• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI denying fee waiver after retention offer [Help Needed]

shivamk

TF Premier
Hi TFians

I had placed closure request on 8th April against my Pulse card before statement generation. Retention team called me on 15th April and offered annual fee waiver and asked to call back after statement generation on 19th April.

After statement generation I called on customer card many times and every agent declined it. Finally asked them to connect with retention team. Retention team created a request on 23rd April and asked to wait for 3 days.

Got a message today that waiver can't be provided. Called customer care and they simply blocked the card. Even called on Nodal helpline but they are not ready to help.

Any senior SBI officials here who can help me in this regard please? I don't use this card and was ready to close it had the retention team not promised a fee waiver. I don't want to pay for this since I won't be able to recover the fees ever. I am afraid if I don't pay by due date on 10th May, they will report it to CIBIL and screw my score.

Any help would be appreciated.