• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Think before referring unknown persons

_deb_

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
The following tweet is making rounds on X. It seems that recovery agents from One Card are reaching out to individuals who referred defaulters.

Many responses, especially from the so-called “CC geeks” community, express shock that referrers are being pursued by recovery agents.

While numerous people have turned X, YouTube, TF, and other platforms into venues for promoting referral links, it's crucial to remember that credit cards are significant financial tools. Your name is associated with anyone who uses your referral link, and you could be linked to any fraud, default, or problematic transactions involving them.

Stay cautious, be aware of the potential risks, and consider the consequences before seeking out a "small reward."

Attachments

• 3.png
    3.png
    656.2 KB · Views: 249
  • 2.png
    2.png
    748.7 KB · Views: 250
  • 1.png
    1.png
    514.4 KB · Views: 251
Nicely put...

Now lets move on to... Oh wait
eBay abhi Zinda hai ???

Bhai, vivah ek samajik aur maansik bimari hai jiska acchi zindagi se koi sambandh nahi hai.

P.S: Marriages are subject to financial/mental risk. Please delete any document from mind carefully before thinking again.
Kash sari shaddiya "VIVAH" ki tarah pavitra ho sakti .

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    127.8 KB · Views: 3
The following tweet is making rounds on X. It seems that recovery agents from One Card are reaching out to individuals who referred defaulters.

Many responses, especially from the so-called “CC geeks” community, express shock that referrers are being pursued by recovery agents.

While numerous people have turned X, YouTube, TF, and other platforms into venues for promoting referral links, it's crucial to remember that credit cards are significant financial tools. Your name is associated with anyone who uses your referral link, and you could be linked to any fraud, default, or problematic transactions involving them.

Stay cautious, be aware of the potential risks, and consider the consequences before seeking out a "small reward."

Agent be like, safedh jhoot bol deta hoon kisko pata chalegaa: He has given your name. 🤣
Screenshot_20240819-095300.jpg

Inside him: We have your data in our system, pulled out from there and just because you're his referrer, we also believe you're his guarantor or surety. Now, you're liable to pay on his default. 🤣

Not only referrer even we pull out saved contacts, IYKYK (Contact Permission) and harass others as well. 🤣

kuchbhi-mishtersami (1).gif

Actually they are indirectly employed by the lender to recover by using hook or crook. It's lender/bank who is violating RBI & /IBA guidelines and direction. What can be done, when Regulator knows about such practice but don't take any strict action to prevent this. Act like 🤐 ...

Agent be like, safedh jhoot bol deta hoon kisko pata chalegaa: He has given your name. 🤣

Inside him: We have your data in our system, pulled out from there and just because you're his referrer, we also believe you're his guarantor or surety. Now, you're liable to pay on his default. 🤣

Not only referrer even we pull out saved contacts, IYKYK (Contact Permission) and harass others as well. 🤣

Actually they are indirectly employed by the lender to recover by using hook or crook. It's lender/bank who is violating RBI & /IBA guidelines and direction. What can be done, when Regulator knowns about such practice don't take any strict action to prevent this. Act lik
What if in the TnC, there is a clause that referer becomes the guarantee?

So basically banks are trying to devalue referrals also. Another devaluation !!
Happy Birthday Dancing GIF by Alba Paris

Delulu is solulu

DEvaluation is the solution

What if in the TnC, there is a clause that referer becomes the guarantee?
Special conditions like this should be communicated prior and in well informed manner and then only, it will incur any contractual obligation.

It's not even customary that referer will act as guarantee so as to become implied.

However, it's matter of the discretion of court of law.

Better if one find such, give immediate revocation notice. If one wants to have peace of mind. 🕊️

I was thinking of creating a post on this the moment I saw this tweet. This tweet is one of the classic examples why one should tread carefully when it comes to financial products, and this is the sole reason why I never shared my referral links ever on a social media platform or on our forum. Fortunately the OP got away as he used his social media outreach to escalate this matter to One Card However, everyone doesn't have the same level of reach and they may end up in trouble due to misuse of these referral links.

I do not wish to create panic or indulge in fear mongering here but I shudder to think of a possibility when the cards acquired through such referrals links are used in buying illegal stuff and used in any criminal activities. No amount of rewards points/cash back worth taking such risks.

Law enforcement can go upto any extent to nab the accused and even the slightest link with any individual involved in such cases can lend you in trouble. Referral links are an open invitation for such troubles.

I would like to quote an example here, recently during floods in Delhi few unfortunate souls lost their lives as they were in the basement of the building where the water gushed rapidly when the door of the building collapsed due to waves created by an SUV which was passing through a near by road.

Source:
SUV driver didn't know that there were students in the basement of the building close to which he was passing through neither he had any intentions to harm anyone, still he was held responsible and was in police custody for more than a week. In this case the driver was simply at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Only reason why I took reference to this case is to make you all aware that law enforcement work in mysterious ways and one should be careful when it comes to flouting norms. Referral links are meant to be shared with those who you know personally and whom you can trust. Openly sharing them on a social media platform is a risky bet one should avoid.

Special conditions like this should be communicated prior and in well informed manner and then only, it will incur any contractual obligation.

It's not even customary that referer will act as guarantee so as to become implied.

However, it's matter of the discretion of court of law.

Better if one find such, give immediate revocation notice. If one wants to have peace of mind. 🕊️
You need a legal agreement to become a guarantor. Without the agreement and signature, this is plain harassment.

My take: if he keeps reaching out, throw this guy's number on a SMS bombing website.

Kash sari shaddiya "VIVAH" ki tarah pavitra ho sakti .
Ekta Kapoor once said, with TV Serials and Movies everything is fake and we try to portray which is unachievable in real life. Atleast with our generation i.e Millenials as we are tagged, we had the mind to differ between reel and real life but Gen Y and Z are idiot enough and they think whatever is shown in movies and reels can/should be part of real life. When reality actually strikes them, they will either get filled with anger to bring end to their life. Last year, a tiktoker/youtuber here bought mercedes in area I live in and just last month bank siezed that car. I've the capacity to buy luxury car but have Hyundai i20 and these stupid folks think spending for a lavish life is a normal. They are mindless and after getting easy money from Google/advertisers for not much hard work, they think they will keep getting it. Out older gen were not stupid who taught us to respect Money and save for a better future.

Coming back to marriage, it was an institution in India well maintained but the same Ekta Kapoor feeded hatred in girl's mind over years and portrayed in-laws as enemies. Now that generation after growing up but still has that mindset developed by those serials think of in-laws as devils. Her (Ekta Kapoor's) own marriage failed drastically because of her own mistakes and then she pulled off biggest scam through her serials which will destroy families for years to come. Then the influence from westren culture also played its part and our stupid Gen X and Y are blind followers of West where marriage fails within few days. So they never go deep to understand the repercussions. Very less movies or serials in India tried to show good effects of joint families and moral support you have. This support portrayed as interference in life or privacy and out Gen Y and Z started thinking like same. Even smallest of ask from them is like interference and attack on their fundamental rights. So the basic fabric of India on which we stood firm for ages have been teared apart by depressed people who because of their own mistakes didn't achieved anything but gained money to destroy families here because they had platforms to force their stupid thinking on others. Not even 10% of girls in India face issues like being protrayed in media or tv serials after marriage but it was generalized as if every home of in-laws is filled with danger and they are devils. These days people having boys fear bringing D-in-Law because it can wreck their homes.

Don't want to blame girls today but they have been feeded fake agendas over years through TV/Theater and they are gone case now and most being not fit to be married. Those who are, getting perceived as bad due to other women. So those believing in institution of families are getting good homes these days to start their after marriage life. On other side of coin, western influence on boys make them think, having meaningless s*x is a normal. That's why at 23, I said no to marriage proposal and living life happily after that being single at ~35 yrs.

Ekta Kapoor once said, with TV Serials and Movies everything is fake and we try to portray which is unachievable in real life. Atleast with our generation i.e Millenials as we are tagged, we had the mind to differ between reel and real life but Gen Y and Z are idiot enough and they think whatever is shown in movies and reels can/should be part of real life. When reality actually strikes them, they will either get filled with anger to bring end to their life. Last year, a tiktoker/youtuber here bought mercedes in area I live in and just last month bank siezed that car. I've the capacity to buy luxury car but have Hyundai i20 and these stupid folks think spending for a lavish life is a normal. They are mindless and after getting easy money from Google/advertisers for not much hard work, they think they will keep getting it. Out older gen were not stupid who taught us to respect Money and save for a better future.

Coming back to marriage, it was an institution in India well maintained but the same Ekta Kapoor feeded hatred in girl's mind over years and portrayed in-laws as enemies. Now that generation after growing up but still has that mindset developed by those serials think of in-laws as devils. Her (Ekta Kapoor's) own marriage failed drastically because of her own mistakes and then she pulled off biggest scam through her serials which will destroy families for years to come. Then the influence from westren culture also played its part and our stupid Gen X and Y are blind followers of West where marriage fails within few days. So they never go deep to understand the repercussions. Very less movies or serials in India tried to show good effects of joint families and moral support you have. This support portrayed as interference in life or privacy and out Gen Y and Z started thinking like same. Even smallest of ask from them is like interference and attack on their fundamental rights. So the basic fabric of India on which we stood firm for ages have been teared apart by depressed people who because of their own mistakes didn't achieved anything but gained money to destroy families here because they had platforms to force their stupid thinking on others. Not even 10% of girls in India face issues like being protrayed in media or tv serials after marriage but it was generalized as if every home of in-laws is filled with danger and they are devils. These days people having boys fear bringing D-in-Law because it can wreck their homes.

Don't want to blame girls today but they have been feeded fake agendas over years through TV/Theater and they are gone case now and most being not fit to be married. Those who are, getting perceived as bad due to other women. So those believing in institution of families are getting good homes these days to start their after marriage life. On other side of coin, western influence on boys make them think, having meaningless s*x is a normal. That's why at 23, I said no to marriage proposal and living life happily after that being single at ~35 yrs.
Man ... so true .. showing of wealth is not rich.

You need a legal agreement to become a guarantor. Without the agreement and signature, this is plain harassment.

My take: if he keeps reaching out, throw this guy's number on a SMS bombing website.
I somehow meant the same. Contract of Guarantee is one of the special type of contract which needs to fulfill some criteria inorder to become enforceable.

After giving threating that he will complaint to RBI BO, he stopped messaging him, seems so.

Back