• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI card application stuck?

src223

TF Select
I applied for SBI cashback card. (I know the chances are slim to none.)

I already have an SBI IRCTC card.

When I check the application status, I get this:

Screenshot_20230403-212548.png

At the bottom I get a "Complete Application" button, which asks me to book an appointment. I have already booked appointment on Saturday and today (Monday), but no one is coming to do my KYC.

Screenshot_20230403-212616.png

I called customer care today and they said the application is with the backend team and they will reach out for additional information.

So I am not sure if I should continue to try to get an appointment or just let it be.

After waiting so many days, I got it checked from internal sources in Sbi Card and it turned out that They just rejected it due to Existing prime card even after I gave them consent for Limit split.
Thankfully it was not final declined and I arranged some mail from Their Region office to reopen the application.

Received the call yesterday that They want my consent to split the limit of existing prime card. Consent provided and now waiting for card generation.

Hopefully will be approved this time as My Prime card is already showing new limit after split.
As i said this before

I arranged some mail from Their Region office to reopen the application

Can u explain this in details ?

For over a month SBI Card's handling of applications has gone real bad. Despite submitting dox, it says submit dox - again n again. Physical KYC done by their own staff n digital signatures obtained - but the site/tracking asks you to opt for an appointment. None of the Local guys in HYD/BLR can give you a true picture. Tracking is a total farce.

All of a sudden, n out of the blue, one morning you get a call - a verification call - informing that your application is approved n card will be despatched. They need 11 more days.

Then after another 4-5 days, you get SMS giving the Bluedart AWB. CARD IS ON THE WAY.

MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE. 12/8 - Applied. Still waiting for that courier.

After waiting so many days, I got it checked from internal sources in Sbi Card and it turned out that They just rejected it due to Existing prime card even after I gave them consent for Limit split.
Thankfully it was not final declined and I arranged some mail from Their Region office to reopen the application.

Is there any way that you can tell us to check with internal source to know reason of sbi card rejection?

Having SBI BPCL from 2019 with no big issues.
What i like with SBICARD is that purchase/payment transactions are instant 👍 and AFAIK no other bank CC can come close to it regarding this.
Your point is correct. Payments and settlements are lightening Fast. Sbi Card App and Onlinesbi site are state of the art. Not even private Banks internet banking comes close to SBI's online portal.

Received the call yesterday that They want my consent to split the limit of existing prime card. Consent provided and now waiting for card generation.

Hopefully will be approved this time as My Prime card is already showing new limit after split.
update- Finally Card has been generated and it's showing in Sbi Card App.

Same issue stuck since 18th sept no one shows up even after scheduling every day
And branch people say they do not have option to apply cashback card from branch so silly…then what’s the point to keep a dedicated resource allocated to credit cards
If i check status it will still be like submission of your application is pending some of video claiming intsant card generation of sbi card i was like what

Attachments

• IMG_6500.png
    IMG_6500.png
    37.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Same issue stuck since 18th sept no one shows up even after scheduling every day
And branch people say they do not have option to apply cashback card from brach so silly…then what’s the point to keep a dedicated resource allocated to credit cards
If i check status it will still be like submission of your application is pendand some of video claiming intsant card generation of sbi card i was like what
There is no definite criteria to get SBI cards quickly. And Cashback card never came for offline application through agents.
Some lucky people get card instantly generated using online sprint application.

And branch people say they do not have option to apply cashback card from brach so silly…then what’s the point to keep a dedicated resource allocated to credit cards
If i check status it will still be like submission of your application is pendand some of video claiming intsant card generation of sbi card i was like what
Cashback card is not available through Branch mode. It's available either through Sprint or Agent mode if you fall in serviceable area list.
It's not silly, SBI & Sbi Cards are two separate entities.

Drop a message to Sbi Card om Twitter with application number. They will reach out to you for further processing. Just stay attentive for any Landline call between 9:00 to 18:00 hrs.

Cashback card is not available through Branch mode. It's available either through Sprint or Agent mode if you fall in serviceable area list.
It's not silly, SBI & Sbi Cards are two separate entities.

Drop a message to Sbi Card om Twitter with application number. They will reach out to you for further processing. Just stay attentive for any Landline call between 9:00 to 18:00 hrs.
Or you may receive a call from mobile number starting with 93558

Back