• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Suggestions needed for Android apps to store Credit Card details digitally

Rishabh

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello Guys,

I need suggestions about reliable apps available for Android to store Credit Card details digitally on the mobile.
Apps shall support good level of security and encryption, and offline only apps if available any.

Couple of apps I have tried in last 2 days but notb100% satisfactory.
1. Folio - OCR supported, works on image capture of card to populate details automatically
2. Secure Card - Simple to use app, support manual entry of card details but very limited features

I am sure this community people might be aware of better apps to serve the purpose.
With the increasing number of credit cards someday evryone will require digital storage of Credit cards to avoid carrying physical cards at every place.

visvin

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Use the Contacts app!
Add the card no. in the 'phone no.' place. Click on Lable for that no. -> select custom and add rest of the card details i.e. exp and CVV.
This way it will be backed up too.
In fact I use contacts app to store all my login credentials for numerous sites (they are hashed out partially so I can understand what is the password but no one else will by looking as it. For e.g. save Password@12 as P***w***@#2

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hello Guys,

I need suggestions about reliable apps available for Android to store Credit Card details digitally on the mobile.
Apps shall support good level of security and encryption, and offline only apps if available any.

Couple of apps I have tried in last 2 days but notb100% satisfactory.
1. Folio - OCR supported, works on image capture of card to populate details automatically
2. Secure Card - Simple to use app, support manual entry of card details but very limited features

I am sure this community people might be aware of better apps to serve the purpose.
With the increasing number of credit cards someday evryone will require digital storage of Credit cards to avoid carrying physical cards at every place.
Use Bitwarden

Rishabh

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Use the Contacts app!
Add the card no. in the 'phone no.' place. Click on Lable for that no. -> select custom and add rest of the card details i.e. exp and CVV.
This way it will be backed up too.
In fact I use contacts app to store all my login credentials for numerous sites (they are hashed out partially so I can understand what is the password but no one else will by looking as it. For e.g. save Password@12 as P***w***@#2
But I think this option is very risky assuming many apps access your Contacts like UPI apps, etc and they will get your card details from contact card via sync.

Last edited:

akshayhs

TF Ace
Any reputable password manangers offer more than just password storage. For example, I use 1Password and it is a great software for storing sensitive credentials. Freemium alternatives are BitWarden.

WhoU

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Please don’t store your card information in notes/texts. If at all this gets in wrong hands (phone stolen, etc) you’ll be in big trouble.

And definitely not in google sheets which will mostly create an online copy which you might give access to someone by mistake.

Please consider some room for human error before doing such risky things.

Reactions: TKG