• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Credit Cards Tata Neu App - Amazon Pay Gift Cards LIVE now

Can someone verify based on their credit card statement whether they got 5% Neu Coins on purchasing Amazon GC from Tata Neu using Tata Neu Infinity CC?
Ruko, tumhara bhai karega try. Aur karke next month batayega ki reward mila ki nahi. 😎

EDIT: Just bought a ₹100 Amazon gift card with my HDFC Tata Neu Infinity Credit Card. By the way, I do think they will credit 5% cashback unconditionally, as it is not explicitly mentioned in the exclusions list in HDFC's website. Also, Tata Neu app also shows this banner before checkout:
1000059910.webp

Last edited:
Ruko, tumhara bhai karega try. Aur karke next month batayega ki reward mila ki nahi. 😎

EDIT: Just bought a ₹100 Amazon gift card with my HDFC Tata Neu Infinity Credit Card. By the way, I do think they will credit 5% cashback unconditionally, as it is not explicitly mentioned in the exclusions list in HDFC's website. Also, Tata Neu app also shows this banner before checkout:
View attachment 62226
As per HDFC Bank's terms and conditions for the Tata Neu Infinity credit card:
"A cardholder will not be eligible for NeuCoins on prepaid card/gift Card/ wallet load and / or voucher
purchases. i.e., the transactions carried out through the Merchant Category Code (MCC) of 6540 (as defined by
card networks Visa, MasterCard and RuPay) will be not considered for NeuCoins."

However, the gift card purchase I did at Tata Neu has the MCC 7311 (Advertising) and shows as "Tata Digital" in the statement.

Since Advertising is not excluded from getting rewards, it would surely earn rewards in some form. And most likely, it will earn 5%, as it's also mentioned in the Tata Neu app during checkout.

so
"A cardholder will not be eligible for NeuCoins on prepaid card/gift Card/ wallet load and / or voucher
purchases. i.e., the transactions carried out through the Merchant Category Code (MCC) of 6540 (as defined by

However, the gift card purchase I did at Tata Neu has the MCC 7311 (Advertising) and shows as "Tata Digital" in the statement.

Since Advertising is not excluded from getting rewards, it would surely earn rewards in some form. And most likely, it will earn 5%, as it's also mentioned in the Tata Neu app during checkout.
buy apay gc with tata cc..will give 5% off and 5% neu coins right?

for 5% neu coins u need tata cc only
I wanted to know if we can double dip. so, it seems
either 5% cb on sbi cb or 5% nue coins on nue but not both.
seinfeild GIF

Pl. update once you receive 5% Neu Coins !!

so

buy apay gc with tata cc..will give 5% off and 5% neu coins right?
No, in the Tata Neu app, currently you'll only get 2% cashback with Tata Neu Plus CC, and 5% cashback with Tata Neu Infinity CC for Amazon Pay and Flipkart gift cards.

For Myntra, you get additional 5% NeuCoins in NeuPass along with applicable cashback with NeuCards (Either 2% or 5%), and for Amazon Pay Shopping Voucher—which can only be used for shopping on Amazon—you get additional 1% in NeuPass + applicable cashback with NeuCard.

View attachment 62226
Bhai 1.5% aayega neucoins ke form me cashback.

Yes, kyu ki me iss issue ke liye already HDFC se ladd chuka hu. All Non tata brands gift cards would give 1.5% cashback, All tata brands give 5% (1.5% + 3.5%) neucoins. This was the answer given to me.
View attachment 62984
The gift cards' purchase platform is an integral part of the Tata Neu app, and any gift card you purchase from there uses the same merchant terminal ID with the name "Tata Digital" and MCC 7311 irrespective of the brand of the gift card you purchase (Either a part of Tata group or not).

Also, you'd see such banner at several places when you open the Gift Cards module (See the last line):
1000060279.webp

Well, I'm not proving you wrong though. You could be right, as HDFC Bank issues additional NeuCoins (On top of base NeuCoins) based on the list of terminal IDs which Tata Digital Pvt Ltd provides them. So, if the Terminal ID used by them exclusively for processing gift card payments isn't provided to HDFC for providing additional NeuCoins (in order to make the total 2% or 5%), then you won't get the desired NeuCoins.

However, based on the banner provided above and the lack of relevant terms and conditions on their website, you can take up a fight nonetheless.

Last edited:
Back