• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI new card application issue

arn

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I applied for SBI Cashback card through agent.

got physical kyc done, the application paper i signed on mentioned clearly that my application is for cashback card.
got verification call after that and it also mentioned cashback card and told all its benefits and fees.

but after that next day got SMS with a link to verify application, submitted it by otp after checking personal details.
now I received SMS that I have applied for BPCL SBI Rupay card .

I checked that final verification pdf again and that also mentioned BPCL card.

while the physical form I signed and all on call verification mentioned cash back card only.

I contacted that agent also, he said they have filed for correction to SBI, and I should get a new verification call from SBI. but its around 7 days and I did not got any call.

so what should I do now ? the application number received on SMS is also not getting tracked on SBI Sprint portal

I spoke to the retail sales manager head in Hyderbad as I had a similar issue. He said Cashback SBI cards are only being given through online or retail channels such as airports malls etc..and these regular agents who hang around in SBI branches won't be able to apply for Cashback card from their agent portal.

As my SBI CASHBACK card application (during Dec 2022) was rejected right after the digilocker step, I emailed the Customer Service head last week for reconsideration of application and asking the reason for rejection.
I got a reply that rejection had nothing to do with my credit worthiness and was purely a business decision. I was told to apply again and see.
Today I applied again from Sprint online and got rejected again. At same stage as last time, right after giving digilocker access.
Emailed the Customer Service Head again. Let's see what happens.
Same Happened to me, after digilocker step it was rejected, please reply if you get any update on that

same happened to me as well. tried to applied cashback card online. but my area was not in servicabke area so application was not completed. few days later got called from agent and she said she can apply on my behalf and it will be approved. did the vkyc and later got call from her that my simplyclick is approved, i protested and said i applied for cashback card not simplyclick and will complain against you then she said i will recify it. again got call for verification from SBI but before proceeding i tried to verify for which card and they said its for Bpcl card. i raised the dispute that i have applied for cashback not bpcl and your agent has changed the application and i rejected the verification process.
Bottom line never apply for sbi card through agent, they can do anything for their commission.
first time it happened same with me. Agent said to process my previous pending request for cashback. and online video kyc done for that, at final verification time I was informed that I am applying for Croma card which I declined, and the application got dropped at that step.
in my second try it went for physical kyc and the application form I signed clearly mentioned Cashback card, verification agent also informed Im applying for cashback card.
but only at final submission after that when I downloaded the form before submitting otp it mentioned bpcl, and that agent fraudulently submitted the form then later claiming that they are modifying the application.

One month back my brother asked same to convert his old simplyclick to cashback card but he was denied. He then closed his card and will soon plan to apply cashback card.
I tried applying cashback again now, and Sprint now mentions that I already got a sbi card recently, so you need to wait atleast for 3 months now

Back