• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Suggest me a credit card for expenses of 20k Amazon pay voucher monthly

Googix

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Already have DCB, IDFC Vistara and Magnus which will expire on Feb 2024. Unwilling to pay the 2.5% + GST convenience fees when i buy with Gyftr DCB. Have plans already for IDFC Vistara. So suggest me a good credit card.

HDFC won't give me Infinia upgrade so that is out of the question. Have looked into Amex trio and feels MRCC will work out good for me with renewal fee benefit and all. Not sure if SBI cashback will give 5% for apay vouchers. Aside from this any other cards i should look at?

sousnake

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Already have DCB, IDFC Vistara and Magnus which will expire on Feb 2024. Unwilling to pay the 2.5% + GST convenience fees when i buy with Gyftr DCB. Have plans already for IDFC Vistara. So suggest me a good credit card.

HDFC won't give me Infinia upgrade so that is out of the question. Have looked into Amex trio and feels MRCC will work out good for me with renewal fee benefit and all. Not sure if SBI cashback will give 5% for apay vouchers. Aside from this any other cards i should look at?
MRCC is a good option. You can do 5k * 4 apay voucher, you get - 2800 RP (via AMEX rewards multiplier).
Value of RP - 0.38 (if you redeem 7k amazon pay for 18k RP in gold collection)

thakur9843

TF Buzz
You asked specifically about amazon voucher and you don't want to pay convience fee, for amazon voucher at gyftr,
And yes sbi cashback card was giving 5% on amazon voucher some months ago, but not now,

But i have a better suggestion,
You can go for one card this card is just LTF and awesome , and gives time to time 5% (4%+1%),on amazon voucher and flipkart and so on, (for myntra it was giving 8% but it is not for now)

I have earned 2 lakh reward point, till now ,.and the best part is this card never disappoint you in services ,

Like most of the card which get blocked.due to transaction on same merchnat

I am seeing this offer regular for past 2 3 months, and atleast 3% (2%+1%) is available whole month and 5% (4%+1%) on month starting ,

The 4% is you get instant just after purchasing Voucher
I.e you will get for purchase of 100 you get 40 reward points = 4rs

And 1% at months end (if you spend on 3 categories ) you will get 5X rewards on 2 most spend category ,

5x reward point = 1% ( 5X reward will apply to the purchase of whole month once you unlock it by spending on atleast 3 categories (no minimum order pretty easy just look on you tube)

Here is invite link
Refer code- REKHA185
A
You asked specifically about amazon voucher and you don't want to pay convience fee, for amazon voucher at gyftr,
And yes sbi cashback card was giving 5% on amazon voucher some months ago, but not now,

You can go for one card this card is just LTF and awesome , and gives time to time 5% (4%+1%),on amazon voucher and flipkart and so on, (for myntra it was giving 8% but it is not for now)

I have earned 2 lakh reward point, till now ,.and the best part is this card never disappoint you in services ,

I am seeing this offer regular for past 2 3 months, and atleast 3% (2%+1%) is available whole month and 5% (4%+1%) on month starting ,

And 1% at months end (if you spend on 3 categories ) you will get 5X rewards on 2 most spend category ,

5x reward point = 1% ( 5X reward will apply to the purchase of whole month once you unlock it by spending on atleast 3 categories (no minimum order pretty easy just look on you tube)

Here is invite link
Refer code- REKHA185

And as a bonus you can do cc to bank atleast one a month for free using cred , as it gives cashback for that also. You can check you tube how to avail it.

+

5% on Paytm and cred bill payment cap is 40rs per transaction

sousnake

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
A

And as a bonus you can do cc to bank atleast one a month for free using cred , as it gives cashback for that also. You can check you tube how to avail it.

+

Many people including myself has problem in getting one card (got rejected). Seems like they are only giving in case of fd backed & not based on cibil.

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge

Here is invite link
Refer code- REKHA185
@Dhruvit.S
kindly have a look at this

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

Amex Platinum Travel. Buy via Gyftr upto 25K per month. It covers upto 3L per year. Manage another 1L somewhere and you hit 4L milestone for best reward rate on this card

thakur9843

TF Buzz
Many people including myself has problem in getting one card (got rejected). Seems like they are only giving in case of fd backed & not based on cibil.
If you have any other card of fedral bank you won't get one card or scapia, on that cibil profile,

mine got rejected as I own fedral bank credit card

I got it with my mother cibil , who only has Amazon pay later and Airtel freecharge reported on cibil,
I.e newbie don't have any problem getting it

Also if you closed their fd backed card, then also you won't get the card,

The best way is to , get a newbie cibil with 730+ , and apply the card, you will get it.

Also there is no harm in owning fd backed card , as they don't have limit on the amount you can credit on your card,
Use it like a prepaid card of availing offers

Like I do, purchase gift card for flipkart and amazon , and do business use(you know what I mean)

This saves me from getting my amazon ICICI and flipkart axis getting blocked , 😅

vm999

TF Select
You can try MRCC or Gold charge card. You can get bonus points from reward multiplier and also for completing monthly milestones.

Googix

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Amex Platinum Travel. Buy via Gyftr upto 25K per month. It covers upto 3L per year. Manage another 1L somewhere and you hit 4L milestone for best reward rate on this card
As i see, MRCC has renewal benefits but plat travel we have to pay the fees right?

Googix

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
MRCC is a good option. You can do 5k * 4 apay voucher, you get - 2800 RP (via AMEX rewards multiplier).
Value of RP - 0.38 (if you redeem 7k amazon pay for 18k RP in gold collection)
Have u converted to marriot points? whats the value we get for a 1 marriot point

Googix

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
A

+

I need specifically for amazon pay balance vouchers and looking for consistent rewards and not based on offers. also 3% + 1% seems to be low right

helloworld

TF Legend

You're ok for SBI Cashback 5%, MRCC at 6% but not DCB at 7% even after paying 2.5%+GST..?

It seems like your requirement is different.

Googix

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
You're ok for SBI Cashback 5%, MRCC at 6% but not DCB at 7% even after paying 2.5%+GST..?

Don't want to pay additional cost to get 20k vouchers. Which is why looking for alternatives

Googix

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

HDFC has made u guys normalize such behavior where you are willing to pay convenience fees to get vouchers!

helloworld

TF Legend
HDFC has made u guys normalize such behavior where you are willing to pay convenience fees to get vouchers!

I agree with your POV but just understand below two points and calculate yourself, applies when you paying Convenience fee, packing fee, order fee, platform fee, fulfillment fee, secure packing fee, sale price fee, booking fee etc. at the end of the day we have to calculate our return and see if it is still beneficial or not, if not we shouldn't use that service anymore.

1. What price you usually pay (any platform - best available price)?
2. Effective value you're paying for that product (after deducting all discounts, convenience fees etc.)?

Ex:

You have to purchase 20k amazon voucher. Not sure any platform giving any discounts, If anywhere it got reduced use that price below

My assumption, Price of the product: 20,000

Now, we're looking for discount to reduce this price using several of our cards..

CARD A: 5% cashback
CARD B: 6% rewards
CARD C: 9.99% reward rate - 2.95% convenience fee = 7.04%

End of day, I use CARD C because effectively I'm getting 1% extra even with convenience fee.

When they increase that convenience fee, and CARD C = CARD B then I'll use CARD B. Because, after all I need best offer for that product with little effort.

I'm trying to stop using AJIO, Flipkart, Swiggy because of these extra charges because they think we normalized these additional fees and with those I'm not getting effective value. If same applies to you, go with CARD B. But as long as CARD C gives 1% extra, I prefer to use that.

Actually, if you say HDFC makes me strech budget to 300Rs. extra even though they provide equal reward points, this is burden to me. Then you can definitely stop using CARD C. Whatever feels right to you, its your money - sharing just my opinion.

Contd.. below

Last edited:

gamersgzb

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I agree with your POV but just understand below two points and calculate yourself that whether you're paying Convenience fee, packing fee, order fee, platform fee, fulfillment fee, secure packing fee, sale price fee, booking fee etc. or not, at the end of the day we have to calculate our return and see if it is still beneficial or not, if not we shouldn't use that product anymore).

1. What price you usually pay (any platform - best available price)?
2. Effective value you're paying for that product (after deducting all discounts, convenience fees etc.)?

Ex:

You have to purchase 20k amazon voucher. Not sure any platform giving any discounts, so effectively you're paying 20k for that product using any card. Correct me if I'm wrong here.. (any place like Gyftr, Amzn, Reward Multiplier etc. If anywhere it got reduced use that price)

My assumption, Price of the product: 20,000

Now, we're looking for discount to reduce this price using several of our cards..

CARD A: 5% cashback
CARD B: 6% rewards
CARD C: 9.99% reward rate - 2.95% convenience fee = 7.04%

End of day, I use CARD C because effectively I'm getting 1% extra even with convenience fee.

When they increase that convenience fee, and CARD C = CARD B then I'll use CARD B. Because, after all I need best offer for that product with little effort.

I'm trying to stop using AJIO, Flipkart, Swiggy because of these extra charges because they think we normalized these additional fees and with those I'm not getting effective value. If same applies to you, go with CARD B. But as long as CARD C gives 1% extra, I prefer to use that.

Actually, if you say HDFC makes me strech budget to 300Rs. extra even though they provide equal reward points, this is burden to me. Then you can definitely stop using CARD C. Whatever feels right to you, its your money - sharing just my opinion.
I will always prefer card A as it is cashback.. as card c will be 7.04% when it's used for booking hotel or flight and card A directly gives cashback in card statement..

helloworld

TF Legend
I will always prefer card A as it is cashback.. as card c will be 7.04% when it's used for booking hotel or flight and card A directly gives cashback in card statement..

my point assumed person has cards based on their preferred redemption only. Now, trying to get effective value based on that redemption, that person ok with any mode of redemption as long as it gives best value***.

If person applied card C means their use case should be in that category. I always suggest and still asking when someone ask for suggest me CC, choose based on redemption, and then categories you spend.

Redemption three types:

- Cashback
- Vouchers
- Points transfer / Booking flights or hotels

Then shortlist the cards and pick best one providing on your spend categories.

Above case, person has all three cards. If they don't have third card or don't want to use, then that card not needed for them actually or its upto them whether to include or not. But I hope you understand, overall concept of effective price here based on preferred redemption, that is the actual reasoning.. same applies even if all three all cashback cards.

Which one you pick (all are cashback cards or your preferred mode of redemption)?

Card A: 5% cashback
Card B: 5% + 1% = 6% cashback (platform benefit, assume)
Card C: 10% - 3% = 7% cashback (convenience fee, assume)

Will you pick the Card C or discard saying 'they're asking convenience fee'?

Last edited: