• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI home loan Fraud by branch

In most of the HL cases, what I found was these prospective customers DO NOT study the HL market at all - BEFORE they are ready to sign the dox.
By the time the customers get the HL agreement to read and sign, they would already be in the middle of a deal and builders would have been forcing the customers to make more payments.
At that point, the customer won't have time to find another bank to get the HL with better terms and conditions.

In my case, the HL agreement with HDFC was very vague about the Pre-payment rules. When enquired about the branch employees, they lied about the prepayment rules.

Once the agreement is signed and when I tried to make prepayment, I found 3 rules which stopped me pre-paying the HL as I wanted. I complained about it upto RBIO, but the case was closed in favour of HDFC.

READING is a must.

Once, it saved me 1 lakh. Yes, 1 lakh.

I read all manuals, including the hugely bulky manual of my Xylo - besides the concise abridged version - a quick manual.

When I gave my Xylo for 1lakh KM servicing in HYD - the so-called reliable n trustworthy dealer billed me for 1.5L.
They gave me a detailed bill - and took 2 days to do a decent n detailed job. I am happy with their job - but not the billing part of it.

As per the manual, most of the tests, inspections, repairs, n replacements to be done compulsorily on 1L KM servicing are INCLUDED in one listed item. And, I need to pay ONLY for that one billed item.

But, that dealer had billed for double the amount - one combined item and again for individual jobs.

I fought with them, approached M&M's technical staff at Nashik and their Zonal Head. Called the local media.

Finally, I paid only 40K+ - instead of their near 1.5L+.

A technician thereat - a friend of mine - says NONE of the OWNERS ever go thru the given bills, leave alone scrutinize and find fault.

99% of the time, they pay without even asking what they have billed.

ABSOLUTE FOOLISHNESS by educated, moneyed, knowledgeable n
Intelligent people.

Spending is perfectly OK. But, getting decieved is certaintly NOT OK.

READING is a must.

I read all manuals, including the hugely bulky manual of my Xylo - besides the concise abridged version - a quick manual.

When I gave my Xylo for 1lakh KM servicing in HYD - the so-called reliable n trustworthy dealer billed me for 1.5L.
They gave me a detailed bill - and took 2 days to do a decent n detailed job. I am happy with their job - but not the billing part of it.

As per the manual, most of the tests, inspections, repairs, n replacements to be done compulsorily on 1L KM servicing are INCLUDED in one listed item. And, I need to pay ONLY for that one billed item.

But, that dealer had billed for double the amount - one combined item and again for individual jobs.

I fought with them, approached M&M's technical staff at Nashik and their Zonal Head. Called the local media.

A technician thereat - a friend of mine - says NONE of the OWNERS ever go thru the given bills, leave alone scrutinize and find fault.

Intelligent people.

Did you file an FIR against the workshop for fraud?

My job is NOT to reform every tom, dick n harry in the town.

I gave a complaint against them to M&M. It's upto them to take care of such malpractices done by their dealers n ASCs.

I shall remain vigilant n guard myself against such frauds. And, avoid such cheaters by being well read n well informed.

READING is a must.

Intelligent people.

That more than 10% of the car value

Back