• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

The best UPI app overall, especially for iOS users.

Hi All,
As you are all aware, there is a flood of UPI apps in India that allow features like UPI lite, scan and pay through CC (UPI QR or Bharat QR), & payment through an e-wallet.

But a problem arises when people like me, who are iOS users, cannot use these features under the same roof.

I tried the following apps, which are still not working for me.
1. Gpay: (a) No option to add CC yet on iOS; (b) Not a single news item for adding the UPI lite feature.
2. Paytm: (a) UPI lite will start working fine. (b) CC can be added but cannot be used for S&P. (c) Onboarding is banned, so an e-wallet cannot be used.
3. SBI Card: (a) Pros: Can be used to pay via CC on the Bharat QR. (b) Cons: Other bank CCs cannot be added.
4. ICICI iMobile Pay: (a) Pros: Other banks CCs can be added to manage them. (b) Cons: S&P features only allow payments via ICICI Bank CC.
5. Axis Mobile: (a) The S&P feature is not accessible until linked with a bank account.
6. OneCard: (a) The S&P option is not there.
7. CRED: (a) Pros: All bank cards can be added. (b): Cons: The S&P feature is not available for CC. (c) Cons: A linked bank account cannot be removed; it is permanent.

Kindly suggest the best UPI apps based on the following points:
1. UPI lite
2. Should be able to store all my CC and can be used to S&P as well via cards.
3. e-wallet
4. Best offers & rewards
5. Best UI/UX
6. Features
7. Success/Failure Ratio
8. Privacy
9. Best overall
10. The main thing is that it be used on iOS.

Thanks & Regards.

Last edited:
1. UPI lite
Paytm (yet to be released on iOS)
MobiKwik
3. e-wallet
MobiKwik
4. Best offers & rewards
None
5. Best UI/UX
Paytm, undoubtedly. Very clean UI for UPI
6. Features
What features you need for UPI payments? Just UI should be good enough and failure rate should be less.
7. Success/Failure Ratio
Paytm, undoubtedly
8. Privacy
None. Privacy is a myth even on iOS.
9. Best overall
Paytm. Just waiting for them to add CC for UPI payments on iOS.

Thanks & Regards.

Only Rupay card is enabled for UPI by RBI as of now.
Okay, It would have been great to add all network cards...I know it won't useful for UPI payment but Bharat QR would have worked.
Anywhere. Also enable ZIP Black card and you'll be able to transfer that money to your paytm wallet and then to bank account for free.
Thats great, thanks buddy!

Hi All,
As you are all aware, there is a flood of UPI apps in India that allow features like UPI lite, scan and pay through CC (UPI QR or Bharat QR), & payment through an e-wallet.

But a problem arises when people like me, who are iOS users, cannot use these features under the same roof.

I tried the following apps, which are still not working for me.
1. Gpay: (a) No option to add CC yet on iOS; (b) Not a single news item for adding the UPI lite feature.
2. Paytm: (a) UPI lite will start working fine. (b) CC can be added but cannot be used for S&P. (c) Onboarding is banned, so an e-wallet cannot be used.
3. SBI Card: (a) Pros: Can be used to pay via CC on the Bharat QR. (b) Cons: Other bank CCs cannot be added.
4. ICICI iMobile Pay: (a) Pros: Other banks CCs can be added to manage them. (b) Cons: S&P features only allow payments via ICICI Bank CC.
5. Axis Mobile: (a) The S&P feature is not accessible until linked with a bank account.
6. OneCard: (a) The S&P option is not there.
7. CRED: (a) Pros: All bank cards can be added. (b): Cons: The S&P feature is not available for CC. (c) Cons: A linked bank account cannot be removed; it is permanent.

1. UPI lite
3. e-wallet
4. Best offers & rewards
5. Best UI/UX
6. Features
7. Success/Failure Ratio
8. Privacy
9. Best overall

Thanks & Regards.
WhatsApp pay
Mobikwik
Payzapp
Fave Upi

What I do is, I look for the provider of the merchant QR.
If the shop has Paytm QR, I use Paytm for that shop's payment.
Similarly PhonePe and Google Pay. (I believe this will reduce the Payment Failure :D )
As far as I have observed, 75% of the merchants use Paytm QR to accept their payments. So Paytm works best for me. Payment was successful 99% of the times.
Rest 25%, Google Pay and PhonePe.
For UPI money transfer to my friends and family, I use Google Pay. This is because almost everyone uses Google Pay.

Using PhonePe for reliability, Google Pay as a backup.

Paytm used to work good for me but now ever transaction i make via Hdfc rupay card gets failed whereas work seemlessly on PhonePe.

Back