• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

{Solved} Axis Magnus - Travel edge and Yatra

saver-user

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I just wanted to double sure with people who used it. I got my cousin bro who called me he needed a flight booked from Patna to Dubai.
Flight cost 11588rs
So I thought why not put Magnus to use? Did anyone try Magnus on travel edge? or Yatra (if we buy from Gyftr)
Magnus base reward rate = 6 points per 100
(No convenience fee) For travel edge = 5X reward points, so 11588/100 = 115x6 = 695. Now 5X points = 695 X 5= 3475 points which are around 2800 miles.
(850rs convenience fee) For yatra = 10X points = 11588/100 = 115x6 = 695. Now 10X points = 695 X 10= 6950 points which are around 5560 miles

2800-5560 Miles + Milestone benefits. Sounds too good to be true. Literal 24-47.9% back as miles. (I and my son fly frequently so it is useful to us)

Can anyone confirm my calculations are right? and will these travel edge transactions get added to milestone spends?
Plz anyone who has tried this or has proper knowledge about this answer.

Hi. The calculation is correct. Even I have used the same and found Yatra Vouchers (though the limit of max 3 vouchers of the same denomination is annoying in a few cases) and the airmiles rewards are out of the world.

Yatra is better than Travel Edge?
Yatra is better with 10x benefit but you can see the voucher terms you can use only 3 vouchers in one booking and Max denomination available is 5000, so Max you can use is 15000 in one booking.

Same as @abhi.nishu mentioned.

Even for a local 22k trip, I used Traveledge which will earn 1000 ER points less than Yatra but hassle free and good part I liked is no excess convenience fee in Traveledge, so no extra charges for online booking , in the name of convenience .

I believe seeing a post in the past from @TheMentalist rhat 10k denomination was availa le earlier.

So, use which one works better for you, as time to time some sites give offer and some bank CC and DC also offers cool deals. Pick one which works out for your trip total amount better :)

Yatra is better with 10x benefit but you can see the voucher terms you can use only 3 vouchers in one booking and Max denomination available is 5000, so Max you can use is 15000 in one booking.

Same as @abhi.nishu mentioned.

Even for a local 22k trip, I used Traveledge which will earn 1000 ER points less than Yatra but hassle free and good part I liked is no excess convenience fee in Traveledge, so no extra charges for online booking , in the name of convenience .

I believe seeing a post in the past from @TheMentalist rhat 10k denomination was availa le earlier.

So, use which one works better for you, as time to time some sites give offer and some bank CC and DC also offers cool deals. Pick one which works out for your trip total amount better :)
True bro. Travel edge is easy and quick. booked and got my ticket in a minute.

True bro. Travel edge is easy and quick. booked and got my ticket in a minute.
Yup, I was in the same position while booking before few days and traveledge was good, my 1st experience as well.

But only thing is that by default it autoselects the ER points, which we need to deselect, as you get more points, if we miss to unselected then there are chances these points will be redeemed at .20paise value 😓

Otherwise 1st experience was good and better than smartbuy Infinia combo for me :cool:

Is it possible to book Indigo Flexi plus fare on Traveledge?
I have to make a booking which might need a cancelation.
(With Indigo Flexi plus fare one can cancel the ticket 3 days before the with cancelation fee of only 500).

Is it possible to book Indigo Flexi plus fare on Traveledge?
I have to make a booking which might need a cancelation.
(With Indigo Flexi plus fare one can cancel the ticket 3 days before the with cancelation fee of only 500).
Brother first thing don't trust free cancellation or low cancellation. There's lot more to it than what comes in our eyes.

Can you eloborate a little?
Is it like they don't refund the said amount if we cancel 3 days before the departure?
What is the best website or app to book in such situations?
see idk which site you are booking from. But i had a experience with indigo 1.5 years ago. booked flexi plus fare. and the thing was i got urgent work and i wated to cancel 4 days before departure. been a year now i dont remember what they reduced te amount for but i can surely ay i got 600+ loss per ticket.
Also if you see goibibo and cleartrip t&c for free cancellation. you will find that - amount will be refunded after airline cancellation charges have been applied.

see idk which site you are booking from. But i had a experience with indigo 1.5 years ago. booked flexi plus fare. and the thing was i got urgent work and i wated to cancel 4 days before departure. been a year now i dont remember what they reduced te amount for but i can surely ay i got 600+ loss per ticket.
Also if you see goibibo and cleartrip t&c for free cancellation. you will find that - amount will be refunded after airline cancellation charges have been applied.
Thanks for sharing. I will reconsider and do more research before booking.

I had a similar calculation and bought Yatra voucher of 5k to buy air tickets.
The issue with Yatra is if you apply any existing coupons like the ones that are already showing for you while booking, you won't be able to use the Yatra gift voucher in the payment page.

Without Those existing coupons made a significant price difference compared to Traveledge hence I booked through travel edge itself
My 5k Yatra voucher is unused. Will probably use it in the next trip.

The issue with Yatra is if you apply any existing coupons like the ones that are already showing for you while booking, you won't be able to use the Yatra gift voucher in the payment page.

Without Those existing coupons made a significant price difference compared to Traveledge hence I booked through travel edge itself
Bad experience I guess for you with Yatra.

TravelEdge is much better with no tension and no convenience fee as well.

Got my Travel edge 5x points for April TXN already today 🤑

1682529057348.png

which coupon did you use on TravelEdge??

which coupon did you use on TravelEdge??
No coupon on traveledge.

I meant on Yatra site there would be existing coupon like YATRAINTL, DOMESTIC15 etc right.
So while checking the price among Yatra and travel edge, in Yatra I had applied one such coupon and thought Yatra is a good deal and I could get 10x points as well.
But if you use any existing coupons then Yatra gift card cannot be used so without coupon Yatra is very expensive.

No coupon on traveledge.

I meant on Yatra site there would be existing coupon like YATRAINTL, DOMESTIC15 etc right.
So while checking the price among Yatra and travel edge, in Yatra I had applied one such coupon and thought Yatra is a good deal and I could get 10x points as well.
But if you use any existing coupons then Yatra gift card cannot be used so without coupon Yatra is very expensive.
It's mentioned somewhere that traveledge prices are high compared to other platforms.
One another thing pop in my mind, If we use Yatra coupon and pay directly by Magnus Card, will get 1x points and discount. Does it make sense?

May be things vary case to case.

Your opinion please.

It's mentioned somewhere that traveledge prices are high compared to other platforms.
One another thing pop in my mind, If we use Yatra coupon and pay directly by Magnus Card, will get 1x points and discount. Does it make sense?

May be things vary case to case.

Your opinion please.
It sure is.
My flight price in traveledge was 42k. Same flight was cheapest directly on Indigo at 39k.
I still went with traveledge because that additional 4x points would give me 10k bonus points is more valuable than 3k cash if used smartly.
Eg. At accor hotels 10k reward points converts to 8k accor points. so 160 euros.
Which is a lot more than 2k.

Last edited:
Back