• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI card cool off period

My recent experiences has not been good. I was holding 3 cards out of which I had closed 2 cards. One in Nov-22 and other in Jan-23.
I had applied for Club Vistara on Feb-23 but rejected with "U9 STP existing customer not eligible". Tried again in Apr-23 but again declined with "U2-approval over leveraged"

My recent experiences has not been good. I was holding 3 cards out of which I had closed 2 cards. One in Nov-22 and other in Jan-23.
I had applied for Club Vistara on Feb-23 but rejected with "U9 STP existing customer not eligible". Tried again in Apr-23 but again declined with "U2-approval over leveraged"
I also applied SBI vistara prime in Aug23 and instantly got rejected. I went to mall and checked with the guy at the SBI card counter. He checked his mobile app and told the issue was over leveraged.

We tried to apply again thought the SBI desk and again it got instantly rejected due to same over-leveraged reason.

He then talked with some senior and told me that it is because of large number of active credit cards. Seems like SBI dont wanna give cards to customer having more cards in their portfolio. FYI, I have 16 active cards at time of applying.

W
I also applied SBI vistara prime in Aug23 and instantly got rejected. I went to mall and checked with the guy at the SBI card counter. He checked his mobile app and told the issue was over leveraged.

We tried to apply again thought the SBI desk and again it got instantly rejected due to same over-leveraged reason.

He then talked with some senior and told me that it is because of large number of active credit cards. Seems like SBI dont wanna give cards to customer having more cards in their portfolio. FYI, I have 16 active cards at time of applying.
Whoa that’s news to me 😬. I was thinking of closing both my cards as they have reduced the limit to just 10k which makes the card no usable and apply fresh after the cooling off period.

I think I've also faced the issue and now I can understand why I got rejected thrice for SBI card in past 6 months.

Although I have one LTF SBI card , I wanted another for offers.

At this time ( and since past 6 months ) I've almost 22 active cards. 5 icici + 4 axis + 3 HDFC + 2 kotak + 3 BOB + 1 each of yes Bank , pnb , indusind , SBI , idfc.

Most of the cards are LTF but I really need to get control of numbers here as " overleveraged " really seems to be a thing and large number of active cards ( even though the limit is shared ) , in a short span of time , creates a bad impression.

Would appreciate your insights on my situation:
- I have SimplyClick (LE done in May'23 to 3 lacs) for last 21 months or so (not used much since not much value).
- I took Cashback card (1.75 lac limit) last year end and have been using it well.
- I applied for SBI Air India Signature in June but wasn't given an option to proceed after initial check. So while browsing the cards shown, I somehow clicked on Lifestyle card and did not proceed for VKYC. Then, SBI called me and I told them I only want Air India SIg and they said ok. The guy who came for KYC also confirmed that I will get Air India Sig, I even signed on the form, selecting Air India Sig, but they issued Lifestyle (only 20k limit!) within 2 days!

I have complained a lot about above but nothing happened. Finally, PNO guy agreed to forward my upgrade request (as an exception) from SimplyCLick to AIr India SIg. I told him I only want Vistara Prime but he said the option is not available for me!!!!!! Why so? Does anyone know their internal upgrade working? FIrst, why was Air India (and most probably Vistara) otions not shown for fresh application. Then, why only Air India upgrade option available?

Any idea, how to proceed to get Vistara Prime? I was salaried until May but not now. I can give them a good ITR or a good C2C input.

Even applications of customers having no prior SBIcard are getting rejected for prime.
- I have SimplyClick (LE done in May'23 to 3 lacs) for last 21 months or so (not used much since not much value).
- I took Cashback card (1.75 lac limit) last year end and have been using it well.
- I applied for SBI Air India Signature in June but wasn't given an option to proceed after initial check. So while browsing the cards shown, I somehow clicked on Lifestyle card and did not proceed for VKYC. Then, SBI called me and I told them I only want Air India SIg and they said ok. The guy who came for KYC also confirmed that I will get Air India Sig, I even signed on the form, selecting Air India Sig, but they issued Lifestyle (only 20k limit!) within 2 days!

I have complained a lot about above but nothing happened. Finally, PNO guy agreed to forward my upgrade request (as an exception) from SimplyCLick to AIr India SIg. I told him I only want Vistara Prime but he said the option is not available for me!!!!!! Why so? Does anyone know their internal upgrade working? FIrst, why was Air India (and most probably Vistara) otions not shown for fresh application. Then, why only Air India upgrade option available?

Any idea, how to proceed to get Vistara Prime? I was salaried until May but not now. I can give them a good ITR or a good C2C input.

1 jugaad - Can apply from a family member. ensure Aadhar and current address are same - in that case, instant card will be issued based on cibil without any verification (but limit might be less).
Sadly this method doesn't seem to work for Vistara Prime for existing customers.
Rest others can guide better.

1 jugaad - Can apply from a family member. ensure Aadhar and current address are same - in that case, instant card will be issued based on cibil without any verification (but limit might be less).
Sadly this method doesn't seem to work for Vistara Prime for existing customers.
Already did it and I am hopeful it will go through :). However, I want my own Prime as well since I plan to use it upto 4.5 lacs only for rent.

Reactions: R@J
Actuallly, they do verification at least for self-employed. I am not sure of salaried.

Reactions: R@J
What was your experience? SBI is messed up and its too difficult understanding their algo!
they are always messed up! one guy who was co-ordinating for my wife's verification from Gurgaon office remotely, mentioned wait for 6-7 months. On this site, some have said 3 months but that didn't work for me!

Same happened with me. Today I applied for SBI vistara prime on sprint website but declined. When I checked reason with SBI agent, he said due to approval over leveraged. :(

Back