• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Simplyclick Credit Card Annual Fee Reversal

srichaitanya

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have SBI Simplyclick CC which was charged Rs. 499 + GST eventhough I met the annual fee spends for fee reversal of 1 lakh in one year. Does SBI charge the Annual Fee and reverse it later? Has anyone faced this issue with SBI Cards?

I have SBI Simplyclick CC which was charged Rs. 499 + GST eventhough I met the annual fee spends for fee reversal of 1 lakh in one year. Does SBI charge the Annual Fee and reverse it later? Has anyone faced this issue with SBI Cards?
Yes they will charge it. Then reverse it on the next bill. You will get Rs. 499 back. But GST amount of Rs. 90, we wont get it back.

Update: GST also reversed.

Last edited:
This is plain stupid isn't it? Where do we go for getting the GST amount back when we have indeed met their demands for annual fee waiver?
Worst thing by SBI. I have seen in Axis Bank Credit Cards, when annual fee wavier is met, they charge and instantly refund it including GST. I don't understand why SBI does not refund GST.

This is plain stupid isn't it? Where do we go for getting the GST amount back when we have indeed met their demands for annual fee waiver?
I don't know what is wrong with SBI, they are giving reversal not waiver. So we are end up paying the GST amount.
Technically they should reverse GST too, right? If no fee, then no GST! 🤷‍♂️
Shouldn't this be complained to RBI? 🤔

Earlier SBI credit cards used to charge for credit limit enhancement as a fee. I think it was around 100 or 200 plus gst but after 2021 it was stopped.

Earlier SBI credit cards used to charge for credit limit enhancement as a fee. I think it was around 100 or 200 plus gst but after 2021 it was stopped.
It's still there, I guess.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-08-20-22-38-33-68_87b2c207f6954c2a0fe6b457a6e14ebb.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-08-20-22-38-33-68_87b2c207f6954c2a0fe6b457a6e14ebb.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 64
Back