• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI cash back card : Laughable limits provided

Sak911

TF Buzz
Hi,
I applied for cash back card through sprint a week ago.

The reason I went thorough sprint was that offline process was not working for cash back card.

When I received call from SBI customer care , they told me Iwaa pre approved for the card and my limit will be between 1.8 to 2.3 lakhs.

Now that the verification is complete, I was able to access details through WhatsApp service

And I see that the limit provided is just 20k which is ridiculous!

I don’t know whom to complain.
Can I cancel the card without activating ?

Or any other method to increase limit ?

Hi,
I applied for cash back card through sprint a week ago.

The reason I went thorough sprint was that offline process was not working for cash back card.

When I received call from SBI customer care , they told me Iwaa pre approved for the card and my limit will be between 1.8 to 2.3 lakhs.

Now that the verification is complete, I was able to access details through WhatsApp service

And I see that the limit provided is just 20k which is ridiculous!

I don’t know whom to complain.
Can I cancel the card without activating ?

Or any other method to increase limit ?
My application was rejected saying internal policy which is laughable because I hold 2 SBI cards already which are simplyclick and BPCL Octane. SBI is simply ridiculus.

Assuming that sbi cashback card is first SBI card you hold then no way to increase immediately. Have to wait 6 month. I am also stuck at 20k. Reached pno but declined.
If this is not your first SBI card then it would have been possible.

Assuming that sbi cashback card is first SBI card you hold then no way to increase immediately. Have to wait 6 month. I am also stuck at 20k. Reached pno but declined.
If this is not your first SBI card then it would have been possible.
Yes this is my first SBI card.
I am kicking myself for applying through sprint.
My bank , where I hold saving account had promised me 5 lakh initial limit on any card that I choose.

Just because of Lalach for cash back card , I went online and now the harassment started.

Since morning the CPP people have called me Atleast 5 times.

My bank , where I hold saving account had promised me 5 lakh initial limit on any card that I choose.

Just because of Lalach for cash back card , I went online and now the harassment started.

They're not allowing applications for Cashback in any other manner unfortunately. I went to my branch today to place an application through them. They said they are not currently accepting applications for cashback card through them.

Looks like they have a huge backlog of new applications hence now they have started declining application for existing card holders. Since more and more limitations of cashback card are emerging every day (e.g. It can't be used to get instant 10% off offers ), I am starting to loose interest in this card. Earlier, I was under the impression that I would get 10% instant and 5% cashback on this card, and since this is no longer the case, I might end up surrendering this card before the annual fee is due.

Looks like they have a huge backlog of new applications hence now they have started declining application for existing card holders. Since more and more limitations of cashback card are emerging every day (e.g. It can't be used to get instant 10% off offers ), I am starting to loose interest in this card. Earlier, I was under the impression that I would get 10% instant and 5% cashback on this card, and since this is no longer the case, I might end up surrendering this card before the annual fee is due.
Yes, this is everyone's perception right now regarding this card. This September they have lakhs of requests for approval and next September they are going to be bombarded with closure requests.

suddenly today they rejected my applicaiton without mentioning exact reason...

applied on 3rd.. completed kyc and all.. they even pull 2 cibil enquiry

already hold simplyclick..

new customers getting card and existing one's getting rejected..

what should i do now, any suggestion ?

suddenly today they rejected my applicaiton without mentioning exact reason...

applied on 3rd.. completed kyc and all.. they even pull 2 cibil enquiry

already hold simplyclick..

new customers getting card and existing one's getting rejected..

what should i do now, any suggestion ?
Apply once the rush has settled probably.

Last year, both are 1 year old cards and with 3L limit cards. Still SBI rejected Cashback card with no proper reason. 2 CIBIL enquiries done.
Same with me…
Already have simplyclick 1 yeae old…
Now they rejected cashabck card after 20 days…
Completed kyc and all verifications.. 2 hard enquiry..
No proper reason for rejection…
Many people who already hold sbi cards are getting rejected…

I was able to get 10% instant discount on Amazon for SBI cashback :unsure: :unsure:

@Bigde why want to cancel when you are getting 5% for all online spends ? for example today i wanted to use card in Levis website i was missing this card..few days before i wanted to buy a book online and there were no offers and i was missing card..i do understand it can't replace all the card and on e t o go card but it can add value since you have ace and eterna

Bro do you really think that SBI would have fulfilled their promises 😂😂
Your application could have even been rejected 🙂.

@Bigde why want to cancel when you are getting 5% for all online spends ? for example today i wanted to use card in Levis website i was missing this card..few days before i wanted to buy a book online and there were no offers and i was missing card..i do understand it can't replace all the card and on e t o go card but it can add value since you have ace and eterna
As @helloworld rightly mentioned we care mostly about Amazon and Flipkart, even on the rest of the websites some or the other offers from different banks run time to time. I have credit cards from most of the banks, and 90% of the times I manage to get at least 10% on the popular websites/app (Zomato, Swiggy, Big Basket, 1mg, Blinkit, MMT, Cleatrip, yatra etc). Hence cashback card doesn't add much value by just offering 5% cashback.

Being an LTF hunter, I rarely choose paid cards, (ACE is an exception here, but I already got my first year fee reversed and earned good cashback on utility bills using it)

I applied for a cashback card one week back but after reading all the comments in this thread, I feel that rejection is a strong probability. Their system is F'd up and couldn't even do KYC properly. They had to send people twice for kyc verification, once with biometrics and then they informed that data in aadhaar and digilocker are mismatched. Now there is no update after that. Sayo Nara.

As @helloworld rightly mentioned we care mostly about Amazon and Flipkart, even on the rest of the websites some or the other offers from different banks run time to time. I have credit cards from most of the banks, and 90% of the times I manage to get at least 10% on the popular websites/app (Zomato, Swiggy, Big Basket, 1mg, Blinkit, MMT, Cleatrip, yatra etc). Hence cashback card doesn't add much value by just offering 5% cashback.

Being an LTF hunter, I rarely choose paid cards, (ACE is an exception here, but I already got my first year fee reversed and earned good cashback on utility bills using it)
My only dilemma with Ace card is the limit they provided, which is 45k. I also hold 2 more Axis cards and those have a limit of lakhs.
Edit - This is despite having a salary account with them, not sure if it makes any difference.

Back