• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Sbi BPCL Octane Rupay

SunnyHarsha

TF Select
Hello all, I want to apply for Sbi BPCL Octane card Rupay variant. I searched everywhere and called customer care to confirm the availability of Rupay variant for Octane card. CC people dont have any idea about this. Normal BPCL card is available in Rupay variant. Anyone plz Confirm the availability of Octane card Rupay variant.

Hello all, I want to apply for Sbi BPCL Octane card Rupay variant. I searched everywhere and called customer care to confirm the availability of Rupay variant for Octane card. CC people dont have any idea about this. Normal BPCL card is available in Rupay variant. Anyone plz Confirm the availability of Octane card Rupay variant.
When applied last time they told it is only available from VISA network.

Hey what's the advantage of Rupay over Visa/MasterCard for this card (or any card)?
Read my comment signature - Everyone cannot go to the border for the security of the nation. We can serve the nation through RuPay card as well. If you develop a habit of using RuPay card. It will also become a medium to serve the nation. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

RuPay card is Indian payment card. RuPay will save us from the sanctions of western countries. With RuPay we also save foreign exchange reserves worth crores of dollars (maybe one day we will save billions of dollar foreign exchange reserve).

One thing always remember 99% offers are offered by banks and rewards points are also offer by banks. Visa/Mastercard has nothing to do with it, You will get same rewards and benefit on RuPay cards too.

Competition -

Competition favours consumers - Competition between companies translates into a greater quantity of products and services, a better quality of goods, and lower prices. In the end, this is what the consumer is looking for — the best quality at the best possible price.

Now a days you can see, RuPay CC is focusing more on Premium (Platinum) segment that's why Visa/mastercard push banks to launch more Super Premium and Ultra Premium cards on the Visa/mastercard network. However, this is just the beginning, in the next 10 years you will see a bigger picture.

But few thing you have already seen, Visa cards are now giving ads on TV. Visa CC have 70% market share in credit card segment in India. Why does Visa card need to advertise on Indian TV channels ? because Visa is losing market share in India.

Visa Signature cards are now also offering some promotional offers due to the RuPay Select card offer.

One of the most advantage of RuPay credit card is that RuPay CC link with UPI, you can pay through Credit on UPI to all your local merchants or small merchant (online/offline) without any extra charges under Rs2000 transaction.

If RuPay Credit Card on UPI gets success in next few years. You will see Visa/mastercard credit card will also allow to link with UPI.

There's so much to say, advantage of RuPay over Visa/MasterCard but some day i will write an article about why we should use RuPay card.

SBI recently update latest version MITC file for SBI BPCL Octane card and there RuPay variant is added.

However, i can't give you guarantee SBI BPCL Octane card RuPay variant is live or not but you can call SBI customer care and ask or wait 4 to 5 months and then try. If anyone got SBI BPCL Octane card RuPay variant then dnt forget to share.

@PrabhuP

Last edited:
Don't take anything SBI customer care says at face value. The agents taking your calls are contractors sometimes on 3 and 6 months contract whose product knowledge is limited to what is written on the website. I have encountered agents who don't even know there exists a IRCTC loyalty program that is separate from the SBI rewards structure! ("Sir you can redeem points for products and vouchers sir").

Is there any update as I want to apply for SBI BPCL Rupay Octane credit card, is it launched in rupay variant till now or not, as there website the Card intro PDF is clearly stating the card is available in both rupay and VISA variant

No official info except the pdf file.

Last year old pdf file, only mentioned about Visa but this year new updated pdf file added both RuPay and visa.

so does rupay give 6.25% cb via upi scan at petrol pump ?

Back