• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Second HDFC Credit Card offer

BlackDread

TF Buzz
I have had a basic IOCL HDFC cc for the past 2.5 years. I received 2 credit enhancements on this in time but never got any credit card upgrade option. I tried getting an upgrade through my RM but he keeps telling me that only when an offer comes then I can upgrade my card. I don’t like this card much since it doesn’t have many benefits so I don’t use it very often.
Recently I got a message from HDFC that I am eligible for a second HDFC cc, after checking I found out that they are offering me a Business Moneyback card. I don’t want this card so I haven’t applied for it. Can you give me some advice on how can I get a better card offer or upgrade my initial credit card, My old credit card is due to expire this year and I don't want to continue with the same card? My current card limit for HDFC is 1.5. What should I do, should I apply for this business moneyback card or wait for a new offer?

P.S. I have other bank credit cards but still I want to have a good HDFC card.

have you heard of tata neu that a good card as FYF/LTF and for upgrading for your current card you need send my document like salary slip/ITR to hdfc email address can be found here in the forum. and on this couple of threads exist though. you can check that too
I haven’t considered tata neu yet since I don’t use the app much. I will also look at other threads for the upgrade.
thank you

I am going through the same struggle of having that Indian oil CC from HDFC and I remember someone told me that I will be neither be getting an upgrade nor any limit enhancement.
But I would recommend you to take tata neu and close this and may be after using that card get a better upgrade. Rest let me know if you find a better solution

I am going through the same struggle of having that Indian oil CC from HDFC and I remember someone told me that I will be neither be getting an upgrade nor any limit enhancement.
But I would recommend you to take tata neu and close this and may be after using that card get a better upgrade. Rest let me know if you find a better solution
Are you having Tata Neu+ or just IOCL?

I have opened saving account in HDFC Bank he was having some target and MAB should be 2500 so I accepted it.. Agent has opened some farmer catagory account.. i used to maintain only 3 to 4000 in that account. After 6 months they offered me credit card with 20000 limit which was pre approved and without any documents. It was my first credit card. Right now having 14+ Cards.. I accepted that card and keep on using. After some duration they gave limit enhancement from 20000 to 40000 then 80000 then 1.2 Lac then 1.8 Lac then 2.16 Lacs then 2.6 Lacs.
Also they offered me card upgradation. From some basic card i upgraded to Millennia card. Then they have offered me 3 to 4 times Business Regalia card buy I denied it as it was paid card .. Now Millennia is life time free card for me and happy with this card. Also I have applied Millennia debit card which gives me 1% Cash back. Debit card is chargeable card but it gives me more cashback than charges.. so I will keep on using the same card..

Go for tata neu infinity card which gives 5% neu coins equal to 5rs as neu pass member(which is free) and additionally 5% in this card when spending in the app with their registered brands. Negative side is there is no statement credit unlike other cash back cards. I feel the offers in tata neu app are good, hence this suggestion. If you are ok for other banks cc, then combo of amex mrcc, axis ace and sbi cashback is best

Back