• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Card Debited Reward Points Without Any Proper Clarification

TechnoFinoTechnoFino is verified member.

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Hello everyone,
Recently, SBI Card debited reward points or posted equivalent charges to many of their cardholders.
Reason: According to SBI Card's T&C, cardholders will not earn reward points during sales (Amazon/Flipkart sales), because cardholders already get instant discounts... Okay, but when many people asked them to give a proper explanation with transaction-wise calculations, they just sent a generic email reply.
So, I'm thinking of making a banking kissa video.
I'm requesting everyone to post screenshots of reward debits, equivalent charges, emails, email replies, etc. here.
Thank you all :)

Debited 3993 without notification.
What to do now, this is really worst bank I have ever seen. SBI Cashback Card is now useless, can some one provide the SBI notification documents related to instant cashback not applicable post October 7 2022, so that I can file compliant to RBI.

If anyone already filed a compliant, please brief us how to do that
File complaint with RBI as I have done that

View attachment 8876

This is for cashback card. As per T&C, cashback card was not supposed to work for 10% discount offer. It worked due to SBI being inefficient to block these transactions & now they are reverting 5% cashback.

This isn't as per T&C, @TechnoFino Why not lodge RBI complaint against this? A combined one or may be float a draft & community can use the same to lodge multiple complaints with same issue.

I have already logged one, but given I had not raised it to SBI RBI has forwarded my complaint to SBI.
I did multiple times and failed miserably. RBI didn't help.

Hello everyone,
Recently, SBI Card debited reward points or posted equivalent charges to many of their cardholders.
Reason: According to SBI Card's T&C, cardholders will not earn reward points during sales (Amazon/Flipkart sales), because cardholders already get instant discounts... Okay, but when many people asked them to give a proper explanation with transaction-wise calculations, they just sent a generic email reply.
So, I'm thinking of making a banking kissa video.
I'm requesting everyone to post screenshots of reward debits, equivalent charges, emails, email replies, etc. here.
Thank you all :)
Will this apply on only those cases where offer is SBI card specific or also apply on general regular offers. Like I ordered Nothing Phone 2 where there was 6000 instant discount on prepaid orders using any debit or credit card and I paid using cashback card. Can they still forfeit the cashback in this case?

Will this apply on only those cases where offer is SBI card specific or also apply on general regular offers. Like I ordered Nothing Phone 2 where there was 6000 instant discount on prepaid orders using any debit or credit card and I paid using cashback card. Can they still forfeit the cashback in this case?
I don't think so. That was flipkart's offer and not any bank's offer. The instant discount would've been applied using any debit/credit card. So SBI won't forfeit the cashback.

I also hope that. But SBI being SBI, can do anything.
Don't worry, they won't revoke the cashback. I am 100% sure. The instant discount in this case was from flipkart. They do these gimmicks instead of simply reducing the price.
The bank specific discounts you see during big sales, in that case the banks can revoke reward points because they don't want to give both instant discount as well as reward points.

The case was closed as SBI confirmed the cashback will be added back but they never did that

I have SBI simplyclick. I think I will surrender the card. After adjusting for the reward points reversal and other charges, their discounts don't make any sense. Their milestone vouchers are useless as other websites have lower rates. I think it will get a Tata card.

I have faced the same issue. I bought a 500₹ Amazon GV using 2500RP in October-November, but they deducted 600 Rs and 950+ RPs yesterday.
Is there any way to fight back since I am ready to pay back the 500₹, but why would I pay 100₹ extra? They should not have given the rewards points in the first place if they were not supposed to give both instant and card RPs.

They give some stupid reasons. During the retention offer call, I told them you are simply adding statement debit transactions. The lady on call said they are recovering extra discount given for a purchase in May. I told them how can you debit it for a May transaction in December. She said she doesn't have any answer for that as she is only telling the information seen on her side but she can take a feedback regarding this.

Back