• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI denying fee waiver after retention offer [Help Needed]

shivamk

TF Premier
Hi TFians

I had placed closure request on 8th April against my Pulse card before statement generation. Retention team called me on 15th April and offered annual fee waiver and asked to call back after statement generation on 19th April.

After statement generation I called on customer card many times and every agent declined it. Finally asked them to connect with retention team. Retention team created a request on 23rd April and asked to wait for 3 days.

Got a message today that waiver can't be provided. Called customer care and they simply blocked the card. Even called on Nodal helpline but they are not ready to help.

Any senior SBI officials here who can help me in this regard please? I don't use this card and was ready to close it had the retention team not promised a fee waiver. I don't want to pay for this since I won't be able to recover the fees ever. I am afraid if I don't pay by due date on 10th May, they will report it to CIBIL and screw my score.

Any help would be appreciated.

shivamk

TF Premier
I checked my logs and I had a partial call recording (I started the recording I middle of the call) where the agent had said that offer is not active on card currently since statement was recently generated. He had asked me to call back in 7 days and that the offer will be active by then.

Hope that might help me somehow.

Sir I haven't paid the pending due for two reasons:

1. In case I am unable to get a fee waiver, I would continue the card and try to cover up the fee as much as possible somehow. Not sure how as of now but maybe I get some chance to cover it in next 10 months and then will close the card.

2. There's around 15 days till due date. I am afraid if I pay now, the customer associate dealing with my case might take the case on a lighter note since they already got the money. Maybe I am unnecessarily speculating but my mind is currently buzzed thinking about a huge Miss from my side to not take a written proof beforehand.

Please guide me in case my thought process is wrong and I should pay fee first and ask for refund instead.
Now that your statement is generated, you have to pay the dues, even if they agree to reverse the annual fee. If they don't agree to reverse the fee, there is no point of closing the card now. Use it for 10 to 11 months and then close it. Also, don't think they will take your case lightly because you have paid your annual fee.

shivamk

TF Premier
Now that your statement is generated, you have to pay the dues, even if they agree to reverse the annual fee. If they don't agree to reverse the fee, there is no point of closing the card now. Use it for 10 to 11 months and then close it. Also, don't think they will take your case lightly because you have paid your annual fee.
Okay okay, I will pay the fee and continue the case. Thanks!

Shoxie

TF Premier
Okay okay, I will pay the fee and continue the case. Thanks!
While I agree with Whatever Rp07 said, there's no need to pay the due right away sine you have 15 more days. It makes sense to not pay that and hold for a while, as long as you won't forget to pay it.

There's not much upside by not paying. But there's no downside to not paying not at all. So I'd advise you not to pay right away. Just hold onto your point for now. Anyways most likely, if you're getting a solution, you're getting it in 15 days.

If you pay now, and they refund, you'll have to wait for them to credit it back to your bank account, which is one additional step that you'll have to do.

anonymuos

TF Ace
In worst case, if you have to pay the fees and they don't reverse it, you can loot the gym membership that Pulse card gives via FITPASS. 12 sessions per month, 3 per week, 144 in a year. Use it and make yourself fit and take revenge on SBI. :D Full year's gym for ₹1500+GST is not so bad.

Last edited:

shivamk

TF Premier
In worst case, if you have to pay the fees and they don't reverse it, you can loot the gym membership that Pulse card gives via FITPASS. 12 sessions per month, 3 per week, 144 in a year. Use it and make yourself fit and take revenge on SBI. :D Full year'sgym for ₹1500+GST is not so bad.
I live in a small town and Fitpass has no gyms here.

shivamk

TF Premier
While I agree with Whatever Rp07 said, there's no need to pay the due right away sine you have 15 more days. It makes sense to not pay that and hold for a while, as long as you won't forget to pay it.

There's not much upside by not paying. But there's no downside to not paying not at all. So I'd advise you not to pay right away. Just hold onto your point for now. Anyways most likely, if you're getting a solution, you're getting it in 15 days.

If you pay now, and they refund, you'll have to wait for them to credit it back to your bank account, which is one additional step that you'll have to do.
Yes sir, I had the same thought in mind

s1t2y3a3m6

TF Premier
But sir I don't have the call recording. SBI must be having it since it was on recorded line but I doubt there's any way I can ask them to pull it out and verify for themselves.
No issues, even you haven't recorded that call but SBI records all calls dialed from their customer.

Write an email to nodal desk describing all of your issue.

talkwithfino

TF Premier
Can RBI BO ask them to pull out the call recording?

Write an email to nodal desk describing all of your issue.
Write email to Nodal Desk and Ask SBI itself to pull the recording and give it to you. They have to!!! Max what they can say is, Sir, we cannot email you the recording, but we can play it over phone for you. Record it at that time.
But ask TELL SBI itself to give it to you.

s1t2y3a3m6

TF Premier
Write email to Nodal Desk and Ask SBI itself to pull the recording and give it to you. They have to!!! Max what they can say is, Sir, we cannot email you the recording, but we can play it over phone for you. Record it at that time.
Why you ask to pull call recording and give it to you ? Simply a child also disagree in this argument.

I faced similar issues in past, they verify call conversation by their end and resolve my issue.

I said write the issue you faced and promised during call by retention team to nodal desk. They would verify your allegations by their end.

And if they have no intention to reverse annual fee or no annual fee reversal offer display on particular account they wouldn't reverse same even if you place call recording from your side because they never have assure reversal will happen 100% after statement generation. They always said probably it would get reversed.

Last edited:

shivamk

TF Premier
And if they have no intention to reverse annual fee or no annual fee reversal offer display on particular account they wouldn't reverse same even if you place call recording from your side because they never have assure reversal will happen 100% after statement generation. They always said probably it would get reversed.
As far as I remember, the agent never said subject to approval or any similar phrase, else I would have simply asked to cancel the card then

shivamk

TF Premier
I had called Nodal helpline and asked them to retrieve the recording and check themselves. They said they don't have access to the recording and only senior officials might have access to it

talkwithfino

TF Premier
I had called Nodal helpline and asked them to retrieve the recording and check themselves. They said they don't have access to the recording and only senior officials might have access to it
Then by hook or crook; get it from those senior officials (I think you will have to go till the PNO Desk lvl )

Why you ask to pull call recording and give it to you ? Simply a child also disagree in this argument.
I have done the same with Hdfc and got the recording.

Yaa, it's a diff stry that the Bastard employee played call recording of Y date insisting that it was of X date; but I threatened him that I will take this case till the LVL of CEO. Shouted a lot on that bloody MF; and then the same b**** called me in the evening with a not so clear apology and played the recording for X date.

And if they have no intention to reverse annual fee or no annual fee reversal offer display on particular account they wouldn't reverse same
So better to ask for recording as you can go till the LVL of RBI BO with tht proof

Last edited:

shivamk

TF Premier
Then by hook or crook; get it from those senior officials (I think you will have to go till the PNO Desk lvl )

I have done the same with Hdfc and got the recording.

Yaa, it's a diff stry that the Bastard employee played call recording of Y date insisting that it was of X date; but I threatened him that I will take this case till the LVL of CEO. Shouted a lot on that bloody MF; and then the same b**** called me in the evening with a not so clear apology and played the recording for X date.

So better to ask for recording as you can go till the LVL of RBI BO with tht proof
This is really helpful. I will try to obtain the recording.

shivamk

TF Premier
So I got a call from SBI X team and they said that the card is closed and since it was closed within 30 days of fees being charged, the fees will be reversed as per TnC.

Not sure if there is any such TnC or not but I now atleast have another call recording to fight if needed.

Shoxie

TF Premier
So I got a call from SBI X team and they said that the card is closed and since it was closed within 30 days of fees being charged, the fees will be reversed as per TnC.

Not sure if there is any such TnC or not but I now atleast have another call recording to fight if needed.

Great! Keep us posted. Even I've not heard such a T&C. I'll also probably be able to get a refund, if you're sucessful.