• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

StanChart Bill payment after no support to BBPS

raghumahajan

TF Select
SC credit card removed from HDFC bill pay, Payzapp, Paytm and SBI Unipay due to BBPS.
What is alternative for paying the bill, preferably via debit card

available in Cheq where you will get 1% Cheq coins which is 0.1Rs i.e. 10paise per 100 (something better than nothing 😄)

On paying via mobikwik, hdfc platinum dc is not giving rewards.
well you should be clear in your requirements. Add that you want reward also in post title and your initial post.
To answer your query, there are no available way to earn any reward on SC bill payment. Those that are available they can help you to quickly pay your SC bill.

Paid Amex and SC bill using cred/mobikwik using SBI DC ~ 0.25 % ( much better than cred coins/2-3rs). Got points as well in 48 working hours. I guess best option after BBPS Saga for non BBPS billers.

They have some upgrade planned august last week. Hopefully, it will be upgrade to bbps

Just received this email. I don't think they are planning on implementing BBPS. Instead, if I am interpreting this email correctly, they are, in fact, regressing by not allowing payments via third-party apps.

Attachments

• 1723804551402.png
    1723804551402.png
    25.3 KB · Views: 31
Just received this email. I don't think they are planning on implementing BBPS. Instead, if I am interpreting this email correctly, they are, in fact, regressing by not allowing payments via third-party apps.
option b in right column looked promising, hence
I checked the link.
Seems like an SC only online bill payment system by them.
Have to test if DC payments allowed or not.

Paid Amex and SC bill using cred/mobikwik using SBI DC ~ 0.25 % ( much better than cred coins/2-3rs). Got points as well in 48 working hours. I guess best option after BBPS Saga for non BBPS billers.
I also paid my SC platinum rewards bill through mobikwik..it is very convinient and fast

option b in right column looked promising, hence
I checked the link.
Seems like an SC only online bill payment system by them.
Have to test if DC payments allowed or not.
Just checked. They are using billdesk, so it has netbanking, debit card and upi. This is a really bad move on their part if it is permanent. First, they increased the minimum cashback needed for redemption from 1k to a whopping 2.5k and now this.

I still made a test payment of 1k last night via CRED to see if they have already blocked out all third-party payments. If it doesn't go through, I am done with StanC.

Just checked. They are using billdesk, so it has netbanking, debit card and upi. This is a really bad move on their part if it is permanent. First, they increased the minimum cashback needed for redemption from 1k to a whopping 2.5k and now this.

I still made a test payment of 1k last night via CRED to see if they have already blocked out all third-party payments. If it doesn't go through, I am done with StanC.
so if I pay by debit card, I can get rewards ?

Got this in email from stanchart. So they will be migrating soon to BBPS it seems.

As you are aware there are multiple methods to make a payment towards your outstanding credit card balance.

One of these methods is through the use of third-party apps like (but not limited to) PhonePe, Google Pay, CRED, Amazon Pay, Paytm and more.

To comply with the recent guidelines issued by Bharat Bill Pay System (BBPS), the Bank is in the process of enabling payments through third-party apps.

In the interim, we would like to inform you that your Standard Chartered Bank credit card payment through such platforms may no longer be supported.

Back