• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Schengen visa - reschedule booked flights

Quick question lads, so once if someone gets a Schengen visa, would the entire process still be cumbersome when applying for Schengen visa the 2nd time?
The entire process remains the same. The only thing is you wouldn't need to submit your biometrics again(if applied within 5 years before the current application).

Quick question lads, so once if someone gets a Schengen visa, would the entire process still be cumbersome when applying for Schengen visa the 2nd time?
The process is same for all times. Just that from second time, anyone else can go to the embassy / VFS and apply on your behalf as biometrics is not needed.
In terms of scrutiny, yes. The process is less strict, as in they don't really check that much.

For example, last year I was able to get my Visa within like 3 working days with bank statement showing only like 10-15K available balance. I was honestly sad since they decided so quickly that it was rejected, but they approved.

I have a history of visiting France 2-3 times every year since last 3 years around.

The process is same for all times. Just that from second time, anyone else can go to the embassy / VFS and apply on your behalf as biometrics is not needed.
In terms of scrutiny, yes. The process is less strict, as in they don't really check that much.

For example, last year I was able to get my Visa within like 3 working days with bank statement showing only like 10-15K available balance. I was honestly sad since they decided so quickly that it was rejected, but they approved.

I have a history of visiting France 2-3 times every year since last 3 years around.
kool, sounds good.
So how much bank balance is required to get schengen visa and what's the fee ?

kool, sounds good.
So, they don't recommend any specific figures. But generally it's advisable to take a budget of 75K-1L/week of travel in terms of bank balance for upto a couple.

Fees for Indians is I think 80 euros around. Don't really remember.

kool, sounds good.
80 EUR
Source https://www.vfsglobal.com/one-pager/switzerland/india/english/pdf/EU-Sheet-short-stay-visa.pdf
VISA FEE
Applicants shall pay a visa fee of EUR 80.
Children from the age of six years and below the age of 12 years shall pay a visa fee of EUR 40

Regarding bank balance, i think in general 100 EUR is good number but some countries do specifically mention expected amount for the type of visa. So don't think that is generic across.

Back