• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Standard Chartered Application processing procedure

Sai Ganesh

TF Premier
I applied for Smart Credit card in online . gave my mobile number and verified the OTP.

Then the application got stuck , then on next day got a call from Sales person from SCB , they asked me to verify few details and do KYC which will come to my mail from Standard Chartered.

Then after 10 min i got an OTP , they asked me to verify that , I have done that also.

After 1 hour , i got the below mail with application number.

Thank you for your interest in 526 - SMARTCREDIT CARD PRIMARY. Your application has been received and review is in progress.

Then after that I got a call from the sales person saying that i will get VKYC mail but I waited for yesterday fully and didn't get it.

Can someone let me know the below 2 things ,

1. Is my application approved , as I came to know from Sales executive if we are eligible only it goes from 1st stage to Aadhar KYC then to VKYC.
  2. Does Standard Chartered does VKYC , if so after how many days we get the VKYC mail from applying?

rejection can happen after this message also "We are delighted to inform you that your application IN2024053000XXXX is VKYC approved." ?
Yes!
Because the message you shared states that your vkyc has been approved which means there were no flaws or errors in your video kyc information But now they'll perform additional verifications and Internal analysis of your application and after completing these steps they'll provide you with final decision

Tip - Don't believe what customer care says because majority of times they come up with inaccurate and inconsistent information

N
Yes. Untill you get last 4 digits of card, nothing can be said regarding Stan Chart
No info nothing. I guess this is rejected with no initimation ( Cant believe this happened with my good credit score . I also have Infinia and Magnus Burgundy ) . Wanted to pay advance taxes via this card

Please suggest an alternative . Should I apply via a referral link or any other card who helps get some cashback for advance tax.

It's better to mail them so that you have in writing whatever they say to use it against them in future if needed
Yes!
Because the message you shared states that your vkyc has been approved which means there were no flaws or errors in your video kyc information But now they'll perform additional verifications and Internal analysis of your application and after completing these steps they'll provide you with final decision

Tip - Don't believe what customer care says because majority of times they come up with inaccurate and inconsistent information

Update: Standard chartered after mailing me several times that my application is rejected due to negative verification also same was confirmed by their executive and chat support,Today unexpectedly i received 4 mails from sc that my credit card account is now active and other mails with sms banking and email statment which indicates that application is approved

Standard chartered support keeps on surprising me once they reject once they approve
did anyone call you for office verification?

did anyone call you for office verification?
Yes they physically verified my office and to my surprise they also asked someone from my office to confirm my info so they also verified my info with office's safety incharge. Agent was at my office for almost 30 mins wasting my time taking pictures and all, which eventually irritated me but the card got approved

Yes they physically verified my office and to my surprise they also asked someone from my office to confirm my info so they also verified my info with office's safety incharge. Agent was at my office for almost 30 mins wasting my time taking pictures and all, which eventually irritated me but the card got approved
After office verification call, how many days did it take to get approval email or SMS? When did you get the confirmation?

Back