• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Suggest me best credit card for train ticket booking.

Rohan

TF Premier
Hi community, I travel in train every 2 - 3 months in AC any tier (Based on available of seat). Tickets cost me around 1k to 3.5k depends on trips and trains. I want to save as much as I can on tickets if possible suggest any method to save on tickets. Also it's okay If I don't get any lounge access in credit card.

I only have groceries, shopping, utilities credit cards...

Last edited:
General Cards: Diners Club Black (~9.9%)
Use SBI Cashback to book from Redus (~5%)
Specific Cards: IRCTC SBI Card Premier (~10% on AC Bookings)
IRCTC SBI Platinum Card (~10% on AC Bookings)
Can you tell me about more general cards for train booking?

PS: SBI cash back card is not providing cash back on tickets booking via amazon.

You can use any HDFC card using HDFC smartbuy
or Use any Rupay card in IRCTC. 0% surcharge and regular rewards.

Can you tell me about more general cards for train booking?

PS: SBI cash back card is not providing cash back on tickets booking via amazon.

I used to face same issue. I didn't got cashback for 2 train ticket booking transactions. But I use this trick order product and and cancel it and take refund into amazon pay balance and book ticket using the amazon pay balance.

You can use any HDFC card using HDFC smartbuy
or Use any Rupay card in IRCTC. 0% surcharge and regular rewards.
I have HDFC Platinum card, Moneyback+, Tata Neu plus. Still do I get 5% cashback on train booking? will it be credited back to card or as a points.

I used to face same issue. I didn't got cashback for 2 train ticket booking transactions. But I use this trick order product and and cancel it and take refund into amazon pay balance and book ticket using the amazon pay balance.
nice trick but I book tickets for more than 40000 rs per month, so this trick cant work for me. Can you please tell me the best suited card for me?

nice trick but I book tickets for more than 40000 rs per month, so this trick cant work for me. Can you please tell me the best suited card for me?
Do you book tatkal tickets or well in advance? If not tatkal, you can buy amazon/mmt/yatra vouchers through gyftr and book through respective website.

Axis magnus is the best card for this. Gives 3x (14.4% as miles) on amazon pay GC, 10x (48% as miles) on mmt and yatra vouchers.

HDFC DCB is another option which gives 3x (9.9% for flight/hotel bookings) when booking via smartbuy.

I think train tickets can't be booked from mmt voucher. Not sure about yatra
I haven't personally tried both mmt and yatra since I usually book through tatkal. Checked in mmt and i can see GC option on payment screen.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230515_214959_MakeMyTrip.jpg
    Screenshot_20230515_214959_MakeMyTrip.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 79
Do you book tatkal tickets or well in advance? If not tatkal, you can buy amazon/mmt/yatra vouchers through gyftr and book through respective website.

Axis magnus is the best card for this. Gives 3x (14.4% as miles) on amazon pay GC, 10x (48% as miles) on mmt and yatra vouchers.

HDFC DCB is another option which gives 3x (9.9% for flight/hotel bookings) when booking via smartbuy.
I book only advance tickets.

I have the following three credit cards mentioned below
1. HDFC MILLENIA CC
2. FLIPKART AXIS CC
3. AMAZON PAY ICICI CC
Kindly suggest to me how to get maximum cashback for booking train tickets.

Amazon may flag and then ban your account for this if you do too much of this. Happened in USA, now they take action very soon if there are some x returns in a year. In India they are little lax right now

Amazon may flag and then ban your account for this if you do too much of this. Happened in USA, now they take action very soon if there are some x returns in a year. In India they are little lax right now
I stopped doing that!! Got better cards. Thanks for the info by the way.

Back