• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Suggest way to get Infinia Upgrade from DCB

ankitk962

TF Buzz
I was holding DCB since 2019. I used it extensively (8-10 lakhs every year). After getting Magnus, all the spends shifted there. In August, amid the Axis devaluation, I mailed HDFC grievance redressal that I am unable to use DCB at many places and transactions of approx ₹1,00,000 had to be done on other cards. I requested them to upgrade to Infinia LTF. They denied it. Then, I sent the mail to PNO. From them I got the response that they can upgrade my DCB to Infinia FYF. Received the upgraded card in 2 weeks. I have a savings account with HDFC maintaining just MAB of ₹2500.

adi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
How you got dcb without spending.
I hold regalia with 500k+ limit asked hdfc cc for upgrade to dcb but they are giving regalia gold🥲

TF Premier
I was holding DCB since 2019. I used it extensively (8-10 lakhs every year). After getting Magnus, all the spends shifted there. In August, amid the Axis devaluation, I mailed HDFC grievance redressal that I am unable to use DCB at many places and transactions of approx ₹1,00,000 had to be done on other cards. I requested them to upgrade to Infinia LTF. They denied it. Then, I sent the mail to PNO. From them I got the response that they can upgrade my DCB to Infinia FYF. Received the upgraded card in 2 weeks. I have a savings account with HDFC maintaining just MAB of ₹2500.
What was the limit on DCB when you requested for Infinia? I had tried the same but HDFC denied. Escalations didn't work

Pravas

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Team need some input on what is the chance of approval on upgrade to infinia
1. Having LTF DCB with 8 Lakh credit limit
2. Spend about 4.5L in past 3 months
3. More than enough income for infinia

I was thinking about sending a mail to priority redressal stating that I have few big ticket purchase coming up at hometown due to house renovation but can't use my card as DCB is not supported for merchant swipe.

I more thing I have recently opened a savings max account having a good balance ~10L ( emergency fund + trading fund). Not sure if this can be used as a leverage while sending the email for upgrade.

Let me know what do think about probability of approval of infinia upgrade.

Thanks in advancem

V360

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge

I was thinking about sending a mail to priority redressal stating that I have few big ticket purchase coming up at hometown due to house renovation but can't use my card as DCB is not supported for merchant swipe.

I more thing I have recently opened a savings max account having a good balance ~10L ( emergency fund + trading fund). Not sure if this can be used as a leverage while sending the email for upgrade.

Thanks in advancem
You will get the approval easily - drop a nice note to PNO.

Bugs Bunny

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

Thanks in advancem
Cakewalk. They'll even give ltf provided you add some more funds.

dexter_greycells

TF Premier
DCB and Infinia are rather similar cards and both have their pros.

- The pro for DCB is the 80k monthly milestone rewards, 2X RPs on dining and annual fee waiver on spends of 5L (That's immaterial for you since you have it LTF). Too much noise is made about DCB's acceptance which isn't that big of an issue.
- The pro for Infinia is a higher daily/monthly bonus RP threshold on HDFC SmartBuy portal, 5X RPs v/s 3X RPs for Gyftr vouchers and no extra surcharge on fuel unlike DCB.

It all depends on your usage. For some people, Infinia may in fact be a downgrade over DCB despite being the supposedly more premium card.

Last edited:

sv004

TF Premier
DCB and Infinia are rather similar cards and both have their pros.

- The pro for DCB is the 80k monthly milestone rewards, 2X RPs on dining and annual fee waiver on spends of 5L (I that's immaterial for you since you have it LTF). Too much noise is made about DCB's acceptance which isn't that big of an issue.
- The pro for Infinia is a higher daily/monthly bonus RP threshold on HDFC SmartBuy portal, 5X RPs v/s 3X RPs for Gyftr vouchers and no extra surcharge on fuel unlike DCB.

It all depends on your usage. For some people, Infinia may in fact be a downgrade over DCB despite being the supposedly more premium card.
Acceptance issue of dcb is real. At many offline and online its not accepted. But no problem at e commerce sites. Also tap and pay never works in diners

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

Thanks in advancem
Try emailing. If they refuse spend some more (7.5L in 6 months is good enough) and then retry.

If you have patience, once they approve, try to get it ltf or lower threshold fees waiver (5L) instead of 10L