• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Three Cards Approved in one Week

Salvo08

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
The months of April last year (2022) and May this year (2023) have turned out to be memorable ones for me. I shall concentrate more on May 2023 in this post. I am a credit card holder since 1999/2000 and the journey started with Citi Bank Credit Card in Pune. I'll talk about this journey in some other post but for the last couple years, ever since I became 'more Credit Card literate', I wanted to have HDFC Infina but it is an invite only card. Had Millennia for two years which got upgraded to Regalia but Infina wasn't anywhere in sight. Since I'm a HDFC prefferd customer, I asked my RM to get the approval but for the last one year+, I saw three RMs but none could get me the approval. Then one day I happened to watch @TechnoFino video on how to get Infinia. But I was not anywhere near in fulfilling the conditios which Sumanta described in his video.

Then on 06 Apr, I got a mail from Tata Neu that Infinity variant is being offered to me LTF. Knew the card isn't that great, but since it was LTF, I read couple of reviews and applied for the Rupay variant primarily for UPI linking. Video KYC was completed the same day and physical verification on 09 May, inspite of me being a HDFC account and card holder. I got to know around a week later that card application has been rejected as the bank wants me to submit an auto debit declaration. I submitted the declaration but the application got rejected again.

And in the meanwhile I realised that in the last six months, I had an expenditure of over 8 lakhs on Regalia, due to some commitments and my Credit Limit was already 8 Lakhs so I thought let me give it a try. So I filled up an application for Infinia, attached my 3 months salary slips along with bank statement (in which my salary gets credited) and sent it to Chennai office through Speed Post probably on 02/03 May. Though wasn't hopeful that it'll get through as I was informed by 2-3 bank reps looking after credit cards that an approval is necessary before I send the application.

And in this period my Tata Neu Infinity application was again rejected and customer care informed me that my application has been approved in principle but rejected again for auto debit declaration. I downloaded the form and sent the completed form to Chennai office through Speed Post on 06 May.

On 11 May while I was busy in office, i received a SMS from HDFC that a Credit Card has been despatched to my home address. Since I was busy and thought that it must be Tata Neu Infinity, I concentrated on my work without any excitement. At lunch I opened HDFC mob app and found 'M Infinia Metal' in cards section. I was excited, not because of Infinia but because of the completion of procedure. It's that feeling of satisfaction which one gets after successfully completing a task. On 12 May, the card got delivered at my address.

On 14 May, I got mail from Tata Neu that Tata Neu Infinity has been approved and digital card can be viewed in the Tata Neu App. Next day after setting up the PIN, linked it to UPI and started using it immediately.

I had PNB Gold card for the last 13/14 years. I hardly used it for the first couple of years but always had the card with me. After some analysis on the PNB website and on TechnoFino community, I thought I should get this upgraded/converted to PNB Select. On 15 May, I punched in the conversion request on PNB Genie and mailed my salary slips with the Service Request ID. On 17 May, on the PNB Genie App, I could see a new Credit Card linked to my account. On Genie, I could access the e-card and after setting the PIN, linked it to UPI and started using it. Though till date haven't yet received the physical card.

Therefore, in a happening week of May, I got three Credit Cards approved and I am happy using them.

Last edited:
Wow I had no idea one could get infinia this way. Could you tell us your approx salary which helped you in getting infinia
I am a Central govt employee and our salary slip is slightly complicated for bankers to understand but HDFC did understand probably. In our salary slip, monthly charges of electricity, water, house rent and furniture are deducted. The salary slip also has voluntary deductions like PF and insurance premium. In ITR terms, I filed an ITR for 34 Lakhs+ after deductions for the previous AY. Apart from salary, expenditure on the credit card etc I am a HDFC preferred account holder for the last three years and not defaulted even or a day in maintaining the MAB. I also have good amount of FDs with them and one HDFC Life Policy. I am told that HDFC does give preference to overall relationship with the Bank.

Firstly, Congratulations for the cards.... you scored hattrick!!!

and all 3 cards are gem in their own way (you can use PNB for UPI, so neu infinity is okayish for you :P )

But, I had some query...

but rejected again for auto debit declaration
I have read this many times that the card is being rejected for this reason ? if HDFC is doing this, shouldn't they ask about it during the application process itself ?

why to decline the application and then make the user fill out an additional form before approving ?

Also, why do they want auto debit declaration ?
So that they never loose money ?
and is there a way to skip that step, or to disable it after receiving the card ?

Firstly, Congratulations for the cards.... you scored hattrick!!!
Thank you so much. A card lover can understand other card lover's happiness 😂.
and all 3 cards are gem in their own way (you can use PNB for UPI, so neu infinity is okayish for you :p )
I'm actually loving all three of them (though I never initially wanted Tata Neu Infinity). To give a slight background, I always used to hate whenever any merchant refused to accept a card payment. Recently I was at Màhindra Workshop and to my surprise the dealer was demanding 1% on DC and 2% on CC. That was the day I wanted a Rupay card which gets linked to UPI the moment card is approved. I actually had two Rupay cards (SBI & BoB) but both haven't gone live with the linking. For the last 2-3 days, BoB Snapdeal is the only card which is getting linked.
But, I had some query...

I have read this many times that the card is being rejected for this reason ? if HDFC is doing this, shouldn't they ask about it during the application process itself ?
Absolutely. I also asked the same thing from the bank guy who called me up to submit the declaration. In fact he asked me if I'm a salaried govt employee and on my positive answer he said that he has seen bank asking salaried govt employees for this declaration. Though he couldn't explain me the logic. But on TF community I've found that they even ask non-salaried ones for this declaration.
why to decline the application and then make the user fill out an additional form before approving ?
Funny ways of these guys.
Also, why do they want auto debit declaration ?
So that they never loose money ?
and is there a way to skip that step, or to disable it after receiving the card ?
Why do they want this declaration is not clear and when the customer can cancel that mandate on net/mobile banking with few clicks. I told HDFC customer care the same thing as to why ask for auto debit declaration when the same can be cancelled by the user but they themselves were clueless. I'm attaching screenshot of the mob banking page where the mandate can be changed so easily.

Attachments

• IMG-20230523-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20230523-WA0000.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 53
I am a Central govt employee and our salary slip is slightly complicated for bankers to understand but HDFC did understand probably. In our salary slip, monthly charges of electricity, water, house rent and furniture are deducted. The salary slip also has voluntary deductions like PF and insurance premium. In ITR terms, I filed an ITR for 34 Lakhs+ after deductions for the previous AY. Apart from salary, expenditure on the credit card etc I am a HDFC preferred account holder for the last three years and not defaulted even or a day in maintaining the MAB. I also have good amount of FDs with them and one HDFC Life Policy. I am told that HDFC does give preference to overall relationship with the Bank.
Understood. HDFC treats govt employees a lot more favourably. My wife is also one, she got it when her ITR was probably around 15L

The months of April last year (2022) and May this year (2023) have turned out to be memorable ones for me. I shall concentrate more on May 2023 in this post. I am a credit card holder since 1999/2000 and the journey started with Citi Bank Credit Card in Pune. I'll talk about this journey in some other post but for the last couple years, ever since I became 'more Credit Card literate', I wanted to have HDFC Infina but it is an invite only card. Had Millennia for two years which got upgraded to Regalia but Infina wasn't anywhere in sight. Since I'm a HDFC prefferd customer, I asked my RM to get the approval but for the last one year+, I saw three RMs but none could get me the approval. Then one day I happened to watch @TechnoFino video on how to get Infinia. But I was not anywhere near in fulfilling the conditios which Sumanta described in his video.

Then on 06 Apr, I got a mail from Tata Neu that Infinity variant is being offered to me LTF. Knew the card isn't that great, but since it was LTF, I read couple of reviews and applied for the Rupay variant primarily for UPI linking. Video KYC was completed the same day and physical verification on 09 May, inspite of me being a HDFC account and card holder. I got to know around a week later that card application has been rejected as the bank wants me to submit an auto debit declaration. I submitted the declaration but the application got rejected again.

And in the meanwhile I realised that in the last six months, I had an expenditure of over 8 lakhs on Regalia, due to some commitments and my Credit Limit was already 8 Lakhs so I thought let me give it a try. So I filled up an application for Infinia, attached my 3 months salary slips along with bank statement (in which my salary gets credited) and sent it to Chennai office through Speed Post probably on 02/03 May. Though wasn't hopeful that it'll get through as I was informed by 2-3 bank reps looking after credit cards that an approval is necessary before I send the application.

And in this period my Tata Neu Infinity application was again rejected and customer care informed me that my application has been approved in principle but rejected again for auto debit declaration. I downloaded the form and sent the completed form to Chennai office through Speed Post on 06 May.

On 11 May while I was busy in office, i received a SMS from HDFC that a Credit Card has been despatched to my home address. Since I was busy and thought that it must be Tata Neu Infinity, I concentrated on my work without any excitement. At lunch I opened HDFC mob app and found 'M Infinia Metal' in cards section. I was excited, not because of Infinia but because of the completion of procedure. It's that feeling of satisfaction which one gets after successfully completing a task. On 12 May, the card got delivered at my address.

On 14 May, I got mail from Tata Neu that Tata Neu Infinity has been approved and digital card can be viewed in the Tata Neu App. Next day after setting up the PIN, linked it to UPI and started using it immediately.

I had PNB Gold card for the last 13/14 years. I hardly used it for the first couple of years but always had the card with me. After some analysis on the PNB website and on TechnoFino community, I thought I should get this upgraded/converted to PNB Select. On 15 May, I punched in the conversion request on PNB Genie and mailed my salary slips with the Service Request ID. On 17 May, on the PNB Genie App, I could see a new Credit Card linked to my account. On Genie, I could access the e-card and after setting the PIN, linked it to UPI and started using it. Though till date haven't yet received the physical card.

Therefore, in a happening week of May, I got three Credit Cards approved and I am happy using them.
Congratulations. Did you get Infinia as LTF ?

Congratulations. Did you get Infinia as LTF ?
Nope. Metal isn’t being given LTF I presume. It’s FYF. Till a year back I never liked paying annual fee for any card, actually we never got anything back in return. But now with Super Premium cards like Infinia and Magnus, one gets almost full value back (excl GST) as reward points, so paying some amount for the benefits which these cards offer shouldn’t pinch but obviously if one gets these LTF then nothing like it.

Nope. Metal isn’t being given LTF I presume. It’s FYF. Till a year back I never liked paying annual fee for any card, actually we never got anything back in return. But now with Super Premium cards like Infinia and Magnus, one gets almost full value back (excl GST) as reward points, so paying some amount for the benefits which these cards offer shouldn’t pinch but obviously if one gets these LTF then nothing like it.
Are you saying we will get points equal to the annual fee of 12.5K for Infinia ? Is it anywhere mentioned in the HDFC portal ?

Are you saying we will get points equal to the annual fee of 12.5K for Infinia ? Is it anywhere mentioned in the HDFC portal ?
Yes Sir, I’m saying that only. If you pay the joining fee, you get 12500 reward points and same with annual fee. If the card is FYF then you do not get those reward points. Screen grab from HDFC webpage is attached below.

Attachments

• IMG_5883.jpeg
    IMG_5883.jpeg
    248.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Well well well…. Now the Post Heading can be revised to 2 Super Premium Cards and in Total 4 Cards received in three weeks.

Magnus was approved on 30 May and card received today. Activated but still unable to use it due to some issue with Axis’s back end team. Hopefully shall be resolved by tomorrow. With this my search for good cards comes to a halt. Hopefully new cards won’t excite me much for foreseeable future.

Loved the activation process on Axis mob app due to creative animation.

Attachments

• IMG_5902.png
    IMG_5902.png
    48.2 KB · Views: 7
Back