• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBICard reward point fraud

armat

TF Premier
I loaded amazon pay wallet using simpliclick card. The merchant name was payu payments pvt ltd at otp page. But after transaction got settled, the merchant name changed to amazon.in wallet as in the screenshot. So no reward points. How they can change merchant name after the transaction has been done ? Is that a fraud activity for not providing rewardpoints to customers? Please have a look into the screenshot and let me know your opinions

Attachments

• IMG_4164.webp
    IMG_4164.webp
    17.1 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_4159.webp
    IMG_4159.webp
    33.9 KB · Views: 143
I loaded amazon pay wallet using simpliclick card. The merchant name was payu payments pvt ltd at otp page. But after transaction got settled, the merchant name changed to amazon.in wallet as in the screenshot. So no reward points. How they can change merchant name after the transaction has been done ? Is that a fraud activity for not providing rewardpoints to customers? Please have a look into the screenshot and let me know your opinions
This isn't a fraud.

Clearly shows you loaded wallet through Uber.

Actual Merchant name will show after settlement and all reward depends on MCC.

And SBI didn't provide reward points for wallet reload

Last edited:
Reward points depends on the MCC associated with the merchant name settled after transaction. If it is supposed to give you reward points then you will get it.

This is nothing. 😂

I used my Simplyclick card for transactions on Cleartrip & Apollo Pharmacy to get 10x reward points as they are the 'Preferred Merchants' according to the great SBI CARD.

Guess what ! I still received 5x points.

Reason:
According to the SBI Card CC, the merchants are the preferred merchants with valid MCC code... But 'MID (Merchant Identifier)' code was not provided by the merchants to the great SBI.
And, as per the T&C, only those transactions will be given 10x points whose MID is shared by the preferred merchants.
Now, it was my fault that the MID was not shared (according to SBIC CC).
I asked how will I be able to know that the MID be eligible or not for 10x points. They replied in negative. It's just your sheer luck if you get it.

I raised it to Nodal Officer. He didn't find any discrepancy. I appealed to the Principal Nodal Officer. He too rejected my points claim and forfeited some points awarded (perhaps as a punishment).

I raised a complaint to RBI Ombudsman after submitting all the proofs. They heard only the SBIC side of the story and finally my complaint was closed by them on 26th July 2024 after a total of about 6 months of making the transactions using the draconian 16(a)(2) clause which doesn't give me right to appeal.

End of the story.

In this case, I 'm still compassionate about my Axis cards viz Atlas and VI.... Chaahe Axis jaisa bhi hai... SBI jaise chindi things nahi karta hai and late mein he sahi , reward points and miles do get credited.

Let me know if I can appeal about my points. Need your support
@TechnoFino

Similar thing happened with me on May that I ordered Medicine from Netmeds costs 1k RP Value is 50 which was shown in app but after the bill generation it won't credited by saying we couldn't see in netmeds transaction from your card 😡.

This SBI Card is scam..

Back