• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Suggest me Zero Balance SB Account with LTF Debit Card (Except 811, BoB)

tuhin

TF Premier
Hi Members,

Can anyone please suggest me one Zero Balance SB account with LTF Debit Card (Zero Cost Annual/Issuance) except Kotak 811 or BOB. I am already using Kotak 811 & I had an account in BOB earlier so I couldn't able to open BoB B3 account. Please suggest the list.

Thanks

If you can provide 5 Lacs of initial funding to ICICI, they will open their best account : ICICI Wealth 3-in-1 account (That's what they call it) for you.
This account claims to provide everything free and with 0 MAB.

TIP: Make sure to ask for "Non Instant" kit so that you get a free leather cheque book holder along with it.
Does this account have or not have annual demat charges? Or the same charges as this apply? https://www.icicidirect.com/ilearn/...-to-know-about-demat-account-fees-and-charges

Last edited:
1)3 in 1?demat also free.?
2)Will a check if 5L be notified to IT?
3) non instant meaning personalised.?
Demat free -> No (Unless you work in that bank)
Banking as free as it can get.

From what little I know, a cash Deposit of High amounts certainly catches IT. Most likely if you can show that you took an unsecured loan from someone to open that account via cheque and returned him back in cheque / online transaction than it should be fine. Please consult a CA on this though.

non-instant will be personalized. Cheques will have your name. But will take 5-7 working days to arrive.
-----

Does this account have or not have annual demat charges? Or the same charges as this apply? https://www.icicidirect.com/ilearn/...-to-know-about-demat-account-fees-and-charges
Same charges apply.

Only au digital account is useful.... Nothing else.... Just get the account.... And rupay platinum card.... If u want.. There are better banks to put 1 lakh and about amount
Mostly, I do not regret giving 2 Lacs to HDFC savings account as I believe that increases my NRV with the bank which paves the path to multiple credit card offers.
Another thing is that everyone should maintain some amount of Emergency fund that remains untouched unless there is an emergency. So you may use HDFC bank to carry that emergency fund.. just a suggestion.
Another tip here is that if multiple accounts are linked with your customer ID in HDFC under family banking, then all of them together need to maintain that minimum balance.
Considering example of HDFC Preffered account that has no stupid charges like IMPS/SMS etc, if 4 of your family members are linked with you, then min MAB reduces to just 50,000Rs per account.

It depends person to person. If you are happy with 0 balance, then there are plenty of bank account variants.

Soon enough they will be offering Infinia to me. Let's see if there be an charges discounted.

Total 4 types of SBI RuPay Platinum debit card available -

1) SBI RuPay JCB Platinum - card code - "RPJ"
2) SBI Indianoil RuPay Platinum - card code - "IRP"
3) SBI RuPay domestic Platinum (Silver color) - "REP" or i think new code is "ERP"
4) SBI RuPay Platinum Salary card for salary account holders only - card code - "PRS"

@Rahul Gupta
How do you online apply for one of these cards if you have a SBI Savings Account?

Virtual Card is there, hence free. I will not do any atm transaction, only I need an account for my secondary mobile number for upi
If you want an account for a secondary sim for UPI, you can opt for network provider based account, both Jio and Airtel have it, it zero balance and ltf digital card. I have both separately for both my numbers and works like a charm

Back