• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Card Debited Reward Points Without Any Proper Clarification

TechnoFinoTechnoFino is verified member.

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Hello everyone,
Recently, SBI Card debited reward points or posted equivalent charges to many of their cardholders.
Reason: According to SBI Card's T&C, cardholders will not earn reward points during sales (Amazon/Flipkart sales), because cardholders already get instant discounts... Okay, but when many people asked them to give a proper explanation with transaction-wise calculations, they just sent a generic email reply.
So, I'm thinking of making a banking kissa video.
I'm requesting everyone to post screenshots of reward debits, equivalent charges, emails, email replies, etc. here.
Thank you all :)

In my case, not only I was debited my 5% cashback (Screenshot 1). But also, in the latest unbilled transaction, I've received 0 cashback (Rs. 58 cashback credited and then debited, Screenshot 2) whereas I was supposed to received Rs. 734 cashback.

Attachments

• Screenshot 1.png
    Screenshot 1.png
    136.7 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot 2.png
    Screenshot 2.png
    57.7 KB · Views: 15
What about the Republic day sale on Amazon, will the transaction include the points or same they will debit the points ?
As I have done 2 transactions during the sale time on Amazon via SBI cards and points have been credited.

Dear All,

For my SBI Cashback Credit Card:

Ever since the card issuance, only Rs.500/- was ever posted on my card out of the Rs. 3773/- cashback earned during the same period. And on 31/12/2022, Rs. 1429/- was debited from card account with narration as “STATEMENT DB - RP FORFEIT FOR CBK OFFER”.

This is the most absurd thing ever as there is no Reward Points applicable for this credit card and even the earned cashback was never credited. Pls suggest if any explanation for this.

Attachments

• A41182FD-6EF7-47D8-B4A1-70A8DA6C67D0.jpeg
    A41182FD-6EF7-47D8-B4A1-70A8DA6C67D0.jpeg
    62 KB · Views: 15
Dear All,

Ever since the card issuance, only Rs.500/- was ever posted on my card out of the Rs. 3773/- cashback earned during the same period. And on 31/12/2022, Rs. 1429/- was debited from card account with narration as “STATEMENT DB - RP FORFEIT FOR CBK OFFER”.

This is the most absurd thing ever as there is no Reward Points applicable for this credit card and even the earned cashback was never credited. Pls suggest if any explanation for this.
You were given a cashback of ₹500 since the time you obtained the card, but they deducted ₹1429?

1. File a complaint and obtain a service request number (important).
  2. Follow up on the complaint mentioning the same service request number.
  3. If the issue remains unresolved, inform SBI that you will escalate the matter to an ombudsman regarding the said service request.
  4. If the complaint is still not resolved by the fourth week, take the matter to the ombudsman.

3. If the issue remains unresolved, inform SBI that you will escalate the matter to an ombudsman regarding the said service request.
  4. If the complaint is still not resolved by the fourth week, take the matter to the ombudsman.
I’m doing that. Escalating the complaint service request till their last level.

Reactions: CMG
Hello everyone,
Recently, SBI Card debited reward points or posted equivalent charges to many of their cardholders.
Reason: According to SBI Card's T&C, cardholders will not earn reward points during sales (Amazon/Flipkart sales), because cardholders already get instant discounts... Okay, but when many people asked them to give a proper explanation with transaction-wise calculations, they just sent a generic email reply.
So, I'm thinking of making a banking kissa video.
I'm requesting everyone to post screenshots of reward debits, equivalent charges, emails, email replies, etc. here.
Thank you all :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230118-101424.jpg
    Screenshot_20230118-101424.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 23
Update: So the complaint placed on Jan 5, 2023 is at the Customer Service Head desk now.
Dear All,

Update: So the complaint placed on Jan 5, 2023 is at the Customer Service Head desk now. All the reverts received so far has been only copy pasted terms and condition or this link https://www.sbicard.com/en/customer-notices.page

They are not even acknowledging the fact the SBI Cashback Card do not have any reward points accrual. And the charge deduction is on that head and explanation is also so.

Weird. Gotta see their faces when complaint reaches RBI Ombudsman.

Back