• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Suggest me the best cards from the following banks

the_collector

TF Premier
Hi All,

I'm looking to build my credit card portfolio and this forum has helped me extensively already!

In the same light, I want a card from the following banks ( preferably LTF , since I will be using the cards from these banks purely for offers)

If the card is paid, can you also list the possible benefits?

P.s. I have spends of around 5L/annum and my amex plat travel and SBI cashback card covers almost all my spends. Most of my spends are online.

Here is the list:

1. Standard chartered
2. Yes Bank
3. Federal Bank ( I've been trying for celesta , but the bank rejected saying my pincode is not serviceable -_- , I already have a FI account.)
4. PNB ( Not sure if the Rupay select is worth it and if pnb has any offers)
5. DBS Bank ( is this worth holding?)
6. Canara bank ( again worth holding?)
7. IDBI Bank ( saw some Zomato and swiggy offers? Again not sure if it's worth holding)
8. Citibank ( i still see a lot of offers going around for Citibank cards(mainly flights), are they still issuing cards after the axis merger? If yes, recommendation please.

Please keep in mind all the cards I aim to add to my portfolio is mainly for bank offers and not for daily spends unless one of them provides more value than my existing cards.

TIA

the_collector

TF Premier
Hi All,

I'm looking to build my credit card portfolio and this forum has helped me extensively already!

In the same light, I want a card from the following banks ( preferably LTF , since I will be using the cards from these banks purely for offers)

P.s. I have spends of around 5L/annum and my amex plat travel and SBI cashback card covers almost all my spends. Most of my spends are online.

Here is the list:

1. Standard chartered
2. Yes Bank
3. Federal Bank ( I've been trying for celesta , but the bank rejected saying my pincode is not serviceable -_- , I already have a FI account.)
7. IDBI Bank ( saw some Zomato and swiggy offers? Again not sure if it's worth holding)
8. Citibank ( i still see a lot of offers going around for Citibank cards(mainly flights), are they still issuing cards after the axis merger? If yes, recommendation please.

Please keep in mind all the cards I aim to add to my portfolio is mainly for bank offers and not for daily spends unless one of them provides more value than my existing cards.

TIA
@D₹V , I wish the laughing emoji would help with my query😂🙌

FinoGuy

TF Ace
It is very difficult to suggest "best" card. What's best for me may not be for you... Let me try anyways..

1. Standard chartered:ultimate > smartearn
2. Yes Bank: marquee
3. Federal Bank :try celesta or take anyone, they're all pretty much same!
4. PNB: Rupay select >platinum
5. DBS Bank ( is this worth holding?): NOT AWARE
6. Canara bank check out rupay select (paid)
7. IDBI Bank ( saw some Zomato and swiggy offers? Again not sure if it's worth holding):NO
8. Citibank.
You can get any card LTF, some are easy some are difficult to get LTF. Nothing is impossible!

Out of list :
  1. Axis Atlas
  2. HDFC dcb metal /Infinia
  3. HSBC Cashback
  4. AU zenith or LIT

D₹V

TF Prestige
@D₹V , I wish the laughing emoji would help with my query😂🙌
I laughed because of this 🤣👇
DBS Bank ( is this worth holding?)
& This
Please keep in mind all the cards I aim to add to my portfolio is mainly for bank offers and not for daily spends
Even if you want to get cards for offers only, you'll need to pay annual fees then you'll say it's not worth 💀.

Or you'll have to manufacture spends 🗿.

the_collector

TF Premier
It is very difficult to suggest "best" card. What's best for me may not be for you... Let me try anyways..

7. IDBI Bank ( saw some Zomato and swiggy offers? Again not sure if it's worth holding):NO
8. Citibank.
You can get any card LTF, some are easy some are difficult to get LTF. Nothing is impossible!

Out of list :
  1. Axis Atlas
  3. HSBC Cashback
  4. AU zenith or LIT
Thanks for this,

As I said, the main goal is to try and secure a LTF card to get offers.

Amongst the ones you mentioned, yes marquee and celesta are already on my list. Yes marquee is probably the only card I'd pay a fee for because of the benefits it offers.

Afaik, yes marquee is really difficult to get as LTF, so is with other yes Bank cards ( you can only through agent?)

And as for canara bank, do they push out enough offers to justify a paid card? By offers I specifically mean, flights, online shopping, online ordering and travel.

I already hold hsbc platinum and AU LIT for offers so the cashback or Zenith isn't a priority right now ( maybe an upgrade in the future)

the_collector

TF Premier
I laughed because of this 🤣👇

& This

Even if you want to get cards for offers only, you'll need to pay annual fees then you'll say it's not worth 💀.

Or you'll have to manufacture spends 🗿.
Haha, I casually come across offers from these banks and wonder if it's worth holding their cards.

As I said , I hold most mainstream Bank cards and I'm looking to extract max value from every transaction I make.

Also, I agree , if I have to pay fees for a card that's going to lie unused, I definitely would say it's not worth. That's why I was looking for lifetime free cards from these banks, I believe no harm in holding them and they can be used for those occasional offers.

I was hoping the banks I mentioned above would have some lifetime free offering that I can chase, Ive had a bad experience applying for PSU Bank cards and that's why I'm not quite sure of what's out there.

I assume that DBS AND CANARA ARE USELESS? 🙈

sjmajumder

TF Ace

8. Citibank.

Out of list :
  1. Axis Atlas
  3. HSBC Cashback
  4. AU zenith or LIT

Is it possible to get Yes Marquee LTF?

the_collector

TF Premier
My honest opinion, quite a lot garbage here in the list .
List down your main requirements, then we can suggest
As I said, my main spends are covered on the cards I already hold.

I'm specifically looking to get new cards now for bank offers.

That's why I specified LTF for the banks listed as I won't use these cards for my daily spends but only when a bank offers comes ( for eg, flight or swiggy)

My main spends revolve around shopping ( online mostly, Myntra, flipkart, Amazon etc), travel ( flights + stay , mostly booked through travel portals) , dining ( outside + swiggy and Zomato) and insurance.

As for existing cards I hold, here are a few that might help ( if I can apply through c2c):

1. Icici - 4.2L limit across 3 cards
2. Idfc wealth - 5L
3. Amex plat travel - 3L
4. SBI cashback - 1.4L

Many others with significantly lower limits

At the end of it, I want to maximise as much discount as I can get from every transaction :D

the_collector

TF Premier
For citibank try for IKEA family citibank card which is Ltf. It is only available at IKEA stores.
Is this worth it? I don't see any benefits at all and more importantly I'm not sure if this card will work for the ongoing Citibank offers.

The merger is set to complete in mid 2024, will Citibank offers still be there post that?

Reactions: SSV

pavan000

TF Premier
Is this worth it? I don't see any benefits at all and more importantly I'm not sure if this card will work for the ongoing Citibank offers.

The merger is set to complete in mid 2024, will Citibank offers still be there post that?
Yes. This card works for all citibank offers. Confirmed on amazon.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Is it possible to get Yes Marquee LTF?
Be the leader !!
Okay coming back to your question...of Marquee as LTF.. it is not LTF but

Marquee is 4YF..

To see more , check this post amd also the first post this thread to see the complete review of Marquee amd post your Marquee questions there...

Post in thread 'Yes Bank MARQUEE Credit Card launched - Features & Benefits | Full Details' https://www.technofino.in/community...tures-benefits-full-details.22261/post-537119

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hi All,

Here is the list:

1. Standard chartered
2. Yes Bank

TIA
As I said, my main spends are covered on the cards I already hold.

I'm specifically looking to get new cards now for bank offers.

That's why I specified LTF for the banks listed as I won't use these cards for my daily spends but only when a bank offers comes ( for eg, flight or swiggy)

My main spends revolve around shopping ( online mostly, Myntra, flipkart, Amazon etc), travel ( flights + stay , mostly booked through travel portals) , dining ( outside + swiggy and Zomato) and insurance.

As for existing cards I hold, here are a few that might help ( if I can apply through c2c):

1. Icici - 4.2L limit across 3 cards
2. Idfc wealth - 5L
3. Amex plat travel - 3L
4. SBI cashback - 1.4L

Many others with significantly lower limits

At the end of it, I want to maximise as much discount as I can get from every transaction :D

1) Standard Chartered- Platinum card LTF
2) Yes Bank- try to get Reserv as LTF , it's possible with some extra effort
3)Federal- ignore
4)PNB - ignore
5)DBS - not sure why you even thought about it, hence safely bypass
6)canara - see above point 5
7)Idbi - see above point 5 & 6
8)Citi- as our friends said , you can try thru IKEA. But I wouldn't.

Rest later