• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Sep 2024 - Best Cards and Apps for EDU Payments

PaneerButterMasala

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hi TF Community,

Many Banks have levied additional fees on cards for Education and Rent payments. Hence, Starting this Wiki thread so that we can compile the apps and card which can be used for Educational or Rent in Sep 2024.

PlatformFeesBest Card
Housing1.69%IDFC Vistara, Axis Atlas, AMEX
Cred1.7%
SuperPay1.65%
NoBroker1.55%

Feel free to add apps and credit cards.
DM me for Housing.com referral which will reduce the fees to half.

Last edited:
does paying booking token or education fees though IDFC Vistara will be counted as utility? I have made small transaction to know mcc but they mentioned it will take 24-48 hours to initiate it.

Hi TF Community,

Many Banks have levied additional fees on cards for Education and Rent payments. Hence, Starting this Wiki thread so that we can compile the apps and card which can be used for Educational or Rent in Sep 2024.

Apps:
Housing.com (Edu fees) - 1.69% Charge (Half fees waived off via referral)
Cred (Edu fees) - 1.7%

Credit Cards with positive returns:
Axis Atlas
IDFC Vistara
Axis MRCC and Plat Travel

Feel free to add apps and credit cards.
DM me for Housing.com referral.
there is a typo...it is Amex MRCC

Not utility. Atleast this is what I checked on Housing.com
ok, i have made transaction through amex plat, it got initiated withing 6 hours. It shows "locon solutions private limited" razorpay education PG. so I suppose same payment gateway things will be for IDFC and not considered as utility right?

Hi @PaneerButterMasala ,
Bro, I already have a thread which list the detailed benefits. Please mark this a s duplicate and update the one I already have. Otherwise there will be lot of different threads and people will find it difficult to follow along.

Hi @PaneerButterMasala ,
Bro, I already have a thread which list the detailed benefits. Please mark this a s duplicate and update the one I already have. Otherwise there will be lot of different threads and people will find it difficult to follow along.

Looks good. Please consider adding Edu Category and MCC codes to the thread as well.

Requesting Mods to close this thread. @moneyMaker

Last edited:
Is mrcc good rewarding card for rent payment in amex ? Or should I buy gold charge or rewards card
I think best is plat travel because of its 2 milestones.
On 1.9L spend you get 15k points
On 4L spend you get more 25k points+ 10k Taj voucher.

Back