• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Revaluation Sbi virtual debit card is giving 2x reward points

He had already created a thread, but no one read it and this offer doesn't work anymore. OP is unaware.

His thread: https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/sbi-debit-card-2x-rewards-rakshabandhan-offer.30282/
Bro, I think you’re not getting the point- OP is saying that SBI first said that they would give 2x points for virtual card which they rolled back. So technically we shouldn’t be getting 2x points but OP is getting 2x points- You may consider it a glitch and use it till it lasts.
Hope you understood

@desiviru were you not aware of this??
I've also used virtual card (VISA variant) but no bonus points credited. Not even for a single txn. He may have got for bday for last month and now under Aug 9-19 offer. For me no bonus is credited for any txn till now. This month who have bday will get 3X pts i,e 1X normal + 1X Bday + 1x (Aug 9-19) offer and I mentioned the same in topic I created.

Bro, I think you’re not getting the point- OP is saying that SBI first said that they would give 2x points for virtual card which they rolled back. So technically we shouldn’t be getting 2x points but OP is getting 2x points- You may consider it a glitch and use it till it lasts.
Hope you understood
You didn't read this post, which I wrote few mins ago:

This whole thread is not accurate.

- First thing first, official website states "you will not get points when you make transaction using virtual card".
(But, we do get on some websites, Unipay doesn't work as far as I remember)

Standard Points for Physical Debit Cards per 200 spent per card on PoS or e-Commerce: All type/ variants of Debit Cards Except-
i. IOCL Co-branded Debit cards used in IOCL outlets,
ii. Virtual Debit Card

- Second, the points which you were getting were part of a promotional offer by SBI called 'Rakshabandhan ka atoot rishta'

Which says, you will get 2x accelerated points where x = regular points up to 1000 points (including birthday bonus, 1% effectively if its birthday month) can be awarded to the customer and this is how you accumulated your points. However, this offer is no longer available as it got expired on August 19th.

Note: Virtual debit card was working in this offer

You can read more about it here: https://rewardz.sbi/content/rakshabandhan_tnc

- Lastly, we have now returned to the regular period, where you will earn 0.25% reward points on transactions.

Ps: OP please change the thread title along with thread tag.
Bro, virtual card rewards page is different from normal TnC page. Check here https://sbi.co.in/web/personal-banking/cards/debit-card/sbi-virtual-debit-card

On main page it is very confusing because they specifically mentioned virtual debit card exception. But both give same points i.e 2RPs/200.

Ahh, this makes sense, so they are contradicting their own words lol
No contradiction. Just like for IOCL card TnC is different as it gives more points on fuel alongwith normal points on other txns, virtual has its own TnC. HDFC also writes for all credit cards except Infinia and DCB as they have their own high reward system. :) I am surprised here that some people thought VDC don't give RPs. So was it not giving in past? Because I generated SBI VDC this year in March only. haha

Meanwhile I am waiting for regular points on physical debit card for transactions done on 8,9,10 Aug. Points for 11,14 Aug already credited. All transactions are on Mobikwik.

So was it not giving in past? Because I generated SBI VDC this year in March only. haha
When they revamped the points system, they clearly mentioned that both virtual and physical debit cards would earn points. But, after some time, they removed the reference to virtual debit cards from the bullet points and added them to the exclusions. That's when the confusion arose.

But, people were still getting points (virtual DC) on other platforms xD

I've also used virtual card (VISA variant) but no bonus points credited. Not even for a single txn. He may have got for bday for last month and now under Aug 9-19 offer. For me no bonus is credited for any txn till now. This month who have bday will get 3X pts i,e 1X normal + 1X Bday + 1x (Aug 9-19) offer and I mentioned the same in topic I created.
but I am getting reward points for each transactions from the beginning(since April) .Its just now they are giving bonus points for all the previous transactions. I hardly had made 20000 worth of payments in aug but I got 2000+ rp, so it was of old transactions

but I am getting reward points for each transactions from the beginning(since April) .Its just now they are giving bonus points for all the previous transactions. I hardly had made 20000 worth of payments in aug but I got 2000+ rp, so it was of old transactions
Wait, so, your birthday was in July (belated happy birthday bhai)

Lets say, you made 5000 worth of transaction in July, and according to TnC. We should get 2x correct? (1x normal + 1x birthday)

You must've got 50 points in July and the bonus of 50 points in August (this month). Total 100 points of 5000 transaction, which is 2x (0.5% effectively)

100 points cash value will be 50 rupees.

t
Wait, so, your birthday was in July (belated happy birthday bhai)

Lets say, you made 5000 worth of transaction in July, and according to TnC. We should get 2x correct? (1x normal + 1x birthday)

You must've got 50 points in July and the bonus of 50 points in August (this month). Total 100 points of 5000 transaction, which is 2x (0.5% effectively)

100 points cash value will be 50 rupees.
Thanks bro. In july I have made transaction worth nearly 1 lakh 10k,thats why I got 1100 rp . But rn I am getting bonus points for all the old transactions

Back