• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

The Roller Coaster Ride of ICICI Emeralde Private metal approval (9 months Journey)

which was ?
I already held Infinia. So I wanted to apply for DCB LTF. They had a policy where they gave LTF to IIT alumni. But last year they stopped it. So my RM said it won't be possible as going forward only DCB Metal can be given and they removed alumni programme. So I asked to get it in my wife's name.
He said DCB metal LTF is not possible as they don't give but upon lots of approval it can be given only. I bargained that my wife who does not have HDFC account is willing to open account with seed fund of 5L (in Tier 2 city is as good as Imperia) . They talked to higher ups and agreed to make exception. They also asked to make an FD of some amount (which I can break any time later). So I did of 20K and broke 2 months later.
Finally as promised DCB metal LTF came. I did not believe it as I haven't head DCB metal LTF any where so I called the customer care to confirm. And alas, these guys actually pulled it off.
But when I tried again to do it for my brother-in-law it is getting very difficult. Even my RM is not able to confirm yet. So do try to bargain in your hometowns or different regions. It depends on situation and policy that time especially in that zone.

Hi Folks,

This is the journey of my how I finally got my Emeralde Private Metal. I applied and failed two times in past. Only succeeded third time.

Relationship with ICICI -
1. Sapphire LTF (Limit 20L)
2. Saving account (not wealth, just a regular one where I have to maintain 25K and I don't event maintain that and have been getting warning mail since last 3-4 months)

Attempt-1 (20/10/23) October Last year
I tried the day the card was launched. Went to bank. Salary criteria was met. Also option for Emeralde private metal was started to show in their system. Applied it. Thought I would get it within 5 days. But the nightmare had just started.
Application was put on hold and it was told you need tons of approval including those of zonal head and product head. They asked if I had TRV of 1Cr+..... I said that is not the case, salary criteria was met, existing card with high limit and a saving account was only there. No one replied. My RM also gave up after following ghost email threads for more than a month.

Attempt-2 (07/02/24) Feb
Tried a different branch in same state. This guy was confident if I am willing to take it paid I would get it. So I applied again. Same issue here too. They had over-inflated requirements. They asked me if I could switch to Wealth account. I asked them I can go though the hassle (mostly because I was sick of warning mails on my current account) but only if it guarantees the card. They took it up with higher zonal and product heads if there is a guarantee but again I was ghosted. 2 months no reply.
(Lesson - Wealth account is not the selection criteria but it surely helps the case to some extent)

Attempt-3 (22/07/24) July
Tried a third branch. The agent was confident again. But I didn't have much hope. He asked for relationship. Same questions again asked by heads. They also asked for Form 16 and Form 26AS, photo of my Sapphire Card and proof of limit (I had reduced my limit to minimum which is 10% of max limit provided, which was 10% of 20L = 2L) They asked me to increase it as it would be the foundation of my case. I increased it to 20L and they were able to verify it. He also said that internally they map 360 relationship and it should be more than 50000 points (god knows how it works but as a list it would denote how much money bank made from you annually)
Within next 3 days all 4 approvals including product head zonal head came. As it was already Friday so agent said he would apply on for card on Monday. Frankly I was so skeptical that I did not even believe it.
On Monday he asked me to come to branch and authorise it using the machine or signature for consent but as I am in Bengaluru, I told him I won't be able to come to branch at all.
He then asked senior for workaround and they said a written mail where I acknowledge this is a paid card and my willingness to Pay the Rs 12500 + gst. After that they also asked me to attach photo of my sapphire card in that mail. On Tuesday, I sent them all the mail and they confirmed that with all approvals already ready they would file the application on Wednesday (Today).

So today at 10 am I got a message that my application is under process. I checked on app and it was showing application initiated. Now here is the fun part, at around 1pm or 2pm, the card already reflected on my app. In application tracker, it was still showing initiated state so I was skeptical again if it can be still rejected somehow (trauma of last 2 times rejection). So my agent said that if I still have doubt then I can change the pin from app so that card will be considered activated. I was able to do it. (Please not that application was started just 3 hours before so it is surprising how fast they made it live)
I was still skeptical, so I made on final move. I enabled online transaction, bought something on amazon and payment was successful. Now they surely won't cancel otherwise I will get a free amazon shopping.

Jokes apart, it was long journey, nothing changed, same relationship with ICICI, same warning mails of non maintenance of balance. But third time my application got approved.
How much is ur salary bro? Can u tell me your gross salary?

i am fulfilling the criteria still no invite yet
Having salary is not the condition for invite at all. It is a prerequisite (that too not compulsory) and not a official criteria for selection. They mostly focus on your relationship with bank. If you have DMAT, heavy FD, investments or loans with then then your changes are pretty high

I was still skeptical, so I made on final move. I enabled online transaction, bought something on amazon and payment was successful. Now they surely won't cancel otherwise I will get a free amazon shopping.

Jokes apart, it was long journey, nothing changed, same relationship with ICICI, same warning mails of non maintenance of balance. But third time my application got approved.
Congratulations @violetevergarden

Did they increase your current credit limit with the issuance of Emeralde Private Metal card?
And, when was the last time you got a limit enhancement offer?
Thanks

Congratulations @violetevergarden

Did they increase your current credit limit with the issuance of Emeralde Private Metal card?
And, when was the last time you got a limit enhancement offer?
Thanks
First card was coral in 2021. Limit 50K. I complained WTH is this. They said since I don't have saving account they gave less.
Second I applied Sapphire paid (2022). Limit 10L.
Third I applied sapphire LTF (2023). They asked me how much limit I want. I said 10L. they added 10L. So total 20L (Don't ask me how the hell it makes sense )
Finally Emeralde metal in 2024. Limit remained same to 20L

First card was coral in 2021. Limit 50K. I complained WTH is this. They said since I don't have saving account they gave less.
Second I applied Sapphire paid (2022). Limit 10L.
Third I applied sapphire LTF (2023). They asked me how much limit I want. I said 10L. they added 10L. So total 20L (Don't ask me how the hell it makes sense )
Finally Emeralde metal in 2024. Limit remained same to 20L
Nice!
Good journey @violetevergarden
Thank you for sharing.

I asked you because some people with already high limits on their previous ICICI cards, ended up getting an even higher limit with the issuance of Emeralde Metal Private card.

I asked you because some people with already high limits on their previous ICICI cards, ended up getting an even higher limit with the issuance of Emeralde Metal Private card
That's True. I had 13.5 lakhs limit on my sapphiro, but got 25 lakhs on Emeralde Metal.

When did you get Emeralde Metal and on what basis, please?
When did you receive the last limit enhancement on Sapphiro?
I got Emeralde Metal in July 2024. Spoke to my RM and he got it done in 10 days. Existing ICICI card with limit > 10 lakhs and net monthly salary > 3 lakhs (in any bank account) is all that is required.

I never got any limit enhancement on Sapphiro. got it LTF under alumni offer and limit is same as what was assigned while issuance.

I got Emeralde Metal in July 2024. Spoke to my RM and he got it done in 10 days. Existing ICICI card with limit > 10 lakhs and net monthly salary > 3 lakhs (in any bank account) is all that is required.

I never got any limit enhancement on Sapphiro. got it LTF under alumni offer and limit is same as what was assigned while issuance.
Thanks for sharing @card_monarch

These criteria might not be sufficient in some regions. What's you overall relationship with ICICI? like loans, account type, any investments?

Back