• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI denying fee waiver after retention offer [Help Needed]

shivamk

TF Premier
Hi TFians

I had placed closure request on 8th April against my Pulse card before statement generation. Retention team called me on 15th April and offered annual fee waiver and asked to call back after statement generation on 19th April.

After statement generation I called on customer card many times and every agent declined it. Finally asked them to connect with retention team. Retention team created a request on 23rd April and asked to wait for 3 days.

Got a message today that waiver can't be provided. Called customer care and they simply blocked the card. Even called on Nodal helpline but they are not ready to help.

Any senior SBI officials here who can help me in this regard please? I don't use this card and was ready to close it had the retention team not promised a fee waiver. I don't want to pay for this since I won't be able to recover the fees ever. I am afraid if I don't pay by due date on 10th May, they will report it to CIBIL and screw my score.

Any help would be appreciated.

Shoxie

TF Premier
@Rkr ,seems like a recent trend with SBI cards. They might've finally woken up to stop providing fee waiver to each and everyone.

Even I had to go through something similar just yesterday. However, they didn't even offer me fee waiver and closed the card.

• Sad
Reactions: Rkr

shivamk

TF Premier
@Rkr ,seems like a recent trend with SBI cards. They might've finally woken up to stop providing fee waiver to each and everyone.

Even I had to go through something similar just yesterday. However, they didn't even offer me fee waiver and closed the card.
I would have been happy to close it rather than having to pay 1768 for no use now

Shoxie

TF Premier
I would have been happy to close it rather than having to pay 1768 for no use now
Yes, can understand your concern. Not sure what can be done here. Let others pitch in. The only thing that I can suggest right now, is that you can try mentioning all these facts, and ask for a closure along with fee waiver. Write it to nodal officer and see if it helps.

shivamk

TF Premier
First try to resolve it over mails. Even if they still deny, file a complaint with RBI BO. They cannot turn back on their own words.If you have call recordings for proof, then you have a win-win situation
I wish I had recorded the calls but I forgot as I was travelling. Regretting this now

Can RBI BO ask them to pull out the call recording? I only have the call log with me but I am afraid RBI BO will help me since I have no proof for waiver.

Animal

TF Premier
Hi TFians

I had placed closure request on 8th April against my Pulse card before statement generation. Retention team called me on 15th April and offered annual fee waiver and asked to call back after statement generation on 19th April.

After statement generation I called on customer card many times and every agent declined it. Finally asked them to connect with retention team. Retention team created a request on 23rd April and asked to wait for 3 days.

Got a message today that waiver can't be provided. Called customer care and they simply blocked the card. Even called on Nodal helpline but they are not ready to help.

Any senior SBI officials here who can help me in this regard please? I don't use this card and was ready to close it had the retention team not promised a fee waiver. I don't want to pay for this since I won't be able to recover the fees ever. I am afraid if I don't pay by due date on 10th May, they will report it to CIBIL and screw my score.

Any help would be appreciated.
Don’t rely on verbal communication over call. If on call they say that they will reverse the fee then write an email mentioning your conversation and get their acknowledgment. I did the same for SC credit card.

Not sure if you can get any help now.

shivamk

TF Premier
Don’t rely on verbal communication over call. If on call they say that they will reverse the fee then write an email mentioning your conversation and get their acknowledgment. I did the same for SC credit card.

Not sure if you can get any help now.
She said she will mention it in the ticket and the message will be visible to customer care on the SR ticket. I asked to give me a proof but she said not to worry and she will make sure to mention it in the ticket and customer care will resolve it.

I believed her and that's a huge mistake.

Animal

TF Premier
She said she will mention it in the ticket and the message will be visible to customer care on the SR ticket. I asked to give me a proof but she said not to worry and she will make sure to mention it in the ticket and customer care will resolve it.

I believed her and that's a huge mistake.
I never trust verbal communication.

shivamk

TF Premier
Did you make any transactions on the card (other than the membership fees?). What is Total Amount Due showing in the statement?
Nope no other transactions. I rarely use the card and I made only 2-4 transactions in complete 1 year. Statement is showing 1768 as outstanding.

I haven't even availed any other benefits like lounge access etc on the card, so negligible use.