• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

TF Community New Update 5th July 2024: New Features, Problems & Troubleshooting

A@TechnoFino ,

what happened to "Post Areas" under profile section of a user??
Its gone now.. can't see it..

View attachment 61727
Also please tell him that to enable userposts only for pioneer level and above. Now everyone is posting deals and other useful info on profile posts,that are hard to manage.
angry marge simpson GIF

• Hehe
Reactions: SSV
yes ... useful posts are getting buried in profile posts.
Bart Simpson Reaction GIF
I was complaining about this for a long time.. and stopped responding to them in profile posts as well
and as you know I stopped posting in my profile posts also..

Anyway I used to post Fun stuff under my profile but @vaibhav111 suggeted me not to post fun stuff in profile posts.. not sure what the policy is now as it stands..

Me, I dont like subject matter to be discussed in profile posts.. A lot of important information will be missed .. and posting under profile posts is also not convenient for longer discussions as it has some restrictions.....

I left this topic as it was wasting my time.

I was complaining about this for a long time.. and stopped responding to them in profile posts as well

Anyway I used to post Fun stuff under my profile but @vaibhav111 suggeted me not to post fun stuff in profile posts.. not sure what the policy is now as it stands..

Me, I dont like subject matter to be discussed in profile posts.. A lot of important information will be missed .. and posting under profile posts is also not convenient for longer discussions as it has some restrictions.....

best way to handle this is by limiting word count in profile posts.

same here . @MrJJ posted a wonderful deal of amazon prime membership with which I saved 500 INR on his profile post. It was just a serendipity moment that I discovered it . Had it been a thread it would definitely have come to my notice.

same here . @MrJJ posted a wonderful deal of amazon prime membership with which I saved 500 INR on his profile post. It was just a serendipity moment that I discovered it . Had it been a thread it would definitely have come to my notice.
According to me, profile posts should not contain any business matters..
but all others have other ideas

@TechnoFino a suggestion for forums:

Is it possible to implement a feature where we can 'mark individual pages as read' instead of clicking 'mark forums read,' which marks the entire forum as read?

For example, if I am on the 10th page and I want to mark the 10th page as read, I could then move to the 9th page, and so on.

If it's not possible, no worries.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240719-214451~2.webp
    Screenshot_20240719-214451~2.webp
    95.6 KB · Views: 4

Is it possible to implement a feature where we can 'mark individual pages as read' instead of clicking 'mark forums read,' which marks the entire forum as read?

For example, if I am on the 10th page and I want to mark the 10th page as read, I could then move to the 9th page, and so on.

I'll check with devs... but seems difficult to me... let me get their opinion.

Yeah I understand the need, they are time I need to read couple of previous post and I'm like ok this I have read already just to check twice so I can see further discussion but once you're regular it won't bother has much.

Yeah I understand the need, they are time I need to read couple of previous post and I'm like ok this I have read already just to check twice so I can see further discussion but once you're regular it won't bother has much.
Yes, I've a habit of reading and I like to start from the 10th page and work my way to the 1st. Just to mark myself, I was thinking of that feature. I also see some threads that I've already read, and I completely agree with you. If you're a regular, it doesn't even matter.

What I have noticed sometimes is that when I come back to a thread the page loads from where I left off. So say I last read page 11 and then moved to some other threads and post and 2 days later I click that post, the page that loads will be page 11 and I will see the remaining pages ahead (say 13 pages now). I think this only works if you are signed in from the same browser.

Just wanted to say that ability to search DMs or older threads by a specific user including ourselves is very very handy and important. Thank you for all these continuous little enhancements.

Reactions: SSV
Back