• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Should I keep Tata neu plus LTF?

shrirang

TF Select
I applied for DCP with C2C of 5.2 lacs limit Amazon Pay card.

But got Tata neu plus card, claimed to be LTF, yet to verify, with 25k limit.

Except that this card is on Rupay, I don't see any benefit of keeping it.

I am planning to skip activating this card, would like to get suggestions for following:
Will I be eligible for C2C LTF cards, specially DCP again after some months, if I do not activate this card?

Or is it better to activate and wait for offer to upgrade the card, concerned about LTF upgrade in this case.

Will it impact my CIBIL if I don't activate the card?

I also got Rubyx last week with 5.2 limit.

I am planning to skip activating this card, would like to get suggestions for following:
Will I be eligible for C2C LTF cards, specially DCP again after some months, if I do not activate this card?

Or is it better to activate and wait for offer to upgrade the card, concerned about LTF upgrade in this case.

cibil enquiry will happen even if you don't activate. it has already happened.

neu plus ltf is useless, infinity is a little bit better. but upto you if you want to keep this card for rupay offers.

HDFC will let you keep 2 cards 1 core and 1 cobranded. so you can try later for DCP also.

if you think that neuplus is of no use to you, contact the customer care with proof that you had applied for different variant and were provided the wrong card, and that they should change the variant. I think RBI has also disallowed to change card variant without customer consent (but I don't it applies here since this is a new issue and not an upgrade/replacement).

did you apply via branch?

neu plus ltf is useless, infinity is a little bit better. but upto you if you want to keep this card for rupay offers.

HDFC will let you keep 2 cards 1 core and 1 cobranded. so you can try later for DCP also.

if you think that neuplus is of no use to you, contact the customer care with proof that you had applied for different variant and were provided the wrong card, and that they should change the variant. I think RBI has also disallowed to change card variant without customer consent (but I don't it applies here since this is a new issue and not an upgrade/replacement).
I have already raised a complaint. I don't have proof though as it as physical form. The agent says forms are submitted and can't get copy now.

Reg CIBIL, my doubt is whether it will drop if I got card approved but didn't activate. Is that reported to cibil?

I have already raised a complaint. I don't have proof though as it as physical form. The agent says forms are submitted and can't get copy now.

Reg CIBIL, my doubt is whether it will drop if I got card approved but didn't activate. Is that reported to cibil?
haha, I thought so....kisi insaan ki hi badmaashi hai. the agents would be under a lot of pressure to sell the newly launched tata cards. you can easily get a copy of the form from grievance redressal email address of HDFC - even I got my copy sent to my email without me asking for it. the agent would definitely say that form cannot be retrieved as he will be caught.

cibil impact imo shouldn't be much just because you didn't activate it. of all the factors affecting cibil score, I have never seen inactivated cards mentioned as reason. I wouldn't worry about it.

I would also complain about the agent to the bank for misseling and damaging bank reputation!

haha, I thought so....kisi insaan ki hi badmaashi hai. the agents would be under a lot of pressure to sell the newly launched tata cards. you can easily get a copy of the form from grievance redressal email address of HDFC - even I got my copy sent to my email without me asking for it. the agent would definitely say that form cannot be retrieved as he will be caught.

cibil impact imo shouldn't be much just because you didn't activate it. of all the factors affecting cibil score, I have never seen inactivated cards mentioned as reason. I wouldn't worry about it.

I would also complain about the agent to the bank for misseling and damaging bank reputation!
I will definitely raise the issue till possible limits.

Will send an email to grievance mail, can you please share that, if you have

Very frustrating experience with HDFC!

Just for everyone to note, scammers are replying as HDFC account.

In frustration, I did call on the number, but soon realised they are scammers as they wanted my other credit card details.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230610-102415.png
    Screenshot_20230610-102415.png
    51 KB · Views: 37
HDFC has always been doing this type of malpractices. And you can't even complaint coz its already mentioned on their T&Cs that they'll provide card based on their internal assessment irrespective of the card you filled the application for.

Many people have got the Moneyback+ card (limit under ₹50k) while applying via C2C route with existing card limit of ₹4L and above.

This is mostly happening with ICICI cardholders. They don't consider ICICI card as worthy C2C option. Better apply with different bank's card having decent credit limit.

HDFC has always been doing this type of malpractices. And you can't even complaint coz its already mentioned on their T&Cs that they'll provide card based on their internal assessment irrespective of the card you filled the application for.

Many people have got the Moneyback+ card (limit under ₹50k) while applying via C2C route with existing card limit of ₹4L and above.

This is mostly happening with ICICI cardholders. They don't consider ICICI card as worthy C2C option. Better apply with different bank's card having decent credit limit.
Issue was not with ICIC card but ICICI AmazonPay card.
They don't accept co-branded cards.
That's what I was told from the branch people.

Okay, so I'll try with AmEx MRCC the next time

Okay, so I'll try with AmEx MRCC the next time
if don't need this hdfc tata plus then close it cause from 25k it will 2-4 yr to get a LE of even 5 lakhs so don't activate then no guarantee after 6 months or even more hdfc will approve your application or not. better way is to appeal to grievance.redressal@hdfcbank.com. if you having hdfc account then chances of DCP are better.

if don't need this hdfc tata plus then close it cause from 25k it will 2-4 yr to get a LE of even 5 lakhs so don't activate then no guarantee after 6 months or even more hdfc will approve your application or not. better way is to appeal to grievance.redressal@hdfcbank.com. if you having hdfc account then chances of DCP are better.
Thank you, I will mail to grievance redressal and wait for their reply before activating this credit card. I don't have account in HDFC, but can open one if that helps with application.

Thank you, I will mail to grievance redressal and wait for their reply before activating this credit card. I don't have account in HDFC, but can open one if that helps with application.
for now just mail, if you already held it could have helped or any other core hdfc but then limit wouldn't be so less so just mail them for now. hdc don't like amazon pay c2c. ask then how many months after you can re-apply for DCP.

did you apply via branch?

for providing as proof in escalations, see this reference of RBI master directions (point 4)

Screenshot_20230610-140935~2.png

Last edited:
Got DCP today, after registering complaint about wrong card issuance.

Only issue is that they considered the case as upgrade from Tata neu plus so only FYF not LTF for now.

Thank you all for suggestions!

Back