• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Taj Epicure Membership Is it worth it?

abhiver

TF Premier
Hi @hrish88,

I forgot to reply back to on this thread after my trip.

It was an awesome experience at Taj Madikeri. I had booked for 2 nights using Epicure Membership.

They have 5 restaurants there, out of I would recommend you to must try Poolside Grill (need to reserve the table in advance) and try Dal Makhni & Lahori Naan (if you are vegetarian)

Housekeeping has done nice anniversary decoration in the room

temperature controlled Infinity pool and Jacuzzi is amazing with scenic nature view

Ziplining at Taj is Asia's second longest and was great experience . Kayaking is good too if you have not done that before.

Spa Experience was equally good (just make the reservation if you plan to go for Spa)

If you have plan to go for sightseen in Coorg then you might go for some Coffee Plantation Garden in that case don't go for Forest Walk at Taj. Both are kind of same.

I stayed at Taj for 2 days and on 3rd day after checkout I went for Sightseen
I covered Thala Cauvery, Glass Bridge, Abbey Falls, Coffee Plantation Tour and Madikeri local points like Omkareshwar Temple, Raja Seat, Tomb, Fort (Tomb & Fort are either in renovation or not that great so can be skipped) If you want to go for Dubare Elephant Camp and Tibetan Golden Temple then you have to do it next day of skip Thala Cauvery & Glass Bridge (both are opposite direction and cant be covered in one day)

If you plan to buy coffee and spices from there, would recommend you to buy from outlet of Ainmane which is in front of the Madikeri Fort. Those are really good (this was recommended by our Forest Walk Guide at Taj)

I dont know how is your itinerary , If you need a taxi there, drop me DM. I will share the contact details of the taxi driver, He was decent guy.

Coming to Epicure Membership Benefits

They used my room upgrade voucher and for second day they upgraded it Complimentary

I got 25% discount on all food bills just by quoting Epicure Membership number

Got 6k ( 1 complimentary spa epicure voucher) + 20% of Spa bill too

haven't used the Lunch Voucher for 2 as they were not having buffet option at any restaurant, will use it sometime later in Mumbai

At checkout they denied accepting Amex Vouchers stating it can only be used rooms booked at regular price and not for Epicure booking. I tried to convince them that some of my friends have used it before but they did not accept at last I settled the bill with 12k Neucoins and Taj Voucher bought from TataNeu at 7% discount + 5% neu coins with tata neu card

@vkjalan Thanks alot bro for your suggestions above, I saw your msg while having breakfast at Taj but later forgot to reply back on this thread
How much was the total bill, if you can share any estimate including the Taj Epicure Membership.

Ankur dhanda

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi,
Well I will address each of your questions. I recently stayed at the Taj Madikeri Property and I must say it's beautiful. They are pretty flexible with the vouchers and Amex Vouchers.

Make sure you present your Taj Membership Card while Checkin. They will make a note of the same in the system.

Voucher 1. Twenty five percent discount on dine-in and takeaway at participating restaurants across hotels for upto ten persons. To avail your benefit please present your membership card at the restaurant. Prior reservation is mandatory for the use of this voucher, which must be presented at the time of redemption.
It says: Prior reservation is mandatory, can I just not walk-in into the restaurant during my stay for lunch or dinner and use this voucher without reservation?

Yes you can. Just bill all the food to your room. Even room service. At checkout the 25% discount will get Applied to all the food & Liquor.

Voucher 2: Complimentary one-time set-lunch for two persons at participating All-Day Dining restaurants across hotels. To avail your benefit please present your membership card at the restaurant Prior reservation is mandatory for the use of this voucher, which must be must be presented at the time of redemption.
Is it only applicable for lunch or can I use it for Dinner as well?

Speak to the restaurant Manager and request him for the voucher to be used for dinner. For me they obliged.

Voucher 3: Complimentary one-time celebration cake upon dining at participating restaurants across hotels on any day during member?s birthday month. To avail your benefit please present your membership card at the restaurant Place your cake order in advance and present your card at the time of redemption.
Can this be used only in the birthday month? not on Anniversary?

- it does not matter to them when u use it. As it's a voucher it can only be used once anytime.

Voucher 4: Day access to pool with set-lunch and a glass of wine for upto four persons at a special price of INR 3000 plus taxes and other applicable charges per person. To avail your benefit please present your membership card at the restaurant. Prior reservation is mandatory for the use of this voucher, which must be presented at the time of redemption.
Can I expect romantic dinner on my anniversary evening with this voucher? If you have used this voucher, please share your experience.

Nope they would not accept it. Again you can try your luck with the restaurant manager. But the pool closes at 8.

Room Upgrade: How easy is it to get Room Upgrade? I also have 1 room upgrade voucher from Epicure membership and I can also see the availability of higher level room on the days of my stay i.e. 9 & 10 December

Please note as per the terms and condition of epicure Upgrade voucher: The upgrade e-Vouchers shall be applicable for a complimentary upgrade to the next category of room booked, subject to availability at the time of check-in .

- If you are using the room upgrade vouchers along with Complimentary Night vouchers they do not entertain and turn you down politely that upgrades are currently not available.

Any other tip for Taj Madikeri tour, this is first time I am staying at Taj Hotels (Taj Epicure through tataneu at 23.6k in month of May) also visiting Coorg for the first time

- Just stay at the property and don't think about going around the city as the drive to and from the resort will take a good 1 hour. The roads are also not that great. And don't even think of venturing out of the property at night.

The property is very beautiful and serene. The heated pool is amazing and offers some breath taking views.

Go for the trek which happens in the evening. It's worth it.

If you are looking to celebrate your anniversary there is an open barbeque by the pool.
Wanted to ask you nearest airport you chose was BLR?
And how is the drive duration and road from the airport to Taj?
Have you been to Taj Wayanad as well ?

Ankur dhanda

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi @hrish88,

I forgot to reply back to on this thread after my trip.

It was an awesome experience at Taj Madikeri. I had booked for 2 nights using Epicure Membership.

They have 5 restaurants there, out of I would recommend you to must try Poolside Grill (need to reserve the table in advance) and try Dal Makhni & Lahori Naan (if you are vegetarian)

Housekeeping has done nice anniversary decoration in the room

temperature controlled Infinity pool and Jacuzzi is amazing with scenic nature view

Ziplining at Taj is Asia's second longest and was great experience . Kayaking is good too if you have not done that before.

Spa Experience was equally good (just make the reservation if you plan to go for Spa)

If you have plan to go for sightseen in Coorg then you might go for some Coffee Plantation Garden in that case don't go for Forest Walk at Taj. Both are kind of same.

I stayed at Taj for 2 days and on 3rd day after checkout I went for Sightseen
I covered Thala Cauvery, Glass Bridge, Abbey Falls, Coffee Plantation Tour and Madikeri local points like Omkareshwar Temple, Raja Seat, Tomb, Fort (Tomb & Fort are either in renovation or not that great so can be skipped) If you want to go for Dubare Elephant Camp and Tibetan Golden Temple then you have to do it next day of skip Thala Cauvery & Glass Bridge (both are opposite direction and cant be covered in one day)

If you plan to buy coffee and spices from there, would recommend you to buy from outlet of Ainmane which is in front of the Madikeri Fort. Those are really good (this was recommended by our Forest Walk Guide at Taj)

I dont know how is your itinerary , If you need a taxi there, drop me DM. I will share the contact details of the taxi driver, He was decent guy.

Coming to Epicure Membership Benefits

They used my room upgrade voucher and for second day they upgraded it Complimentary

I got 25% discount on all food bills just by quoting Epicure Membership number

Got 6k ( 1 complimentary spa epicure voucher) + 20% of Spa bill too

haven't used the Lunch Voucher for 2 as they were not having buffet option at any restaurant, will use it sometime later in Mumbai

At checkout they denied accepting Amex Vouchers stating it can only be used rooms booked at regular price and not for Epicure booking. I tried to convince them that some of my friends have used it before but they did not accept at last I settled the bill with 12k Neucoins and Taj Voucher bought from TataNeu at 7% discount + 5% neu coins with tata neu card

@vkjalan Thanks alot bro for your suggestions above, I saw your msg while having breakfast at Taj but later forgot to reply back on this thread
Good to hear about your lovely stay except denial for Amex vouchers.
Would they accept Citi Prestige Taj voucher for epicure booking ? Adding Amex voucher to wohoo app and then using ?

shutapdiya

TF Ace
Contributor
How much was the total bill, if you can share any estimate including the Taj Epicure Membership.
I bought Taj Epicure privileged last year when it priced ~23k which now cost ~60k
For 2 nights, I had to pay ~2800* 2 as taxes

Remaining costs will depends on what all services you utilise like restaurant/ spa/ activities
For Resturant & Spa you can find prices online on the Taj website
Attaching here the activity costs shared by Taj

Attachments

• Activity List.xlsx
    20.2 KB · Views: 19

shutapdiya

TF Ace
Contributor
Wanted to ask you nearest airport you chose was BLR?
And how is the drive duration and road from the airport to Taj?
Have you been to Taj Wayanad as well ?
BLR Airport to Taj Madikeri should be 6-7 drive via Mysore. Road is all good till Madikeri Town. From Medikeri Town to Taj is ~10km which is not good and will take roughly 30 mins

shutapdiya

TF Ace
Contributor
Good to hear about your lovely stay except denial for Amex vouchers.
Would they accept Citi Prestige Taj voucher for epicure booking ? Adding Amex voucher to wohoo app and then using ?
I am not sure of Citi Prestige vouchers, for Amex they quote Amex T&C which says not applicable on special rates, activities, etc for denial

If at all you want to use Amex voucher, I would suggest you dont tell them the source of Voucher as Amex. Tell them that you got it as gift or from your employer
I don't know how the woohoo thing works

Ankur dhanda

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
BLR Airport to Taj Madikeri should be 6-7 drive via Mysore. Road is all good till Madikeri Town. From Medikeri Town to Taj is ~10km which is not good and will take roughly 30 mins
Thanks.
6-7 hrs is long for us as we would be travelling with 1.5yr old.
Would then probably consider Goa Taj Exotica or Darjeeling Taj Property then to minimize road travel and hotel duration.
Or any other Taj property would you suggest?
I have 2 nights from epicure HSBC premier card, 10K Taj from prestige and Plat charge each, remaining I can just redeem MR points gold collection.

mastfun

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Thanks.
Would then probably consider Goa Taj Exotica or Darjeeling Taj Property then to minimize road travel and hotel duration.
I have 2 nights from epicure HSBC premier card, 10K Taj from prestige and Plat charge each, remaining I can just redeem MR points gold collection.
I booked Gangtok property.

mastfun

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
How is the property?
And Nearest airport is Bagdogra right?
How many hours from the airport ?
The Property is Great, the views were exceptional! Far from the city center , but I had my cab for local sightseeing arranged!
Yes the Bagdogra Airport is the nearest one.
It took 6 hours for us to reach the Taj Guras Kutir

Ankur dhanda

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
The Property is Great, the views were exceptional! Far from the city center , but I had my cab for local sightseeing arranged!
Yes the Bagdogra Airport is the nearest one.
It took 6 hours for us to reach the Taj Guras Kutir
Thanks That’s good to know.
We are trying to minimise the road travel after flight with baby so that ways maybe Darjeeling Taj property is only 1hr drive.

shutapdiya

TF Ace
Contributor
Thanks.
If 3-4 hours travel time is ok you can explore flights to

1. Mangalore - Taj Bekal is 2 hrs drive, Madikeri is 4 hours

2. Kannur- Taj Bekal, Madikeri & Wayanad all at 3 hrs travel time

3. Calicut- Taj Wayanad at 3 hrs travel time

I had explored only these 3 properties when I was planning for my trip

shutapdiya

TF Ace
Contributor
For Epicure nights, availability is big challenge
I had booked my 6 stay months in advance
Check for your travel dates and see if 2 consecutive nights are available or not

Amex taj acceptability is dependent on staff, but you can below route
If at all you want to use Amex voucher, I would suggest you dont tell them the source of Voucher as Amex. Tell them that you got it as gift or from your employer
I don't know how the woohoo thing works

abhiver

TF Premier
For 23K it seems good value . Not sure with 60K price
I bought Taj Epicure privileged last year when it priced ~23k which now cost ~60k
For 2 nights, I had to pay ~2800* 2 as taxes

Remaining costs will depends on what all services you utilise like restaurant/ spa/ activities
For Resturant & Spa you can find prices online on the Taj website
Attaching here the activity costs shared by T

pmhunter

TF Select
Was there a Taj Club lounge at the Madikeri property? Has anyone used this benefit which is complimentary for Epicure members?

ray8285

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Trying to book Taj lands end / Taj Mahal palace mumbai in march between 15-17 but the 20% promotional discount is not working, keeps saying no rooms available try another property, is there something I'm missing ? Will giving them a call help ? Don't understand whats going on here ..

ray8285

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Also, I have two questions, if anyone can help that will be great :

1. Are vouchers & the pin processed during the time of bill bill settlement at the hotel ? As in for Taj Exotica Goa in Andamans I'm seeing that member rate & promotional rate is identical, so is the 20% discount given at the time of the bill settlement u & above the member rates ?

2. Can I combine the 20% epicure discount along with Taj stay vouchers or is the 20% discount applicable only if entire bill is paid by cash/card ?

Kindly help !