• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Taj Epicure Membership Is it worth it?

hrish88

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
The membership main feature is 1/2 nights free stay plus one set lunch for 2
Only these 2 features are enough to give a higher return than the membership cost itself
Rest are bonuses
Also for stay discounts , try to book properties where no aggregator discounts are available , in that case 20% on best available rates are good
on what properties you have redeemed the vouchers.did u able to redeem it at properties like taj exotica goa

sudindra

TF Neo
My Experience with Epicure:

Only reason to take is the complimentary stay + complimentary set lunch. Rest of the coupons are worthless according to me.

1) The complimentary rooms are not available during peak periods. I struggled to get availability during April/May (kids school off season). Had to settle for June.
2) If you really want to make it worth, there are only few properties (Goa/Madikeri). Rest of them are cheaper in Makemytrip during off season
3) Complimentary set lunch, again has limited options.

So, take the membership if you are super flexible with dates (meaning off season) and to make it worth, pick the premium properties like Madikeri / Goa ones. Note that you have very few premium properties.

With the current rates (50K + tax) for privileged, I am NOT renewing.

Karthik24

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
My Experience with Epicure:

Only reason to take is the complimentary stay + complimentary set lunch. Rest of the coupons are worthless according to me.

1) The complimentary rooms are not available during peak periods. I struggled to get availability during April/May (kids school off season). Had to settle for June.
2) If you really want to make it worth, there are only few properties (Goa/Madikeri). Rest of them are cheaper in Makemytrip during off season
3) Complimentary set lunch, again has limited options.

So, take the membership if you are super flexible with dates (meaning off season) and to make it worth, pick the premium properties like Madikeri / Goa ones. Note that you have very few premium properties.

With the current rates (50K + tax) for privileged, I am NOT renewing.

Wonderful breakdown..
I also faced the same issues on availability in Madikeri (very difficult to get availability during weekdays - but if keep looking, sometimes they open up the availability - my stay is yet to come).. apart from stay .. I am expecting the set Lunch and Spa voucher to be good...

And what is the tax amount that are required to be paid for the stay.

sudindra

TF Neo
Wonderful breakdown..
I also faced the same issues on availability in Madikeri (very difficult to get availability during weekdays - but if keep looking, sometimes they open up the availability - my stay is yet to come).. apart from stay .. I am expecting the set Lunch and Spa voucher to be good...

And what is the tax amount that are required to be paid for the stay.
Tax amount was about 2.6K per room

shutapdiya

TF Ace
Contributor
Hi Epicure Patrons @hrish88 @Wealth is my birth right! @anirban.choudhury @Karthik24 @adigk @vkjalan @CD. @CARDBITRAGE @sudindra

I have few queries about some Epicure vouchers and I need your inputs on them

Voucher 1. Twenty five percent discount on dine-in and takeaway at participating restaurants across hotels for upto ten persons. To avail your benefit please present your membership card at the restaurant. Prior reservation is mandatory for the use of this voucher, which must be presented at the time of redemption.
It says: Prior reservation is mandatory, can I just not walk-in into the restaurant during my stay for lunch or dinner and use this voucher without reservation?

Voucher 2: Complimentary one-time set-lunch for two persons at participating All-Day Dining restaurants across hotels. To avail your benefit please present your membership card at the restaurant Prior reservation is mandatory for the use of this voucher, which must be must be presented at the time of redemption.
Is it only applicable for lunch or can I use it for Dinner as well?

Voucher 3: Complimentary one-time celebration cake upon dining at participating restaurants across hotels on any day during member?s birthday month. To avail your benefit please present your membership card at the restaurant Place your cake order in advance and present your card at the time of redemption.
Can this be used only in the birthday month? not on Anniversary?

Voucher 4: Day access to pool with set-lunch and a glass of wine for upto four persons at a special price of INR 3000 plus taxes and other applicable charges per person. To avail your benefit please present your membership card at the restaurant. Prior reservation is mandatory for the use of this voucher, which must be presented at the time of redemption.
Can I expect romantic dinner on my anniversary evening with this voucher? If you have used this voucher, please share your experience

Room Upgrade: How easy is it to get Room Upgrade? I also have 1 room upgrade voucher from Epicure membership and I can also see the availability of higher level room on the days of my stay i.e. 9 & 10 December

Any other tip for Taj Madikeri tour, this is first time I am staying at Taj Hotels (Taj Epicure through tataneu at 23.6k in month of May) also visiting Coorg for the first time

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
Hi Epicure Patrons @hrish88 @Wealth is my birth right! @anirban.choudhury @Karthik24 @adigk @vkjalan @CD. @CARDBITRAGE @sudindra

Voucher 1. Twenty five percent discount on dine-in and takeaway at participating restaurants across hotels for upto ten persons. To avail your benefit please present your membership card at the restaurant. Prior reservation is mandatory for the use of this voucher, which must be presented at the time of redemption.
It says: Prior reservation is mandatory, can I just not walk-in into the restaurant during my stay for lunch or dinner and use this voucher without reservation?

Voucher 2: Complimentary one-time set-lunch for two persons at participating All-Day Dining restaurants across hotels. To avail your benefit please present your membership card at the restaurant Prior reservation is mandatory for the use of this voucher, which must be must be presented at the time of redemption.

Voucher 3: Complimentary one-time celebration cake upon dining at participating restaurants across hotels on any day during member?s birthday month. To avail your benefit please present your membership card at the restaurant Place your cake order in advance and present your card at the time of redemption.

Voucher 4: Day access to pool with set-lunch and a glass of wine for upto four persons at a special price of INR 3000 plus taxes and other applicable charges per person. To avail your benefit please present your membership card at the restaurant. Prior reservation is mandatory for the use of this voucher, which must be presented at the time of redemption.
Can I expect romantic dinner on my anniversary evening with this voucher? If you have used this voucher, please share your experience

Room Upgrade: How easy is it to get Room Upgrade? I also have 1 room upgrade voucher from Epicure membership and I can also see the availability of higher level room on the days of my stay i.e. 9 & 10 December

Any other tip for Taj Madikeri tour, this is first time I am staying at Taj Hotels (Taj Epicure through tataneu at 23.6k in month of May) also visiting Coorg for the first time
Just covering the queries where i got experienced:
1. No cant use it while staying or walkin need prior booking
2. Only lunch
3. In that month duration for any occasion u can use
Rest query room upgrade voucher just works like all hotels u will get next level room at same cost

hrish88

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

from my experience some it depends upon the property and your negotiation skills.

I don't think you need voucher for 25% discount as its a membership benefit.you will get 25% discount as long as you have the membership.i have used it multiple times without any prior reservation.

for cake also you will able to redeem at most properties without any hassle.i mostly get cake complimentary from the property anyway for birthdays and anniversaries.

I have not utilised the set meal vouchers yet so no idea.

I have not been to the Madikeri property yet. but it looks beautiful do share your experience.

shutapdiya

TF Ace
Contributor
from my experience some it depends upon the property and your negotiation skills.

I don't think you need voucher for 25% discount as its a membership benefit.you will get 25% discount as long as you have the membership.i have used it multiple times without any prior reservation.

for cake also you will able to redeem at most properties without any hassle.i mostly get cake complimentary from the property anyway for birthdays and anniversaries.

I have not utilised the set meal vouchers yet so no idea.

I have not been to the Madikeri property yet. but it looks beautiful do share your experience.
Thanks Bro appreciate your reply

Also is it possible to ask them 25% discounted food bill to be billed to room or we have to settle it at restaurant itself

I was thinking to settle food and spa expenses through taj vouchers from amex
I have read that we can pay for these expenses through taj vouchers if those are billed to room

hrish88

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Also is it possible to ask them 25% discounted food bill to be billed to room or we have to settle it at restaurant itself

I have read that we can pay for these expenses through taj vouchers if those are billed to room
yes you can settle food and spa bill with vouchers when you are staying at the property.not sure about 25% you need to ask the restaurant

vkjalan

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge

Hi,
Well I will address each of your questions. I recently stayed at the Taj Madikeri Property and I must say it's beautiful. They are pretty flexible with the vouchers and Amex Vouchers.

Make sure you present your Taj Membership Card while Checkin. They will make a note of the same in the system.

Yes you can. Just bill all the food to your room. Even room service. At checkout the 25% discount will get Applied to all the food & Liquor.

Speak to the restaurant Manager and request him for the voucher to be used for dinner. For me they obliged.

- it does not matter to them when u use it. As it's a voucher it can only be used once anytime.

Can I expect romantic dinner on my anniversary evening with this voucher? If you have used this voucher, please share your experience.

Nope they would not accept it. Again you can try your luck with the restaurant manager. But the pool closes at 8.

Please note as per the terms and condition of epicure Upgrade voucher: The upgrade e-Vouchers shall be applicable for a complimentary upgrade to the next category of room booked, subject to availability at the time of check-in .

- If you are using the room upgrade vouchers along with Complimentary Night vouchers they do not entertain and turn you down politely that upgrades are currently not available.

- Just stay at the property and don't think about going around the city as the drive to and from the resort will take a good 1 hour. The roads are also not that great. And don't even think of venturing out of the property at night.

The property is very beautiful and serene. The heated pool is amazing and offers some breath taking views.

Go for the trek which happens in the evening. It's worth it.

If you are looking to celebrate your anniversary there is an open barbeque by the pool.

Last edited:

vkjalan

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi,
Well I will address each of your questions. I recently stayed at the Taj Madikeri Property and I must say it's beautiful. They are pretty flexible with the vouchers and Amex Vouchers.

Make sure you present your Taj Membership Card while Checkin. They will make a note of the same in the system.

Yes you can. Just bill all the food to your room. Even room service. At checkout the 25% discount will get Applied to all the food & Liquor.

Speak to the restaurant Manager and request him for the voucher to be used for dinner. For me they obliged.

- it does not matter to them when u use it. As it's a voucher it can only be used once anytime.

Can I expect romantic dinner on my anniversary evening with this voucher? If you have used this voucher, please share your experience.

Nope they would not accept it. Again you can try your luck with the restaurant manager. But the pool closes at 8.

- If you are using the room upgrade vouchers along with Complimentary Night vouchers they do not entertain in as it's applicable only for Revenue bookings.

- Just stay at the property and don't think about going around the city as the drive to and from the resort will take a good 1 hour. The roads are also not that great. And don't even think of venturing out of the property at night.

The property is very beautiful and serene. The heated pool is amazing and offers some breath taking views.

Go for the trek which happens in the evening. It's worth it.

If you are looking to celebrate your anniversary there is an open barbeque by the pool.
Oh so sorry the post came in a little late. Just notice that your stay was on 9th December.

hrish88

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
hows your overall experience with the property?service ,food,rooms etc.i am planning a trip early next year to coorg. this and Evolve Back are my 2 shortlisted properties.

vkjalan

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
hows your overall experience with the property?service ,food,rooms etc.i am planning a trip early next year to coorg. this and Evolve Back are my 2 shortlisted properties.
Well Taj service stands out any day. When I visited the Resort was at full capacity, most days they are.

Housekeeping was a bit slow and needed reminders for amenities.

Other than that it was all great.

hrish88

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

@shutapdiya hows your trip to taj madikeri?I am also travelling to the same property next month.please share your experience,also any other tips for coorg

shutapdiya

TF Ace
Contributor
@shutapdiya hows your trip to taj madikeri?I am also travelling to the same property next month.please share your experience,also any other tips for coorg
Hi @hrish88,

I forgot to reply back to on this thread after my trip.

It was an awesome experience at Taj Madikeri. I had booked for 2 nights using Epicure Membership.

They have 5 restaurants there, out of I would recommend you to must try Poolside Grill (need to reserve the table in advance) and try Dal Makhni & Lahori Naan (if you are vegetarian)

Housekeeping has done nice anniversary decoration in the room

temperature controlled Infinity pool and Jacuzzi is amazing with scenic nature view

Ziplining at Taj is Asia's second longest and was great experience . Kayaking is good too if you have not done that before.

Spa Experience was equally good (just make the reservation if you plan to go for Spa)

If you have plan to go for sightseen in Coorg then you might go for some Coffee Plantation Garden in that case don't go for Forest Walk at Taj. Both are kind of same.

I stayed at Taj for 2 days and on 3rd day after checkout I went for Sightseen
I covered Thala Cauvery, Glass Bridge, Abbey Falls, Coffee Plantation Tour and Madikeri local points like Omkareshwar Temple, Raja Seat, Tomb, Fort (Tomb & Fort are either in renovation or not that great so can be skipped) If you want to go for Dubare Elephant Camp and Tibetan Golden Temple then you have to do it next day of skip Thala Cauvery & Glass Bridge (both are opposite direction and cant be covered in one day)

If you plan to buy coffee and spices from there, would recommend you to buy from outlet of Ainmane which is in front of the Madikeri Fort. Those are really good (this was recommended by our Forest Walk Guide at Taj)

I dont know how is your itinerary , If you need a taxi there, drop me DM. I will share the contact details of the taxi driver, He was decent guy.

Coming to Epicure Membership Benefits

They used my room upgrade voucher and for second day they upgraded it Complimentary

I got 25% discount on all food bills just by quoting Epicure Membership number

Got 6k ( 1 complimentary spa epicure voucher) + 20% of Spa bill too

haven't used the Lunch Voucher for 2 as they were not having buffet option at any restaurant, will use it sometime later in Mumbai

At checkout they denied accepting Amex Vouchers stating it can only be used rooms booked at regular price and not for Epicure booking. I tried to convince them that some of my friends have used it before but they did not accept at last I settled the bill with 12k Neucoins and Taj Voucher bought from TataNeu at 7% discount + 5% neu coins with tata neu card

@vkjalan Thanks alot bro for your suggestions above, I saw your msg while having breakfast at Taj but later forgot to reply back on this thread

Karthik24

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi @hrish88,

I forgot to reply back to on this thread after my trip.

It was an awesome experience at Taj Madikeri. I had booked for 2 nights using Epicure Membership.

They have 5 restaurants there, out of I would recommend you to must try Poolside Grill (need to reserve the table in advance) and try Dal Makhni & Lahori Naan (if you are vegetarian)

Housekeeping has done nice anniversary decoration in the room

temperature controlled Infinity pool and Jacuzzi is amazing with scenic nature view

Ziplining at Taj is Asia's second longest and was great experience . Kayaking is good too if you have not done that before.

Spa Experience was equally good (just make the reservation if you plan to go for Spa)

If you have plan to go for sightseen in Coorg then you might go for some Coffee Plantation Garden in that case don't go for Forest Walk at Taj. Both are kind of same.

I stayed at Taj for 2 days and on 3rd day after checkout I went for Sightseen
I covered Thala Cauvery, Glass Bridge, Abbey Falls, Coffee Plantation Tour and Madikeri local points like Omkareshwar Temple, Raja Seat, Tomb, Fort (Tomb & Fort are either in renovation or not that great so can be skipped) If you want to go for Dubare Elephant Camp and Tibetan Golden Temple then you have to do it next day of skip Thala Cauvery & Glass Bridge (both are opposite direction and cant be covered in one day)

If you plan to buy coffee and spices from there, would recommend you to buy from outlet of Ainmane which is in front of the Madikeri Fort. Those are really good (this was recommended by our Forest Walk Guide at Taj)

I dont know how is your itinerary , If you need a taxi there, drop me DM. I will share the contact details of the taxi driver, He was decent guy.

Coming to Epicure Membership Benefits

They used my room upgrade voucher and for second day they upgraded it Complimentary

I got 25% discount on all food bills just by quoting Epicure Membership number

Got 6k ( 1 complimentary spa epicure voucher) + 20% of Spa bill too

haven't used the Lunch Voucher for 2 as they were not having buffet option at any restaurant, will use it sometime later in Mumbai

At checkout they denied accepting Amex Vouchers stating it can only be used rooms booked at regular price and not for Epicure booking. I tried to convince them that some of my friends have used it before but they did not accept at last I settled the bill with 12k Neucoins and Taj Voucher bought from TataNeu at 7% discount + 5% neu coins with tata neu card

@vkjalan Thanks alot bro for your suggestions above, I saw your msg while having breakfast at Taj but later forgot to reply back on this thread
Wonderful write up..

And in pool side grill, Lamb chop is must try if you are non veg