• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Sbi cashback Joining Fee reversal

Sisyphus

TF Select
Contributor
VIP Lounge
On SBI CB CC, I have crossed the 2L milestone in the last billing cycle. But I don't see the annual fees being reversed yet, this is my first year with this card.

Will the reversal trigger automatically once crossing the 2L milestone, if so how long will it take? Or do we have to reach out to customer care for this?

akhil73

TF Buzz
On SBI CB CC, I have crossed the 2L milestone in the last billing cycle. But I don't see the annual fees being reversed yet, this is my first year with this card.

Will the reversal trigger automatically once crossing the 2L milestone, if so how long will it take? Or do we have to reach out to customer care for this?
Joining fee is not reversed.. renewal fee is

Seth

TF Premier
Here is what I did.

Wanted Rupay card but got Master card of simplyclick.
Sent email for converstion to Rupay, got denied.
Sent email for existing mastercard LTF, they denied.

Raised closure request, then made a dummy transaction to prevent them from closing.
Got call from retention team, asked for reason. Simply said I needed CC for UPI payments, and they denied me rupay card. He said they give it only to customers who have offer for Rupay, which I dont. He asked me wait a little longer... and he offered to reverse my joining fees which I paid 2-3 months ago.

I accepted for time being
Joining fee revered?
Some are saying it's not possible.

I have rupay BPCL offer but don't want to pay 500+ gst as not much useful for me😂
If joining fee reversal trick works than I should try.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Anyone with fees already waived due to 2L spends tried this?

My fees is reversed and card is also converted to LTF already. I still see this offer, but not having courage of clicking on last page, just in case they close the card😅.

Strange

TF Legend
Anyone with fees already waived due to 2L spends tried this?

My fees is reversed and card is also converted to LTF already. I still see this offer, but not having courage of clicking on last page, just in case they close the card😅.
If you get annual fee reversed again then they will debit it in the future.

Ok so I have a SBI Elite Card, I tried the app method but it did not work for me even though my due was 0.
Anyway I called up the customer care and then told the guy i wanted to close my card due to the annual fee, he told me redeem the points i had on the card within 30 days of card closure.
I told him to transfer me to the retention team, the lady was already aware that i wanted to close the card due to the fees, she went on to offer me equivalent value gift card from 5 brands, at this point i was pretty much fine with reversal or gift card so i went ahead and took the Shoppers Stop 5K GC.
I hope this helps someone.