• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI credit card limit enhancement steps

b4ukiran2000

TF Buzz
I followed the steps of SBI credit card to increase the limit.

Login to SBI card and choose Benefits->credit card limit upgrade.

Enter the current month salary and it will automatically shows the new limit, then upload payslip( 2 months) or ITR, this will give the reference number.
Within the 5 working days if documents are proper then new Limit(enhanced) will be upgraded without any issues.

My email confirmation for SBI simply click ,

"Dear SBI Cardholder,

We are pleased to inform you that based on your request vide Service Request Number 1156392518821 the credit limit on your SBI Card Number XXXX has been increased from Rs. 160000 to Rs. 480000.

Yours Sincerely,

SBI Card

Any cool off period post new card approval? I see this option but its disabled for me currently. Took a Cashback card newly.. but without any income checks its given me a 60k limit where all my other cards have 1.5-2.5L limit :)
For me 20k and I have other cards with axis and other banks with 3-5.1lakhs 🥹

i have two upgrades in LE from 30K to 60k to 115k, both are usage based within a year or so, at 30k i had purchased a phone of 23k and at 60k i had maxed out limit with rent payment on sbi simply click card, at first i received instant offer later i received offer after whole payment of dues.
When was your first LE after the issuance of card? Have you uploaded any income document or it was soley based on your usage patterns? Thanks in advance!

Enter the current month salary and it will automatically shows the new limit, then upload payslip( 2 months) or ITR, this will give the reference number.
Within the 5 working days if documents are proper then new Limit(enhanced) will be upgraded without any issues.

"Dear SBI Cardholder,

We are pleased to inform you that based on your request vide Service Request Number 1156392518821 the credit limit on your SBI Card Number XXXX has been increased from Rs. 160000 to Rs. 480000.

Yours Sincerely,

SBI Card
I don't see this benefits tab in SBI card website nor in the app. Can you show via screenshot where it is if possible?

It's under EMI& More tab in SBI card website , it appears they removed CLI option from app, I no longer see it in app.
Thanks, I don't understand why they aren't giving me limit increase. The limit is almost 75% of my income. (Card is 2 months old). I'm unable to use it properly due to low limit 😓
When entered monthly salary they said this
1687098669551.png

What's the usual ratio of salary vs limit in SBI ? I know for HDFC it's usually 1:2 / 1:3

It's same with me, I have Elite with 1lakh limit ( less than my monthly takehome) and I tried multiple times for LE thru service requests, customer support and escalated nodal officer , nothing worked out.. planning to close it soon.

Thanks, I don't understand why they aren't giving me limit increase. The limit is almost 75% of my income. (Card is 2 months old). I'm unable to use it properly due to low limit 😓
View attachment 20194

What's the usual ratio of salary vs limit in SBI ? I know for HDFC it's usually 1:2 / 1:3
You have to wait for 6 months from the issuance of the card (As per SBI) after that you can reapply through the same process.

You have to wait for 6 months from the issuance of the card (As per SBI) after that you can reapply through the same process.
Ohh I will try that post 6 months then. My utilisation is above 30% on average. Sometimes 10% , or sometimes 80%. This will vary over period of 6 months, goes high when I book flight/hotel.

Hope I get limit extension post 6 months !! I plan to try that lifetime free trick shared at this forum at the 11th month mark then 😀😀

Ohh I will try that post 6 months then. My utilisation is above 30% on average. Sometimes 10% , or sometimes 80%. This will vary over period of 6 months, goes high when I book flight/hotel.

Hope I get limit extension post 6 months !! I plan to try that lifetime free trick shared at this forum at the 11th month mark then 😀😀
Keep your credit card utilisation below 5% for auto limit increase.
its my personal experience may be its vary customer to customer.

Keep your credit card utilisation below 5% for auto limit increase.
its my personal experience may be its vary customer to customer.
Well that's basically not using the card then 😅😅. I'm happy if they take my income docs and match it for limit or better to give 2x/3x of it.

Shouldn't high utilisation mean that limit is low currently? I don't understand why they would give LE for low utilisation

Well that's basically not using the card then 😅😅. I'm happy if they take my income docs and match it for limit or better to give 2x/3x of it.

Shouldn't high utilisation mean that limit is low currently? I don't understand why they would give LE for low utilisation
Ya makes no sense, giving away LE to low credit utilisation. I use full limit of my cashback card (but pays upfront or before billing to keep it below 30per) as the limit is only of 20k besides having other cards with way higher limits.
Sbi have that billing cycle limiter which is really useless thing from sbi, one can't pay and use the cleared up limit like in other banks cc. Hope the give me LE soon enough 🤞

View attachment 20194

I think it's the same for SBI as well.

Another thing I noticed, when I enter 80K as salary it shows LE from 20k to 120k but if I enter 90k as salary it says I already have max eligible limit.

"Dear SBI Cardholder,

Yours Sincerely,

SBI Card
Hai bro i couldn't find any option Benefits after logged in?

Back