hold of Infinia?

Ramakgmc

TF Buzz
Nobody is looking at SBI Aurum seriously. Should we consider it with the Magnus catastrophe, especially if you cannot get hold of Infinia?
1% cash reward rate - No major exceptions (including government, insurance, etc.)
1 Lakh per month - 1500 Tata Cliq cash voucher
Milestone benefits - 5K Tata Cliq (5L), 10K Taj (10L), and the new Apple 20K (20 L) cash vouchers.
Annual fee exemption - 10K (12L)
If fee paid - 40K points (10K back)
This easily translates into 4-4.5% returns without much effort!
Generally, no need to maintain an Excel sheet and monitor. Decent non-spend benefits (lounge/golf).
I would suggest it for people who do not want to make extra effort (? Boring people)!

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Nobody is looking at SBI Aurum seriously. Should we consider it with the Magnus catastrophe, especially if you cannot get hold of Infinia?
1% cash reward rate - No major exceptions (including government, insurance, etc.)
Milestone benefits - 5K Tata Cliq (5L), 10K Taj (10L), and the new Apple 20K (20 L) cash vouchers.
Generally, no need to maintain an Excel sheet and monitor. Decent non-spend benefits (lounge/golf).
I would suggest it for people who do not want to make extra effort (? Boring people)!
It's a decent card if you can spend 12L every year. Else, just take it for the joining bonus and cancel it before anniversary.

Lord Of Darkness

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
why not to take the SC ultimate card, it gives 2% vouchers for all the spend and 3.3% on many of the category
The problem with SC ultimate are the redemptions options are pathetic !
I am stuck with some 20k points without knowing, where to spend this - I use spend rather than splurge, coz most options available there seem like you have to splurge .

Sandy Singh

TF Select
VIP Lounge
The problem with Aurum is no renewal benefit, and I think you can get better rewards with other card, especially if you're not spending 12L in a year.

But 1 thing I can vouch for is the unlimited Dreamfolks international lounge access that you get from this card. I think Dreamfolks has the best lounges overall, better than Priority Pass and Lounge Key. I have tried lounges at Dubai and Kuala Lumpur airports and both of these airports have access to their best lounge using the Dreamfolks membership. I even got a 10 min free massage at the Kuala Lumpur airport lounge because of this XD.

So I would highly recommend this card for frequent international travelers who care about having good lounge access while traveling.

PS: This card also works on every domestic lounge that I have been to (including 080 in BLR).

Last edited:

Ramakgmc

TF Buzz
With SBI Aurum - If you spend 12 L, you get an annual fee waiver.
My question is if not Axis Bank cards and Infinia, which is the next best option?
My spending is around 20L per annum.
Aurum benefits - if 20L is around 4.5% returns; 10 months 1L + milestone - 20K TataCliq, 10K Taj, 20K Apple, and 10K annual fee waiver along with regular rewards, which has good options for redemptions. In addition, good non-spend benefits and mostly, a hassle-free card!!

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
My question is if not Axis Bank cards and Infinia, which is the next best option?
Aurum benefits - if 20L is around 4.5% returns; 10 months 1L + milestone - 20K TataCliq, 10K Taj, 20K Apple, and 10K annual fee waiver along with regular rewards, which has good options for redemptions. In addition, good non-spend benefits and mostly, a hassle-free card!!
For 20 lakh annual spends you should take Aurum/Infinia , DCB , and if possible get AU Zenith plus if not into airmiles

If you are into airmiles
Get
Atlas , DCB/Infinia

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
is there any review of AU Zenith plus? wud like to see the benefits in detail.

Sandy Singh

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Check for Apple voucher if it's only 1 year validity, then are you buying an apple product every year?

For 20L spends,
First 4L - Amex platinum travel
Next 16L - Axis Atlas

This is the best combo I can think of right now. But if you don't want to use 2 cards, Axis Atlas is still good for 20L spends.

But yeah, Aurum is not bad if we are talking about cards other then Infinia and Axis. But still would highly recommend first 4L with platinum travel, it gives more than 8% returns.

Last edited:

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Check for Apple voucher if it's only 1 year validity, then are you buying an apple product every year?

For 20L spends,
First 4L - Amex platinum travel
Next 16L - Axis Atlas

This is the best combo I can think of right now. But if you don't want to use 2 cards, Axis Atlas is still good for 20L spends.
But for someone who is not airmiles , Atlas won't give any value.