• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Suggestions needed for Android apps to store Credit Card details digitally

Rishabh

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello Guys,

I need suggestions about reliable apps available for Android to store Credit Card details digitally on the mobile.
Apps shall support good level of security and encryption, and offline only apps if available any.

Couple of apps I have tried in last 2 days but notb100% satisfactory.
1. Folio - OCR supported, works on image capture of card to populate details automatically
2. Secure Card - Simple to use app, support manual entry of card details but very limited features

I am sure this community people might be aware of better apps to serve the purpose.
With the increasing number of credit cards someday evryone will require digital storage of Credit cards to avoid carrying physical cards at every place.

Any reputable password manangers offer more than just password storage. For example, I use 1Password and it is a great software for storing sensitive credentials. Freemium alternatives are BitWarden.
1Password vs BitWarden? Which one and why? Are there any tool like that based on blockchain? Being lazy, I was just using Evernote in coded form.

1Password vs BitWarden? Which one and why? Are there any tool like that based on blockchain? Being lazy, I was just using Evernote in coded form.
I'd personally go with 1Password if you can spend 35$ yearly. I have used both and stuck to 1password. But BitWarden can also be used free or 12$ yearly if you want other features as well.

I am personally not too concerned with 1Password being a cloud service. If that's something you are concerned about, then you only have BitWarden to go for. I had used Lastpass for 4 years before it was bought and the quality of protection went down. I dabbled between 1Password and BitWarden before inally settling on one, two year back.

I'd personally go with 1Password if you can spend 35$ yearly. I have used both and stuck to 1password. But BitWarden can also be used free or 12$ yearly if you want other features as well.

I am personally not too concerned with 1Password being a cloud service. If that's something you are concerned about, then you only have BitWarden to go for. I had used Lastpass for 4 years before it was bought and the quality of protection went down. I dabbled between 1Password and BitWarden before inally settling on one, two year back.
Bitwarden is cloud based too.

You can create a local Docker container and have it run locally to host your BitWarden vault. So there's that. Sure, that's an advanced use case but you can
Bruh. Here people are talking about storing their passwords in notes and excel sheets 😂 If the guy had any technical knowhow on how to self host Bitwarden he wouldn’t even ask here 😂 Anyways cloud based is safe too.

Lastpass was one of best password manager but still got hacked. I don't think any password manger is safe.

Use goiogle photos, take a photo of the card in scan mode of the camera for better clarity (if not available by default use any other apps that are there for the purpose) or make a note of the card details in google notes or anywhere and take a screenshot.

For security move these photos/screenshots to locked folder so that you can access it only with biometric in case of mobile, if in laptop/browser it asks for password.

I was using Lastpass since long long back (since when Firefox used to be more popular than Chrome). Have recently switched to Bitwarden.
The thing with these password managers, even though they store the data on the cloud, is the level of encryption. So even if someone gets access to the vault (containing the passwords or card details), they won't be able to read it unless they know the master password. Hence it is extremely important to have a strong master password in these password managers. And definitely it is safer than taking photos and storing locally unless you are actually encrypting it.

Back