• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Seeking Guidance: Choosing the Best UPI App in 2024

VibhavBilgoji

TF Premier

Choosing the Best UPI App in 2024​

I'm writing to seek your assistance in choosing the best UPI app for my needs in 2024. With the vast array of options available, making an informed decision can be overwhelming.

I'm primarily looking for an app that excels in the following aspects:

• User Interface: A clean, intuitive, and user-friendly interface that allows for quick and effortless navigation.
  • Offers: Attractive cashback, discounts, and rewards on UPI transactions, bill payments, recharges, etc.
  • Wallet Features: Robust wallet functionality with features like expense tracking, budget management, and investment options (if available).
  • Card Facilities: Seamless integration with credit and debit cards for payments, recharges, and bill payments.
  • App Performance: Smooth and lag-free experience with appealing animations (if used tastefully).
  • Overall Experience: A positive and enjoyable experience that exceeds expectations across all features mentioned above.

To provide some context, I typically use Payzapp for UPI payments. However, I'm open to exploring new options that offer a better overall experience.
Additionally, if you could share any specific insights or tips on features, functionality, or hidden gems I may have missed, it would be incredibly helpful.

I'm looking for an UPI app that has the following three features:

1. Ability to customize VPA (UPI ID)

2. Wallet to UPI payment

3. Ability to customize Wallet ID
(As the wallet ID in most of the apps contains the mobile number which I don't want to disclose.)

I have finalized a few options. Esteemed and knowledgeable members of Techofino, kindly advice which is the best:

1. Mobikwik
2. Slice
3. Fampay
4. Payzapp
5. Phonepe (Don't know whether it has wallet to UPI feature)

Kindly share your experience with these apps. Any transaction restrictions that you came to know after using these apps. Any letdowns that led you to switch to a different app.

Thanks in advance.

Request the mods to kindly create this post as a new thread.

Was avid Paytm user since the launch.
However, with recent Neu Points changes, I was force moved to Tata Neu app for upi payments. Initially, the app was super laggy, but over the time I feel it is alright now.
Given the fact that it provides extra cashback on using upi on app with neu infinity card, Tata Neu is my go to UPI app now.

Was avid Paytm user since the launch.
However, with recent Neu Points changes, I was force moved to Tata Neu app for upi payments. Initially, the app was super laggy, but over the time I feel it is alright now.
Given the fact that it provides extra cashback on using upi on app with neu infinity card, Tata Neu is my go to UPI app now.
I am so much fan of Paytm that I have been using Tata Neu via paytm scanner only. After reading your post Looks like I am missing something.
your post is making me to think that Tata Neu app could is replacement for Paytm :P. Earlier the main reason for Paytm was wallet+fastag+cashback offers. Nowadays I am focusing only on HDFC cards and cashbacks :) and somehow payzapp kyc is one ongoing issue.

Last edited:
So here is my new preference for 2024 :)
1. Tata Neu(replacement for Paytm) for Merchant UPI barcode payments
2. Google Pay for UPI between friends and family
3. PhonePe: for people who dont know how to tell or share UPI ID
4. AmazonPay for wallet & discount offers and cashback (Now this is the only wallet I have)
5. Payzapp for smartbuy and offers if any on Utility bill payments recharges

So here is my new preference for 2024 :)
1. Tata Neu(replacement for Paytm) for Merchant UPI barcode payments
2. Google Pay for UPI between friends and family
3. PhonePe: for people who dont know how to tell or share UPI ID
4. AmazonPay for wallet & discount offers and cashback (Now this is the only wallet I have)
5. Payzapp for smartbuy and offers if any on Utility bill payments recharges
In tata neu app VPA is editable ?

Back