• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Card Debited Reward Points Without Any Proper Clarification

TechnoFinoTechnoFino is verified member.

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Hello everyone,
Recently, SBI Card debited reward points or posted equivalent charges to many of their cardholders.
Reason: According to SBI Card's T&C, cardholders will not earn reward points during sales (Amazon/Flipkart sales), because cardholders already get instant discounts... Okay, but when many people asked them to give a proper explanation with transaction-wise calculations, they just sent a generic email reply.
So, I'm thinking of making a banking kissa video.
I'm requesting everyone to post screenshots of reward debits, equivalent charges, emails, email replies, etc. here.
Thank you all :)

do not have any documents proof for debiting my reward point but my 7900 got debited due to this.

Closing balance is 3855 but it should be 11175 points

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-01-09-19-14-32-12_87b2c207f6954c2a0fe6b457a6e14ebb.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-01-09-19-14-32-12_87b2c207f6954c2a0fe6b457a6e14ebb.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 75
  • Screenshot_2023-01-09-19-15-58-17_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-01-09-19-15-58-17_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 72
This step may backfire maybe they will devalue the card sooner
Which card? This has affected all SBI cards. I have purchased on an SBI irctc card and they had debited from it too, since it was miniscule (90₹) and I didn't bother following it up.

@TechnoFino please do add these if possible:
* No other bank does this reward point reversal as money debit.
* No other bank cares about reward points being credited during sale time.
* Since there's no proper transaction wise deductions, SBI is taking this as a blank cheque for charging their users for as long as they want.
* SBI needs to update their backend to stop crediting rewards/ cashback for ineligble transactions, they have instead technically inefficient people working in their tech department, who are doing these and such backend team should be fired immediately.

Last edited:
1673273357067.png

This is for cashback card. As per T&C, cashback card was not supposed to work for 10% discount offer. It worked due to SBI being inefficient to block these transactions & now they are reverting 5% cashback.

This isn't as per T&C, @TechnoFino Why not lodge RBI complaint against this? A combined one or may be float a draft & community can use the same to lodge multiple complaints with same issue.

I have already logged one, but given I had not raised it to SBI RBI has forwarded my complaint to SBI.

I have checked my Simplyclick and cashback card and they have debited exact cashback amount which has been credited to me during 10% instant discount sale.

I had made two purchases worth 2700 each via SBI OLAMONEY during sales period on which I had received Rs.54 in Ola Money Wallet as per Reward Structure.

I was debited exact Rs.54 for both txns

So Correct Amount was Debited in my Case.

For EMI txns made during sales period all Rewards were reversed at the time of EMI conversation itself. Therfore no Extra Amount deducted for EMI txns this time.

So Debited Amount is Accurate in my case and shall be accurate in your Case too.

For Cashback Card, Condition which was added later is Cashback Card is not eligible for Instant discount.

But it was communicated to each card holder that reward points/Cashback was not applicable for txns on which Instant discount was availed. In the communication sent , no Specific Card Name I.e, SimplClick, SimplySave, BPCL etc was mentioned , so this Condition is applicable to all Cards

For Cashback Cards Instant discount worked that is why SBI reversed 5% of the txn Amount on which discount was availed which is valid as per the Communication sent.

If Instant discount did not worked on Cashback Card then 5% cashback was not debited too and you will ultimately use any other SBI Card to avail instant discount and on that other SBI Card too only Instant discount was applicable, No Extra Reward Points or Extra Cashback.

Hence As per TnCs Action taken by SBI is Valid.

Reward Points or Equivalent Amount was debited later so It became a big issue beacuse now we have to pay the Amount that was debited to statement Directly and We are treating the debited Amount as Interest/Penalty whereas debited amount was already received by us as vouchers or direct Cashback or by some other way.

If you find any difference between
Debited Amount and Reward Points/Cashback Credited at the time when txn was made then Go head and Raise the matter.

SBI Cards forfeited 1294 RP from my Simply Click card but they should have sent a proper explanation as to how they got to this number. I did not receive any email from them. Just keeping the customer in the dark and doing whatever they want.
1673337265007.png

Anything wrong I wrote by this:
* SBI needs to update their backend to stop crediting rewards/ cashback for ineligble transactions, they have instead technically inefficient people working in their tech department, who are doing these and such backend team should be fired immediately.

Understand that you wanted to mean that SBI backend team is efficient enough then? Why can't they restrict giving out rewards in the first place.
Kuch bhi nahi bhai.. very much justified.

Last edited:

Understand that you wanted to mean that SBI backend team is efficient enough then?
Idk how can they be so inefficient from one thing that they should be fired immediately....

Why can't they restrict giving out rewards in the first place.
Their finance team might have realised later that they are in huge losses.

Kuch bhi nahi bhai.. very much justified.
I am not saying they are right and just saying that they are not this much wrong that they should be *fired immediately*

Moreover I had sounded that in jocular mood!!

Last edited:
Back