• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Standard Chartered Application processing procedure

Sai Ganesh

TF Premier
I applied for Smart Credit card in online . gave my mobile number and verified the OTP.

Then the application got stuck , then on next day got a call from Sales person from SCB , they asked me to verify few details and do KYC which will come to my mail from Standard Chartered.

Then after 10 min i got an OTP , they asked me to verify that , I have done that also.

After 1 hour , i got the below mail with application number.

Thank you for your interest in 526 - SMARTCREDIT CARD PRIMARY. Your application has been received and review is in progress.

Then after that I got a call from the sales person saying that i will get VKYC mail but I waited for yesterday fully and didn't get it.

Can someone let me know the below 2 things ,

1. Is my application approved , as I came to know from Sales executive if we are eligible only it goes from 1st stage to Aadhar KYC then to VKYC.
  2. Does Standard Chartered does VKYC , if so after how many days we get the VKYC mail from applying?

I had applied for Platinum Rewards credit card through SC website under LTF promotion. I am a new SCB customer. However, head service and PNO have replied that my credit card is chargeable. Customer care on call also confirmed that my credit card is chargeable. Chat support executives are giving vague replies. Some are saying no annual fee and some are saying that it is a paid card. Till now, I have not received any written confirmation from SCB that my credit card is LTF. This bank is the most disgusting & fraud bank I have ever come across.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
I had applied for Platinum Rewards credit card through SC website under LTF promotion. I am a new SCB customer. However, head service and PNO have replied that my credit card is chargeable. Customer care on call also confirmed that my credit card is chargeable. Chat support executives are giving vague replies. Some are saying no annual fee and some are saying that it is a paid card. Till now, I have not received any written confirmation from SCB that my credit card is LTF. This bank is the most disgusting & fraud bank I have ever come across.
Their customer care is very stupid. Even my smart card was FYF, but they kept saying it is chargeable. I got never charged, so I stopped asking them.

helloworld

TF Legend
But I need one written email confirmation as LTF proof for the future reference. What baffles me is how come both PNO and Head Service are equally dumb?

you won't get and if my assumptions correct you won't keep their card more than 2 years without upgrade or close. They responded Ombudsman mail itself after 2 and half months, so assume based on that. I can say yours LTF but even if it is LTF you won't keep this particular card without offers, benefits not much longer.

Riya

TF Ace
Just now applied for SC Card...
filled in all the details and the message was "Congratulations, your card is approved in principal"
Any implications of this line?
do they say this to everyone or is it a step forward towards approval....

Riya

TF Ace
Okay bro, I was just asking in general in this thread. Not specific to your application/post bro..
no, I just thought you have also applied and uploaded some docs....
moreover, e-pan is in slightly grey area I suppose....
recently when I asked Axis guy, if digilocker version would work for verification, since I wasn't carrying it physically, so he said that he needs physical card specifically....
so e-pan might not work

CyberPsych

TF Ace
no, I just thought you have also applied and uploaded some docs....
moreover, e-pan is in slightly grey area I suppose....
recently when I asked Axis guy, if digilocker version would work for verification, since I wasn't carrying it physically, so he said that he needs physical card specifically....
so e-pan might not work
Damn, okay I need to apply for PAN then

gowmara

TF Buzz
Just now applied for SC Card...
filled in all the details and the message was "Congratulations, your card is approved in principal"
Any implications of this line?
do they say this to everyone or is it a step forward towards approval....
Hi
What is the next step ? Did you submitted the document did u get your card