• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Suggestion for Lumpsum expenses on Dining

nirmalya

TF Select
Hello All,

There will be an office party in Oct with around 20-25 people and I am estimating the cost would be around 25k-30k. We have a specific cuisine in mind so we are not going to BBQ or similar outlet. We have selected a specific restaurant and asked them about Eazydiner and Swiggy Dineout as an payment option. They have confirmed that it would be applicable on Ala-Carte items not on buffet. So, obviously with so many people we are going to have buffet and will be paying via credit card by doing POS transaction.

My current credit card portfolio:
HDFC Regalia First
HDFC Tata Neu
HDFC Swiggy
ICICI Coral Visa & Rupay
ICICI Amazon Pay
Axis Myzone
Axis Airtel
Axis ACE
SBI SimplyClick
BOB Select
BOB Snapdeal
Indusind Legend
Indusind Eazydiner
AU Zenith
Yes Rupay Virtual
Yes ACE
Kotak League Platinum Rupay
IDFC First Millennia
RBL Platinum Delight
Federal Scapia
SBM One Card
HSBC Platinum
SCB Smart
SCB Ultimate
HSBC Live+ Add-on

I know AU Zenith provides 4%-5%, HSBC Live+ provides 10% upto 1k. If the accept split payment, I will pay 10k from Live+ and the remaining amount from Zenith.

Do you think there could be any better way to spend in this case to earn more reward/cashback considering my current portfolio? Then kindly suggest.

Ask them to provide any link or payment gateway!!
I doubt that would be possible. They would rather give me a QR code to scan and pay, if I am not doing a POS transaction. Also, I don't have SBI cashback card, I have tried applying it so many times but each time faced with a rejection. SBI Card is adament about not to issue this card for me.

Hotels usually accept split payments. So do 10k via hsbc and remaining via zenith. You have already given the solution. Thats the best possible outcome if hotel is not accepting via easydiner or dineout

Hello All,

There will be an office party in Oct with around 20-25 people and I am estimating the cost would be around 25k-30k. We have a specific cuisine in mind so we are not going to BBQ or similar outlet. We have selected a specific restaurant and asked them about Eazydiner and Swiggy Dineout as an payment option. They have confirmed that it would be applicable on Ala-Carte items not on buffet. So, obviously with so many people we are going to have buffet and will be paying via credit card by doing POS transaction.

HDFC Regalia First
HDFC Tata Neu
HDFC Swiggy
ICICI Coral Visa & Rupay
ICICI Amazon Pay
Axis Myzone
Axis Airtel
Axis ACE
SBI SimplyClick
BOB Select
BOB Snapdeal
Indusind Legend
Indusind Eazydiner
AU Zenith
Yes Rupay Virtual
Yes ACE
IDFC First Millennia
RBL Platinum Delight
Federal Scapia
SBM One Card
HSBC Platinum
SCB Smart
SCB Ultimate
HSBC Live+ Add-on

I know AU Zenith provides 4%-5%, HSBC Live+ provides 10% upto 1k. If the accept split payment, I will pay 10k from Live+ and the remaining amount from Zenith.

Do you think there could be any better way to spend in this case to earn more reward/cashback considering my current portfolio? Then kindly suggest.
Credit card ka poora "buffet" hain aapke pass.

Firstly, try and negotiate a direct discount of 10 to 30% from them as you are bringing them a lot of business. Tell them to give you a discount if you guys pay via cash or UPI instead of Zomato and Swiggy. Many restaurants agree. Otherwise, see if you can pay via Swiggy or Zomato and add balance in A Pay via some vouchers.
Thanks for the sugeestion will try to negotiate them for a direct discount.

Hello All,

HDFC Regalia First
HDFC Tata Neu
HDFC Swiggy
ICICI Coral Visa & Rupay
ICICI Amazon Pay
Axis Myzone
Axis Airtel
Axis ACE
SBI SimplyClick
BOB Select
BOB Snapdeal
Indusind Legend
Indusind Eazydiner
AU Zenith
Yes Rupay Virtual
Yes ACE
IDFC First Millennia
RBL Platinum Delight
Federal Scapia
SBM One Card
HSBC Platinum
SCB Smart
SCB Ultimate
HSBC Live+ Add-on

The option of not allowing buffet thru eazydiner/dineout seems fishy.. Maybe check on eazydiner app if buffet option showing for that particular restaurant or call them from a different number and get confirmation for just few people if eazydiner/dineout possible for buffet (if they confirm then convince for 25 people) ..

Our group of 16 people had gone to global fusion for buffet and we convinced them to spilt into 8 bills and we made 8 Eazydiner payments each getting 800-1000 off depending on the Axis card variant..

The option of not allowing buffet thru eazydiner/dineout seems fishy.. Maybe check on eazydiner app if buffet option showing for that particular restaurant or call them from a different number and get confirmation for just few people if eazydiner/dineout possible for buffet (if they confirm then convince for 25 people) ..

Our group of 16 people had gone to global fusion for buffet and we convinced them to spilt into 8 bills and we made 8 Eazydiner payments each getting 800-1000 off depending on the Axis card variant..
Check this screenshot they even print this out specifically to notify that they will not accept Eazydiner Or Swiggy Dineout for buffet. They are pretty adament about it. 😂

I have tried with different number earlier the response was same. However, I previously had booked Ala Carte then made payment via Eazydiner. For some reason they have made this policy for buffet. Anyways I will try to negotiate them for a discount for 25 people.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240907-174445.webp
    Screenshot_20240907-174445.webp
    144.7 KB · Views: 15
Check this screenshot they even print this out specifically to notify that they will not accept Eazydiner Or Swiggy Dineout for buffet. They are pretty adament about it. 😂

I have tried with different number earlier the response was same. However, I previously had booked Ala Carte then made payment via Eazydiner. For some reason they have made this policy for buffet. Anyways I will try to negotiate them for a discount for 25 people.
wow.. they seem pretty adamant on that.. so yea best option is to try for bulk discount (y)

Back