• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

[Solved] Help! My chargeback is denied represented in merchant favor

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Edited - I complaint to RBI. Got my refund within 5 days.

Hi, i did one transaction using my SBM bank onecard credit card of Rs2400 on 29th April, 2022.

I try to load money on Pencilton wallet via ola money payment gateway using my SBM bank onecard credit card but my transaction is failed and money debited.

3rd May, 2022, i receive a mail from Ola money, refund receive from Pencilton wallet and refund credit to my credit card.

Also note - My ola money wallet is non-kyc wallet/inactive wallet.

Onecard team told me to wait 15 bank working days, i also contact olamoney customer support multiple times via email, everytime they replied refund proceed to source card, you will receive the refund within 10 bank working days.

I wait for almost 20 bank working days, no refund credited.

Finally, on 7th June, transaction dispute raised from my onecard credit card.

but after few days, onecard credit card team call me and told me merchant refund my amount to my olamoney wallet but my olamoney wallet is non-kyc wallet and impossible to credit to my olamoney wallet.

Onecard team also show me chargeback document where "Pencilton merchant told refund credit to ola money wallet"

and i already told them olamoney wallet is non kyc wallet/inactive wallet and olamoney transaction statement showing refund received and refund credit to my card.

16th June, i shared all my ola money support communication proof, olamoney wallet screenshot etc.

same day 16th june, 2022. Onecard credit card team told me to wait upto 30 days.

I also contact olamoney support via twitter. now they also reply "as per the update from the concerned team we request you to reach out to your bank and reverse the chargeback."

Olamoney team also call me and told me the same thing.

Whenever i contact Payu payment gateway, they replied "As checked with our team, PayU ID – XXXXXXXX, chargeback has been re-presented with the bank in merchant favor basis on documents provided, dated 07-Jun-2022. Please get in touch with the merchant directly for any services or refund issues."

Today, i contact again on Payu gateway for any update but "Hi! As already informed you earlier, chargeback against PayU id XXXXXXXXX is represented in merchant favor to service documents received from them. You need to follow up with your issuing bank or merchant for any further assistance."

Do i need to wait few more days or suggest me any other solution ? OneCard credit card team told me to wait 3 to 4 month., since, Visa is a big multinational company that's why Visa takes 3 to 4 months time to investigate on this matter. OneCard team also told me "We are working on your query and till then we will be adding temporary credit to your account which will reflect in the next bill." but they also not credit temporary amount to my card.

Last edited:

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Why don't you do KYC on OlaMoney wallet?

As it would simplify your problem.
My kyc is expired and now olamoney option showing me to do full kyc. Take a ola ride and showing my document to ola cab driver.

Yeh sab faltu k lafde kon karega. Uske baad bhi koi guarantee nahi ki refund credit hoga.

mukundstud

TF Premier
My kyc is expired and now olamoney option showing me to do full kyc. Take a ola ride and showing my document to ola cab driver.

Yeh sab faltu k lafde kon karega. Uske baad bhi koi guarantee nahi ki refund credit hoga.
I understand that doing KYC for OlaMoney Wallet is a hassle. But I think it has become necessary for you as your refund will be processed though Ola Money Wallet only. And as far as I remember, transactions upto Rs.10,000 per month through a PPI do not require Full KYC(https://www.rbi.org.in/scripts/FS_FAQs.aspx?Id=126&fn=9). Have you exceeded that transaction limit?

I recommend to mail pencilton, ola money, and one card one more time, but this time, CCing the mail to RBI Ombudsman also. I also suggest you to complete Ola Money KYC beforehand so as not to give them a chance of replying with an excuse. If they still reject your request, raise the complaint on RBI NBFC Ombudsman portal(cause I think that Partner of Pencilton, Transcorp International is involved in this).

prc1990

TF Legend
Hi, i did one transaction using my SBM bank onecard credit card of Rs2400 on 29th April, 2022.

I try to load money on Pencilton wallet via ola money payment gateway using my SBM bank onecard credit card but my transaction is failed and money debited.

3rd May, 2022, i receive a mail from Ola money, refund receive from Pencilton wallet and refund credit to my credit card.

Onecard team told me to wait 15 bank working days, i also contact olamoney customer support multiple times via email, everytime they replied refund proceed to source card, you will receive the refund within 10 bank working days.

but after few days, onecard credit card team call me and told me merchant refund my amount to my olamoney wallet but my olamoney wallet is non-kyc wallet and impossible to credit to my olamoney wallet.

Onecard team also show me chargeback document where "Pencilton merchant told refund credit to ola money wallet"

and i already told them olamoney wallet is non kyc wallet/inactive wallet and olamoney transaction statement showing refund received and refund credit to my card.

16th June, i shared all my ola money support communication proof, olamoney wallet screenshot etc.

same day 16th june, 2022. Onecard credit card team told me to wait upto 30 days.

I also contact olamoney support via twitter. now they also reply "as per the update from the concerned team we request you to reach out to your bank and reverse the chargeback."

Whenever i contact Payu payment gateway, they replied "As checked with our team, PayU ID – XXXXXXXX, chargeback has been re-presented with the bank in merchant favor basis on documents provided, dated 07-Jun-2022. Please get in touch with the merchant directly for any services or refund issues."

Today, i contact again on Payu gateway for any update but "Hi! As already informed you earlier, chargeback against PayU id XXXXXXXXX is represented in merchant favor to service documents received from them. You need to follow up with your issuing bank or merchant for any further assistance."

Do i need to wait few more days or suggest me any other solution ? OneCard credit card team told me to wait 3 to 4 month., since, Visa is a big multinational company that's why Visa takes 3 to 4 months time to investigate on this matter. OneCard team also told me "We are working on your query and till then we will be adding temporary credit to your account which will reflect in the next bill." but they also not credit temporary amount to my card.
In one my earlier instances, original refund received post 4 months of the temporary credit. Sometimes the refund lies with bank's pool account and this reconciliation may take upto 3-4 months.

ashwink

TF Infinite
TF Family
Sr Moderator

Same thing happened with me via phonepe wallet via Payu pg still not received my refund 😡

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
In one my earlier instances, original refund received post 4 months of the temporary credit. Sometimes the refund lies with bank's pool account and this reconciliation may take upto 3-4 months.
but i check my Payu transaction status, No refund from merchant yet.

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
by the way i am also not receive any temporary credit.

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
@Abhishek012 whenever Refund is Processed to a Credit or Debit Card
ARN(Acquirer Reference Number) is Generated.
If refund is really Processed to Your Credit Card then ask the Payment Gateway or Ola Money Customer Support ARN and then Share ARN with OneCard Customer Support.

If they failed to Provide ARN then Refund is never processed to your Credit Card. Complete OlaMoney KYC, It will be credited to your Ola Money Wallet for sure

If ARN is Generated While Processing a refund then it means Refund is Successfully claimed by Card Issuer and Card Issuer Will Credit the Money to the Respective Card Account as per their Own Timeline.

Just Like IMPS/UPI/NEFT/RTGS Txns have UTR NUMBER , in the Same Way Every Debit or Credit Card Txns Have ARN to track the Txns.

Only Problem is UTR is Available in Bank statements but we have to reach Customer Support team to know the ARN for a Particular Card Txn.

Once My Txn is Failed at Bigbasket but Amount was Claimed by Bigbasket for a Failed Txn I,e, Payment Confirmation not received in Real time at Bigbasket. Then I called Axis Customer Support and Axis Told me Amount was Claimed by Bigbasket and Gave me ARN. I shared ARN with Bigbasket over E-Mail and Bigbasket refunded the Amount.

No hassle of Raising Chargeback

Last edited:

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
I complaint to RBI.

Got my refund within 5 days.
Today, also receive email From OLA -

Greetings for the day!

We understand your concern regarding merchant transaction through OlaMoney wallet.

We would like to inform you that, we received a notification from your bank regarding a transaction that was disputed for non-receipt of goods or services.

However, after a thorough investigation, it was found that an amount of INR 2400 with the reference PayU ID: XXXXXXXX which was tried to pay towards merchant on 29-April-2022 was failed and the refund has been initiated by the merchant to the source account but the same was not credited due to the ongoing dispute on the same.

Moreover, we have received the chargeback dispute on the same PayU ID: XXXXXXXXX and we have accepted the chargeback on 20-June-2022 as we have not provides the services. The amount will be refunded to the source account with in 30 - 45 business days from the date of acceptance as per standard banking procedures.

We value your business and kindly write to us at support@olamoney.com for any further assistance.

Regards,
Ola Financial Services