• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Think before referring unknown persons

_deb_

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
The following tweet is making rounds on X. It seems that recovery agents from One Card are reaching out to individuals who referred defaulters.

Many responses, especially from the so-called “CC geeks” community, express shock that referrers are being pursued by recovery agents.

While numerous people have turned X, YouTube, TF, and other platforms into venues for promoting referral links, it's crucial to remember that credit cards are significant financial tools. Your name is associated with anyone who uses your referral link, and you could be linked to any fraud, default, or problematic transactions involving them.

Stay cautious, be aware of the potential risks, and consider the consequences before seeking out a "small reward."

Attachments

• 3.png
    3.png
    656.2 KB · Views: 249
  • 2.png
    2.png
    748.7 KB · Views: 250
  • 1.png
    1.png
    514.4 KB · Views: 251
The following tweet is making rounds on X. It seems that recovery agents from One Card are reaching out to individuals who referred defaulters.

Many responses, especially from the so-called “CC geeks” community, express shock that referrers are being pursued by recovery agents.

While numerous people have turned X, YouTube, TF, and other platforms into venues for promoting referral links, it's crucial to remember that credit cards are significant financial tools. Your name is associated with anyone who uses your referral link, and you could be linked to any fraud, default, or problematic transactions involving them.

Stay cautious, be aware of the potential risks, and consider the consequences before seeking out a "small reward."

This is first issue highlighted in CC segment. Earlier the same issue happened to the Fintech company loans, Betting apps all over India particularly in AP & Telangana. From then on betting apps were banned in AP & TG.

Coming to my personal experience in my family member. My brother took some fancy mobile number from our trusted sources only and got it activated, later on we have been receiving threatening calls and messages regarding some loan on the phone number we taken which was given as emergency contact for that loan. Later on went to local police and raised complaint with Cyber Security team and registered complaint and they warned them. From then on we have not received any threatening messages. The issue was there for almost 1-1.5 month with many vulgar comments and chats and some calls too. So we talk about Privacy and all when issues pop up, just be ware guys.

** The only referral I share on public domain is Amex, hoping that they follow rules and regulations and not to that level to threat the referral person. Anyways be ware guys.

Last edited:
You need a legal agreement to become a guarantor. Without the agreement and signature, this is plain harassment.

My take: if he keeps reaching out, throw this guy's number on a SMS bombing website.
Correct.

Btw please share such sites, I have a few harassers to get back at

Back