• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Seeking Advice: Best Credit Card for Buying a Car in September

Agreed. But this is probably the worst case scenario. I think I can negotiate with 1% surcharge. And top tier cards provide 5-10% reward rate on hotels/flights. I've seen people do that.
I just want to know what is latest in the market in those terms.
Absolutely no card provides more than 3.3%. 10% is on flight or hotel bookings, not on point of sale. Axis Magus provides a high reward but it has a cap. So no card is going to provide 5 or 10% for point of sale.

I guess I'd be eligible for most cards. Good cibil, icici provides 19L limit right now, 50L ITR, can move funds to required bank.
No preference for miles/hotel points. Just want anything that would help in an international trip.
Can you help with the atlas calculation if that is the best right now?
Atlas will provide you 2% in miles. These miles can be transferred to some airlines at 2x, making it around 4% return in miles. You will also get an additional 5k miles for spending over 15 lakhs. So assuming you spend 15 lakhs, you will get 35,000 miles which can be transferred to say, Vistara at 70k miles or to Accor at 35k. If you go with Vistara, that is enough for 1 round trip economy ticket to LHR or Paris (with some tax payable by you) if you are flexible and get the cheapest possible option. So you could expect a roughly 40k value from this transaction. You would end up paying at least 15k to the dealer. You will have to pay a 5k plus GST joining fee as well. In addition, Vistara is merging with Air India and the miles needed will mostly go up. Like I said, the net gain would be like 15 to 20k and the time you spend on this negotiation and effort can be used to just get a direct discount or some free accessories etc.

Lol. Who accepted to accept whole 20L without any charges?
I had paid 2 lakhs as deposit on the card a few days earlier. The salesperson asked me to make the full payment via RTGS (I never take a loan) and then said I could pay via CC as well as it was immediate. He asked his sales manager and he approved. However, the cashier went to confirm with the showroom manager and he came up with some excuse. RBI guidelines, company won't allow etc.

Atlas will provide you 2% in miles. These miles can be transferred to some airlines at 2x, making it around 4% return in miles. You will also get an additional 5k miles for spending over 15 lakhs. So assuming you spend 15 lakhs, you will get 35,000 miles which can be transferred to say, Vistara at 70k miles or to Accor at 35k. If you go with Vistara, that is enough for 1 round trip economy ticket to LHR or Paris (with some tax payable by you) if you are flexible and get the cheapest possible option. So you could expect a roughly 40k value from this transaction. You would end up paying at least 15k to the dealer. You will have to pay a 5k plus GST joining fee as well. In addition, Vistara is merging with Air India and the miles needed will mostly go up. Like I said, the net gain would be like 15 to 20k and the time you spend on this negotiation and effort can be used to just get a direct discount or some free accessories etc.
If this is the case then it makes no sense to go with cc payment.. Thanks a lot.

Can you help with the atlas calculation if that is the best right now?
check n let me know anything else

Last edited:
How is ultimate more than infinia boss. Isn't it 3 vs 3.33 percent?

simple logic..

a combination of

- easy to get to hard to get
- same reward or better reward

atlas, ultimate, marquee .. somewhat easy to get compared to Infinia, DCB, Emerlade Pvt. all provide 3% or higher rewards.

then if some reason merchant accept amex, then first preference travel, than platinum or reserv.

before spending 70k on platinum its also equally digestable M4B.

And if nothing works due to high limit requirement than Wealth.

---
Ultimate: 5 RP for 150 = 3.33rs
Infinia: 5 RP for 150 = 3.33rs

If one eligible Infinia, then no need for Ultimate, DCB, Emeralde Pvt., AMEX.

Infinia is hard to get compared to atlas or Ultimate.

Note: No way recommend Ultimate, do check my other posts .. had a trouble with my redemption requirement but those who can benefit Marriott, ITC easily gets best value in Odd purchases.

Or lets just say, my proprietary algorithm suggest that order (change as you like) 😃

I think Amex Cards and other Travel cards like Club Vistara and milestone based cards Effectively give 8-10 % returns
They don't. Amex Platinum offers the best deal but it is again capped at 4 lakh spends. So once again, you are looking at around 10 to 15k max benefit which will be negated by the 1% fee charged by the dealer. Show me with some calculation, which card can give you 10% on 15 lakhs, i.e. 1.5 lakhs in cashback for a POS transaction.
@pranavjindal999

Back