• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Thoughts on closing Moneyback and Tata neu with low limit and no LTF upgrades

Buttman

TF Premier
So I have a Moneyback cc and a Tata neu plus cc with combined limit of 86k

I recently received an offer to upgrade to Millenia but it is FYF and not LTF

I mailed the grievance team and the case handler is very persistent in not providing me an upgrade to LTF Millenia due to internet criteria ( I don’t use Moneyback much cuz it’s a really bad card)

In my reply I have asked them to at least offer me a limit enchantment citing that my other cards have a much better limit and are ltf. I can provoke a statement for their reference if needed.
I have also threatened to close the card in case they cant offer me a limit enchantment or an LTF upgrade.

What are the chances that they will close the card? XD

Also in case the close the card, having another co branded card will have any impact on new application or would I need to close the Tata neu plus care as well before reapplying for Hdfc card again.

When can I re-apply for Hdfc cc in general after closure of existing ccs?

Most of my cards have a decent limit ( upwards of 300-400k) while Moneyback has a limit of 86k only.

Anyone has any experience with this?

I am still concern if I close the business moneyback card or not as today read from this bro who got his moneyback card to upgrade Millennia card but it took 2 years. So I don't know if I can wait for 1 years even or better I close this card and reapply after 6 months.

I am still concern if I close the business moneyback card or not as today read from this bro who got his moneyback card to upgrade Millennia card but it took 2 years. So I don't know if I can wait for 1 years even or better I close this card and reapply after 6 months.
lol i never wrote it took me 2 years .. i never asked for the upgrade .. this is the first time i asked for it and got it

Bro after receiving the card mail them for lifetime free status . Do not mention about any smartpay option . And on successful confirmation remove smartpay . I did the same to get millennia LTF
yea i had this plan in my mind 😁 .. should i keep it for 3 months and on 4th month should i do it ? or earlier only ?

I think i got it as i explicitly asked for it .. I mentioned that if there is any such conditionality like smartpay biller or spending milestone .. Please let me k

Bro after receiving the card mail them for lifetime free status . Do not mention about any smartpay option . And on successful confirmation remove smartpay . I did the same to get millennia LTF
So mail them after receiving the card om FYF basis? What if they are not ready to convert to ltf?

So mail them after receiving the card om FYF basis? What if they are not ready to convert to ltf?
i dont recommend this .. you can first ask for smartpay .. if they denies .. then wait for a month .. and increase spendings on that month and repeat the method .. if everything fails then u can accept fyf

yea i had this plan in my mind 😁 .. should i keep it for 3 months and on 4th month should i do it ? or earlier only ?
Bro as you have already activated smartpay . Wait for card delivery and activation . Then mail them asking LTF status of your card . They will respond that it is LTF card . After you receive this reply immediately turn of smartpay . I did same within a month

I have mb card with low limit from 18months , also i enabled smartpay but i didn't get a single enhancement. I tried many times for LE but they simply said there are no limit enhancements offers but they are giving Jumbo Loan on CC

Back