• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Tata Neu & Other HDFC Rupay Cards now supported on BHIM & UPI apps

How does the payment work for this (or any other Rupay cards) ? Does it work with pre-set PIN or require OTP every time.

Also can a card be used in two different phones / BHIM apps for UPI purpose ?

How does the payment work for this (or any other Rupay cards) ? Does it work with pre-set PIN or require OTP every time.

Also can a card be used in two different phones / BHIM apps for UPI purpose ?
Same like you use any saving/salary account UPI.

Go to UPI apps >> search your credit card bank and add.

Set UPI PIN and start payment.

Will this work for any upi payment. Say if local shop is not that a big one, yet accepts UPI.

Edit: Credit card to current/ savings account is detected. So basically the QR has to be some kind of Merchant QR.
You can't transfer to Savings account. But if merchant account is linked with current account then that should work. If are facing issue with qr linked to current account, that is because there's bug in BHIM app version 3.1.

Will this work for any upi payment. Say if local shop is not that a big one, yet accepts UPI.

Edit: Credit card to current/ savings account is detected. So basically the QR has to be some kind of Merchant QR.
Yes, Only P2M merchant QR is supported.

Also use BHIM version 3.0, some bug on latest version BHIM app for current account transfer.

you can also pay any online merchants.

For example - Pay any other banks credit card bill via Amazon using your RuPay credit card linked UPI.

Is there a requirement that merchant QR are only generated with current accounts on Gpay/PhonePe/Paytm etc ? If not isn't there high chance that small vendors are just working with savings account. If yes, then this is perfect.

Is there a requirement that merchant QR are only generated with current accounts on Gpay/PhonePe/Paytm etc ? If not isn't there high chance that small vendors are just working with savings account. If yes, then this is perfect.
Till now I have only faced problem with one phonepe merchant QR where BHIM app gave error that you are sending money to saving account and it didn't let me do transaction. For Gpay/Paytm/BharatPe merchant QR even if linked with Savings account, no problem.

Yes, Only P2M merchant QR is supported.

Also use BHIM version 3.0, some bug on latest version BHIM app for current account transfer.

you can also pay any online merchants.

For example - Pay any other banks credit card bill via Amazon using your RuPay credit card linked UPI.
@Abhishek012 - I am trying to pay CC bill via Amazon, request shows up in the BHIM app, but how do we know which account it will be debited from before I approve?

Or will it show a option after I approve as to which one to select? (HDFC Bank or Tata Neu card?)

1676546847988.png

@Abhishek012 - I am trying to pay CC bill via Amazon, request shows up in the BHIM app, but how do we know which account it will be debited from before I approve?

Or will it show a option after I approve as to which one to select? (HDFC Bank or Tata Neu card?)

View attachment 10321
Click on approve and next page you will need to confirm. Also you need to enter UPI PIN before payment.

Hope! you already set your UPI PIN, otherwise card selection option will not showing.

IMG-20230215-WA0021.jpg

Did anyone get Neu coins for Tata Neu HDFC rupay card for paying through UPI?
Will know for sure in Feb statement, so need to wait till first week of March. As far as I know, the accumulated points on HDFC mycards website doesn't show breakup of points by transaction so can't say for sure until the statement is generated next month.

Back